• You've discovered RedGuides 📕 an EverQuest multi-boxing community 🛡️🧙🗡️. We want you to play several EQ characters at once, come join us and say hello! 👋
  • IS THIS SITE UGLY? Change the look. To dismiss this notice, click the X --->

Contest FALL '23 RAFFLE: Let's talk computer accessories to celebreate RedGuides at 30k (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well considering my graphics card crapped out on me two days ago, and I am currently boxing with a crappy AMD 580, I would say a graphics card if chosen.

There is a reason you have 30k followers/members, and it is because of the kick -assery that you ALL do on the back end that 99% of us know nothing about. Keep on keeping on, and I hope that we can keep EQing for another 25 years!

Such an awesome community - glad that its 30k and I am sure that it is still going to grow!

Celebrate In Love GIF by Max

Happy for all involved. This is a great community and for me its just been great to be here. The game is nice but this place makes the game worth playing for soo many. I hope all have good luck and continue to enjoy and the second comp running toons might look better with a monitor.

I’ve always wanted one of those giant curved monitors. The ones that are like 49 inches.

But seriously, the 30k is an incredible number! I would love to see this community continue to grow

Back in the day when I originally founded MQ. I was rocking a Dell Inspirion 15 7000 gaming laptop; Now was it ideal no. however I was a complete idiot when it came to MQ.

@Inkie was the first person I encountered in MQ when I was killing in Dead hills. (was my first suspension as well hahaha) He went out of his way to help me with certain Kiss ini's and where to find info. So, in that sense I want to say Thank you very much to that. Now FastForward a few years I bought my first toon from @Chanticleer and it started my odd ball of a group of a sk clr shm nec zerk war an absolute horrible group mind you.

My laptop would only allow me to box 6 and it was perfect. Finally, I moved on from Trakanon to Bertox then to where I am currently and I started a fresh 6 box crew of a sk clr bard zerk zerk bst, and I have had the same 6 crew since EOK.

Move forward a few years and my laptop would only allow me to box 2-3 due to lag and crashes. So, I finally pulled the trigger and built an AMD Ryzen 5 5600x CPU with a GeForce RTX 3060 video card and 16 GB ram. I went from boxing 6 toons to 2-3 toons to now I can pull off 24 accounts and be at my cap. It has been a huge upgrade from my little dinky laptop to my current set up. All mind you as I had my laptop, I sat in my bed with a lap top stand and rocked it or sat on the floor. Now i use my Beer pong tables from my high - school days as my Desktop sits on them.

Now that leads to what I could use in my set up would be a nice desk. Honestly, I have never had a desk in my life for a computer its either been a fold up plastic table or sitting at my kitchen table getting yelled at by my folks, and now wife hah. However, with now newly running a business (2 months now in the making) I do a lot of work at my computer as well as my wife doing my invoices etc., And with no computer Desk with drawers / a way to organize my tower and screens with wires hidden etc. it has turned into a mess! That would be my 1 thing on my Christmas list this year basically. (Aside from upgrading my pc to an AM Ryzen 7 7800x so I can 36 box, but that requires a lot more than I will ever ask for lol)
wow i remember that toon.

Back in the day there was something called a ShaBLAM board. It was supposed to really speed up those 486's by like a lot, hence the name. Never saw one for real and do not think they exist any longer. I may be aging myself here lol

This is awesome, 30k members and I hope growing. I am fairly new my self to Red Guides. I wish I would have found out about Red Guides sooner. From the Creators, Moderators, and to all the great helpful members of this community It is has been great to be a member.

I have never seen a question go unanswered. Most of the time with in minutes someone has posted a reply to the questions.

For the raffle well I just rebuilt my PC, new gaming desk. All I would like to have is a reclining gaming chair. That would help the old knees out.

reclining chair.jpg

30k Holy crap, I'm happy I decided to start using RedGuides it's been great and I'm having loads of fun! Thank you to all those who make this possible it's appreciated more than I can express.

I want nothing. This community has given me so much. And I just upgraded my pc this spring to stupid tier. But redguides and macroquest gave me a bunch of inspiration to learn a new language (lua) and its been a blast. I appreciate everything.

Let's see I'd wish for a new 12+ TB Ironwolf or WD Red quality NAS Drive to use for parity on my unraid server. If rainbows and unicorns smiled upon me I'd wish for an EVGA GeForce RTX 3090 Ti Kingpin Hybrid or FTW3 Hybrid instead.

Congrats Redguides! That's a hellacious amount of accounts. I've really enjoyed being a small part of this community in the past few months. Looking forward to being around a while.. as long as I don't get busted on EQ for mq2 or start getting bored with EQ again. Could happen, lol.

Not that I even entertain the idea of winning, but a new hi power video card would be awesome!!
Good luck everyone!

When my playtime started to consist of just logging in to raid, I knew it was time to quit or make a change. Fortunately, I found Redguides and made the game enjoyable once again. From creating characters to try out or getting progression done in a timely manner. Grats on the milestone.

Soon, all of EQ will be Redguide member.
I wouldnt be surprised if 15-20% of actual players are using RG or a form of it and likely accounting for 40% of active accounts.

Grats on 30K, the service provided here and the community has been why I kept playing EQ in the last 2 years.

My wishlist item would be the Intel i9 14900K processor.

I know it's probably kind of silly, but if I could pick something for my comp set up, I'd want a Razer Strider Chroma hybrid soft/hard extended sized mat with Chroma RGB lighting zones to put my keyboard and mouse on. I have a boring black pad currently but lights are pretty! :) Ya....old gamer gal here....I'm not above murdering pixels with some bling. :lol:

Awesome job! I have always bounced back and forth between the various sites, but I do love a ton of what Redguides has to offer its members. Thanks so much for being an awesome resource!

Glad to see its active. I half expected this place to be a barren wasteland of just people posting updates, and people complaining the updates had bugs.
Nice to have resources so non-coders like myself can play in whatever manner we choose.

Congratulations Redguides! 30k is very impressive, such a great community full of smart and creative people. I raise a glass to all of you, veterans, fledglings, and seekers of adventure. Redguides keeps the magic of EQ alive and its an honor to be here.

-Taz

Congrats to redguides, I use kissassist and the much lauded MQ2Warrior, I have learned so much from this community and those who brought me to it that I have even begun to write my own scripts with 0 prior knowledge of coding.

If I won all I would want is a suitable office chair to sit my ass in and keep coding, and I guess also MQ2Ranger :P

Contest FALL '23 RAFFLE: Let's talk computer accessories to celebreate RedGuides at 30k
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back