• IS THIS SITE UGLY? Click "RG3" at the very bottom-left of this page to change it. To dismiss this notice, click the X --->

Unseen Hand

RedCents
184¢
Was wondering if anyone else has encountered and been killed by an Unseen Hand. have had it happen a couple of times this week in Ethernere Tainted West Karana.

RedCents
8,420¢
I have been killed by them too in different places.

First time I thought it was a GM fucking with me, after it happened a few more times though, I don't know what it is.

Ladon

Fucked behind a dumpster for Oxy and a Happy Meal
RedCents
900¢
I know that this is a thread necro but every time this has happened to me it's during battle. One of my characters, probably my puller, won't be able to see the mob (probably not getting the data from the server) and if it kills you it calls it an unseen hand because your client does not see it at all.

RedCents
514¢
I can confirm Ladon’s comment as I’ve watched it happen a few times. Three or four of my characters will see the mob and the others won’t. If the mob ultimately kills my characters, it says they were killed by an Unseen Hand. Hasn’t happened to me more than once in the last couple of months but it still exists!

Frimp

RedCents
321¢
Yeah, this has happened to me several times, and in different zones. It seems to be unrelated to normal zone content, and either something done by a GM, maybe to test us, or its part of some sort of epic 1.5 mob- they see you and they dispatch a mob after you. The jury is out, haven't seen it happen enough to discover the source.

RedCents
514¢
Yeah, this has happened to me several times, and in different zones. It seems to be unrelated to normal zone content, and either something done by a GM, maybe to test us, or its part of some sort of epic 1.5 mob- they see you and they dispatch a mob after you. The jury is out, haven't seen it happen enough to discover the source.
It happened to be on normal zone content in multiple zones in EOK. I’m pretty confident it is not GM intervention.

Frimp

RedCents
321¢
Im more inclined to think its part of a script for some sort of epic fight. Might not be directly related to what we are doing ourselves with our own characters, but someone that may have passed thru that zone doing something, what ever it could be. but it would have possibly left up some phantom spawns that are loaded by some of our clients, and not others. I think this because certain fights spawn mobs, like assassins, which do not have official spawn points so they have nothing to tether to. They are then destined to roam the zone making life difficult for people passing thru.