• You've discovered RedGuides 📕 an EverQuest multi-boxing community 🛡️🧙🗡️. We want you to play several EQ characters at once, come join us and say hello! 👋
  • IS THIS SITE UGLY? Change the look. To dismiss this notice, click the X --->

Discussion - What's Your favorite class? (1 Viewer)

First char was a ranger. I still love the class but my current favorite, and has been for the last 10 years or so is SK. If I couldn’t box I’d play SK...it’s what I played before starting up with the boxes a couple years ago.

My first class was a bard. It sounded fun. My favorite class is the enchanter and this is the class I'd play if I could't box. I've played every class to a high level except druid and ranger. Beastlord would be very close to enchanter if I had to choose one class to play. Necromancers and Shadow Knights would be my third/fourth choices without saying which is which.

Minniemmee24 I have to agree with you, the bard is such a fun class to play. Use to love pulling half the zone and picking what ever mob i wanted out of the masses, close runner up is beastlord. but i am guessing if i had to pick one full time with no boxing it would be the bard

First class I ever made was a wizard I think, but I got lost in Toxxulia Forest and gave up for awhile.

After that, it’s been Warrior all the way!

Least favorite class = SK, because everyone and their mom plays one. It’s ez mode

Ranger since day 1. Well day 425 didn't start the day the game launched :)

Enjoying my shaman and chanter who play with the ranger but group revolves around ranger

My main in a raid guild back in the day was Wizard. Was one of the top geared serverwide GoD through Underfoot where I retired. I had a few alts, the most fun imo was ranger. I love the versatility of the class, jack of all trades and also like archery. I'm now back and 6 boxing my own group, mainly with classes I've never played before as it's a melee group, War Clr Bst Brd Zerk Zerk, all level 70 at the mo. I play the bard as puller and really enjoying the class. It's a bit like the ranger as it's very versatile. So I guess after maining a pure caster dps class for years, I've come to realise the classes I enjoy the most are melee that have some versatility, ranger and bard.

My favorite was rogue back in the day because I enjoyed exploring and the rush of a corpse run. Now a days, it is shadow knight because I enjoy doing old content.

Thanks for the thread!

My favorite was rogue back in the day because I enjoyed exploring and the rush of a corpse run. Now a days, it is shadow knight because I enjoy doing old content.

Thanks for the thread!
Thanks for responding. It is so amazing that not only are we talking about a game that began 21 years ago, but that we are still playing it even with all of the other games available to us.

My first was a Bard which I didn't like for a bunch of reasons. I did well with it though, but after a year or two I restarted with a Necro. It is the best thing I have ever played even today. I could mez, I could pull with fd, I could heal myself with taps, I could do good damage, and it was really mana efficient. I could also solo really well, I could solo nameds and go to places that only groups would go. It was amazing to solo, but I loved it in a group too, I just felt so useful although a lot of people didn't feel the same way. I usually got ignored for groups because people preferred a druid or wiz for evac, then they would come to me hours later for me to summon their corpses...

Much later I started on another server and I played as an Enchanter. It is my second favorite class after the Necro. Charming solo is so challenging and fun and rewarding. And like the Necro I felt super useful in a group, although I preferred the Necro.

If I had to single box on an Emu I would pick the Necro, but in modern EQ it can't mez so I would pick an Ench or Druid.

Last edited:
I remember when my pally was still fairly young, a few months into game (my playtime was only about 4 hours a day) and I wanted to go to Qeynos and I asked for a port and i got a tell said ill take you. I was super happy that I didn't have to run. I get a group invite and this bard runs me all the way there. I was laughing so hard, but thought hey its faster than me going myself.

I remember when my pally was still fairly young, a few months into game (my playtime was only about 4 hours a day) and I wanted to go to Qeynos and I asked for a port and i got a tell said ill take you. I was super happy that I didn't have to run. I get a group invite and this bard runs me all the way there. I was laughing so hard, but thought hey its faster than me going myself.

My first toon was a pally. I remember the first time I loaded in to Everquest as a Human Pally in Freeport. I had no clue what I was doing so the first thing I managed to do was turn on auto attack and was one shotted by my own guildmaster. Welcome to Everquest.

I started in Kelethin on the platforms in the trees. I was running to the merchant and tried to reply to someone and it makes your character keep running automatically, and if you do any of the movement keys it just types them into the chat box instead of controlling you... So I went flying off the side of the platform and splatted on the ground below. My chat was full of SSSSSSSWASDASDW. When I went back to get my corpse I saw lots of other fallen comrades :)

Shaman.

It was my first class back when I started and the character I logged back into when I returned. Found him still on the snowy slopes in Velious where I had last been fighting ice giants with my ghost wolf.

Always loved the iksar skull helm and still enjoy seeing mobs attacks slowed to a crawl as they wither under the DoTs. Being able to do a bit of everything is so flexible. Melee, heal, debuff, buff, dot, nuke, and even alchemy on top.

1. Troll SK, during beta... the troll+hybrid exp bonus was insanely brutal
2. Hafling Druid - Day 1 live, the utility was great, soloing great, pvp great.... grouping? not so great (PROTECT THE WALL!)
3. Iksar Monk - Few months after kunark, I wanted a twink, later discovered I loved pulling, and was tired of giving up raid loot to others (my choice to advance guild) when I put so much effort in
4. When everyone quit because of GoD I stopped main-playing a single character, was doing 2-3boxing but seriously EVERYONE quit around GoD so I quit playing EQ and switched to playing MQ2.

My favorite class now is Bard, life without bardspeed is not a life I want to live. Also really enjoy mages, beastlords

So what what was your first ever EQ class?
What if your favorite EQ class now?
If you were not able to box what class would you play?

Mine are as follow:
1. Paladin
2. Enchanter
3. Mage

barbarian Warrior iirc
necro
necro
For sure, they are all fun though

Last edited:
DE SK. My cousin hooked me on this game on my birthday in 2001 and that's what I rolled on the Sullon Zek server. (He didn't tell me that Sullon Zek what the ghetto of EQ) I've played an SK ever since. Added to my box crew of course but my main will always be a DE SK. My wife played for some time as well so I always have her character as my 2nd. A DE Mage. Always the same names as well.

Ogre Warrior, been a blast for 20 years. Getting lots of mini-favourites now though when MQ is showing me the potential of all the other classes. Its amazing what this litte program is capable of )

My first character was a Gnome Magician. I was a kid/ teen reading the Lost Years of Merlin, so I named him after a character in the books. A giant who was cursed (I think) and made tiny. Gnome sized in my mind. So Shim the Magician was born! Over the years the IDEA of a Rogue has always won me over. Skulking in shadows, able to dispatch enemies silently and swiftly, and generally being a bad ass. However, as video games have relayed time and time again, my idea of a Rogue never quite pans out that way. Same goes for my idea of a Paladin too I suppose.

If I had to pick a favorite class, I'd probably still go with Magician. They may not be as strong as in their heyday, but I do love them regardless.
If I couldn't box, I'd still go with Magician.

Necro necro necro.

My first guy was a paladin, and I only made the necro to get my hands on the bind affinity quest item out of Neriak. I found while levelling up the necromancer to the levels to handle Befallen that it was WAY easier than it had been to level up my paladin. I ended up making the necromancer my main guy, and left my paladin behind. Only downside was every patch seemed to nerf my new main for like the next 5 years.

Discussion - What's Your favorite class?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back