• You've discovered RedGuides 📕 an EverQuest multi-boxing community 🛡️🧙🗡️. We want you to play several EQ characters at once, come join us and say hello! 👋
  • IS THIS SITE UGLY? Change the look. To dismiss this notice, click the X --->
MQ2DPSAdv

Plugin - MQ2DPSAdv (1 Viewer)

I know it has to be something stupid on my end, but I only see my SK's DPS on the main screen (instead of all of them). I would like to see all of them on my main window instead of just my SK. I can check each individual and they all only show their individual DPS an no one else. Any help?
*Edited to add: I am using a custom UI if that matters? I can see the window and tabs etc.

On the UI window is there a way to permantly get rid of the escape to close option. I keep closing the window by mistake.

I use this DPS metre a lot but I find that doesn't include my pet. At least half the time and I dont see a command to fix it also sometimes has very different numbers than gamparse why?

It does include your pet, it's just not split. If you see an asterix by your name, then you had a pet.

1571862829034.png

In the above screenshot, both the berzerker and the rogue had pets, thus their name has an * next to it to notate that it has pet damage included.

Why are the numbers different than gamparse? That's a good question.

I don't know specifically what all damage is included by gamparse and what gets parsed and what doesn't. MQ2DPSAdv is up to date with all the messages that are needed to parse all outgoing damage done by another player. It's very specific that it covers all damage types, and output messages. DPSAdv even includes damage shields being attributed to the person who has the buff on them returning damage back to the enemy as part of their DPS.

If you find that there is a damage that is not added to the respective character then please bring it up. I would also need the message that should be parsed and how to reproduce the damage message so that I can create a catch for the damage and attribute it to the correct player.

My issue is that its Breaking out My pet as a Seperate Toon His Name is Gingy and its catches him half the time as his own PC it seems and the other times it does not.

My Sk always fights with his Skelly pet and I watched the last few fights: no asterix by his name. (yes the pet was attacking). I saw the asterix by a few other names tho - even the zerkers.

COPY MQUI_DpsAdvWnd.xml to /uifiles/default folder or to your custom UI folder.
Then you may have to reload your UI. (MQUI_DpsAdvWnd.xml is included in the compile in the /uifiles/ folder)

-- Make sure you take the most recent update to this option and update to your custom UI .. I use Drakah UI and after updating today to the latest VV, it caused some OnPulse condition that was booting all my characters and not loading into EQ.
My old copy of this file was from last November, 2018.

I cannot get my window location and size to save when I camp out. Any suggestions?

I was seeming to have the same issue with everyone other then my Tank, but it seemed to have saved when I installed it months ago.

All others reset each time I log out.

I patched today to the latest, went and downloaded current copies of my usual plugins and also downloaded and replaced the copy of MQ2DPSADV as well. Now, I get an error when each character logs in (but it will allow you to continue if you click retry) and the DPS window looks like one from last month (for example,the new DPS does not have an option for showing the results in k instead of the full number amount. It also does not work (no dkp showing, even my SK's).

If you do a ui reload it crashes the character completely.

I sent the dmp file to Eqmule.

me and mule looked over the crash dump and I submitted changes for the crashing from UI issues. It should be sorted at this point.

Also, by popular demand, I've added SDPS (DPS over entire duration of the fight) to the DPS Column.

1573885322574.png

1573885364162.png

Should hopefully satisfy the requests to show it. Change has been submitted and awaits merge approval and the next live build.

Redbot updated MQ2DPSAdv with a new update entry:

SDPS

Add SDPS (Damage Per Second over duration of entire fight. to the DPS Output Column in (parentheses) Update Debug output for OnIncomingChat colors to strip links so that the output shows the entire incoming Line of text. Added more information for Color 289 to reflect spell failures.

Read the rest of this update entry...

Is there any way to access the info from a tlo or something similar? I am running a group, I use this to keep a rough track on which toons did what. I don't have need of selecting other fights or so on. I would like to show the latest fight stats in a hud onscreen, rather than a window.

You could read the window. But the code to do it would be somewhat cumbersome I think. Not to mention, it would likely return inaccurate results as the list clears pretty quickly if you have another mob in the camp and engage it.

trying to find a way i can read parses of individuals (not me) to break down usage of each ability through out an encounter. To best direct the masses and further progress as a big eye in the sky (ie. get people to stop breaking mezzes ect.) and the only way i know how to do that is to track people's abilities. I can't do it in realtime as during spam of raids is far too fast and their's far too much spam to scroll through after said encounters are completed. Is their a) way to break down the via dps parse of individuals from this macro and b) a way you all in you're knowing ways can better direct me to accomplish said feat? Any and all help is greatly appreciated.

trying to find a way i can read parses of individuals (not me) to break down usage of each ability through out an encounter. To best direct the masses and further progress as a big eye in the sky (ie. get people to stop breaking mezzes ect.) and the only way i know how to do that is to track people's abilities. I can't do it in realtime as during spam of raids is far too fast and their's far too much spam to scroll through after said encounters are completed. Is their a) way to break down the via dps parse of individuals from this macro and b) a way you all in you're knowing ways can better direct me to accomplish said feat? Any and all help is greatly appreciated.
to get that detailed you would really want something more like GamParse >> HERE <<

i figured thank you for your prompt response. Perhaps in the future one of the brains behind the coding could come up with a ingame dps meter simular to dare i say it (recount) like WoW had. on the fly looks make things easy to help direct in real time.

I'm a bit confused about something with KA's built in parser and mq2dpsadv. See my attachment. I am using Blizzent (named in ToV) as an example.

On KA's parser. My mage did 316K and my pet did 133K. So my combined total DPS was 449K.

Looking at mq2dpsadv;s window which I put right next to my MQ window.
My mage was at the top with 448K dps, and then my pet was listed separately (listed as number 4) at 76K dps. I read in previous posts that if there is an asterisk next to my name (which there was), then it includes pet damage in the figure automatically. However, my pet damage was listed separately as well in the DPS Adv window. Is this intentional?

blizzy.jpg

I'm just wondering why it's parsing differently than KA's built in parser. I have all spells, hits, etc on. The pet DPS in particular seems way off between these two parsers. However, if I am to only consider my name at the top only for combined DPS then the difference appears marginal between the two parsers. The fight times also appear to be a little off. Not sure if how it's recording the fight times has anything to do with it.

Last edited:
I was working with @sl968 about a month or so ago, on this same issue. What I found after creating several EQ logs and filtering through the logs that the DPS parser in Kiss was closer to accurate than DPSAdv. I went into kissassist and had it list every triggered event used to accumulate the DPS and then I went through the EQ log file, line by line matching each entry listed from the kiss DPS log and found KISS DPS Parser was correct and the DPSAdv was showing a much lower DPS. The toon I used was a warrior so there was no pet involved. I did notice that Kiss had a tendency to exclude the last few DPS entries for each fight. I ended up creating a work/calc sheet(Open/Libre Office) macro, that allows me to select the EQ log file and filter through the file and load the worksheet with only the DPS entries, from the log file.

I was working with @sl968 about a month or so ago, on this same issue. What I found after creating several EQ logs and filtering through the logs that the DPS parser in Kiss was closer to accurate than DPSAdv. I went into kissassist and had it list every triggered event used to accumulate the DPS and then I went through the EQ log file, line by line matching each entry listed from the kiss DPS log and found KISS DPS Parser was correct and the DPSAdv was showing a much lower DPS. The toon I used was a warrior so there was no pet involved. I did notice that Kiss had a tendency to exclude the last few DPS entries for each fight. I ended up creating a work/calc sheet(Open/Libre Office) macro, that allows me to select the EQ log file and filter through the file and load the worksheet with only the DPS entries, from the log file.

Is one more consistent than the other? Personally I don't need the exact number, I really just want to see if my dps goes up or down based on changes I make. I know I am not in the top fancy pants club already as I don't raid. Testing different strategies is useful though.

They are both consistent as far as what they record as DPS. It's not like there is a hole that some of your DPS falls through this time around and got missed. MQ2DPSAdv and Kiss will both give you consistent numbers, but I haven't had time to take a closer look at DPSAdv to see what DPS is not getting included in its parse.

Is there an advanced DPS meter or a way to view everyone’s DPS from my group in one toon? Trying to optimize my group but first need to know what my DPS is haha. Thanks for your help.

The DPS meter in KA is fairly accurate and if you set it up like cannonballdex mentioned, it will report to all MQ2 windows after fights.

mq2DPSAdv is another option. You have to setup the UI part, but it will make a box that you can monitor from any screen. I think it's not quite as accurate right now, but it's pretty good overall.

GamParse, the beta version, is the best if you want real time data & details. It can be setup to report as an overlay, so you see it from any screen. Also does avgs for hour or day, whatever you want it to read from log.

I use KA for quick checks, DPSAdv on my melee group (mainly so I'll notice if I forgot to un-pause somebody) and GamParse when I want to test various macros/plugins/ini settings.

Redbot updated MQ2DPSAdv with a new update entry:

New TLO's, major code cleanup

• Added DPS Meter logic for self and pet.
  • Added a TLO so you can access the information.
  • This update does not require the DPSADV UI window to be open.
  • Added MyStart, MyStop, MyReset, and help commands.
  • New TLO DPSAdv and members: MyDamage, PetDamage, TotalDamage, MyDPS, PetDPS, TotalDPS, TimeElapsed, MyStatus.
  • MyName would only get set if the plugin was initialized while in game
  • Add name setting on game state change instead of just on plugin load while in game...

Read the rest of this update entry...

At the top of your ini files in [General] you turn EQBCOn=1 and DPSMeter=1 and it will work. There may be a command you can type from in game to turn those on but I'm not sure. I just do it in my ini files.

Last edited:
Plugin - MQ2DPSAdv

Users who are viewing this thread

Back