• You've discovered RedGuides 📕 an EverQuest multi-boxing community 🛡️🧙🗡️. We want you to play several EQ characters at once, come join us and say hello! 👋
  • IS THIS SITE UGLY? Change the look. To dismiss this notice, click the X --->

Unseen Hand (1 Viewer)

yamuath

RedCents
29¢
Was wondering if anyone else has encountered and been killed by an Unseen Hand. have had it happen a couple of times this week in Ethernere Tainted West Karana.

I know that this is a thread necro but every time this has happened to me it's during battle. One of my characters, probably my puller, won't be able to see the mob (probably not getting the data from the server) and if it kills you it calls it an unseen hand because your client does not see it at all.

I can confirm Ladon’s comment as I’ve watched it happen a few times. Three or four of my characters will see the mob and the others won’t. If the mob ultimately kills my characters, it says they were killed by an Unseen Hand. Hasn’t happened to me more than once in the last couple of months but it still exists!

Yeah, this has happened to me several times, and in different zones. It seems to be unrelated to normal zone content, and either something done by a GM, maybe to test us, or its part of some sort of epic 1.5 mob- they see you and they dispatch a mob after you. The jury is out, haven't seen it happen enough to discover the source.

Yeah, this has happened to me several times, and in different zones. It seems to be unrelated to normal zone content, and either something done by a GM, maybe to test us, or its part of some sort of epic 1.5 mob- they see you and they dispatch a mob after you. The jury is out, haven't seen it happen enough to discover the source.
It happened to be on normal zone content in multiple zones in EOK. I’m pretty confident it is not GM intervention.

Im more inclined to think its part of a script for some sort of epic fight. Might not be directly related to what we are doing ourselves with our own characters, but someone that may have passed thru that zone doing something, what ever it could be. but it would have possibly left up some phantom spawns that are loaded by some of our clients, and not others. I think this because certain fights spawn mobs, like assassins, which do not have official spawn points so they have nothing to tether to. They are then destined to roam the zone making life difficult for people passing thru.

So the other day I had my group in WW killing in the caves and out of no where with no mobs in camo or around. I started dying on all my toons. I was killed by an Unseen Hand. I was not AFK killing. WTF GM?

a few other threads with similar "wtf" about it heh

a few other threads with similar "wtf" about it heh

Reminds me of when GM's used to pop as Rhinos in old overthere back in the day and maul everyone just for kicks.
Good times.

Unseen Hand

Users who are viewing this thread

Back