• You've discovered RedGuides 📕 an EverQuest multi-boxing community 🛡️🧙🗡️. We want you to play several EQ characters at once, come join us and say hello! 👋
  • IS THIS SITE UGLY? Change the look. To dismiss this notice, click the X --->

TheZ v4.XX (Works with 4/19/06 patch) (1 Viewer)

Is MQ2Melee still broken? On loading the plugin, any /melee on command turns the plugin "off". /melee on turns the plugin on, but with all options off.
also, if I box more than one character on the same machine, do I have to create a "servername_charactername.ini" for each? I have mq2elee.ini's in the root directory of MQ2 and under the Macro subfolder. Which one should I use?

Melee works fine, sometimes you have to use = instead of a space like
/melee aggropri=63557
instead of
/melee aggropri 63557

Dunno about the server charname thing, normaly whatever toon your playing will make its own ini when you use the melee plugin.

Although Disarm and intimidate seems like its broke a little bit

KK, I'll look into that. Going to be posting a new version possibly tonight with a MQ2Cast, MQ2Copen, and I guess now a MQ2Hail update.

As forwarning, for the sake of doing things to make it easier...I'm thinking about compressing Hail, Csum, Copen, and CGank into one plugin, since they're all movepkt plugins. Dunno, I'll think about it while I'm working on hail.

Anyone else having problems with MQ2Bandolier?

Its loaded, and "/creatset main mainhand offhand" (for example) is creating the .ini file entries, but when I type "/equipset main" (for example) nothing seems to happen.

Is this working ok for everyone else?

MQ2Faerune plugin not in this compile? I just pulled it over from 3.40 and it works fine if your curious.

Out

I'm using piggyszone but not sure like what names for zones ..like if I want to zone from pok to pot what is pot called?kinda sounds wierd anyone know what I mean?

the thing you want to type to go to Plane of Tranquility is,,
Rich (BB code):
/zone potranquility
=P

Last edited:
Just typing "/zone" by itself should give you a list of all of the zones, with shortname in parenthesis.

You can also try to /findpath to a zone "past" the other zone. For example, if you want to get to tranq, /findpath bothunder from pok will give you the names of the zones inbetween you and bot...ie, potranquility.

anon 456 said:
Thanks Learning....that fixed it. Correct syntax is melee melee=1.....not "on". 1 is on, 0 is off.

Oh crap sorry, no you have that wrong. 0 is in fact off but the number is the distance you want to be considered "in Melee Range" So if your BFA (Big Fuckin Axe) can reach out and touch someone in a 20 foot radius put 20 in there to be considered in Melee range. Right now with 1 in there you need to be within 1.

your range you want to make like 250 (which is max) if your bow or ranged weapon can reach that far. It will arm your bow if within 250 and then go to melee when it gets within 20 if you use those variables. Of course if your reach is only 13 then you want to use 13.

Hope you get to read this again anon 456

Oh crap sorry, no you have that wrong. 0 is in fact off but the number is the distance you want to be considered "in Melee Range" So if your BFA (Big Fuckin Axe) can reach out and touch someone in a 20 foot radius put 20 in there to be considered in Melee range. Right now with 1 in there you need to be within 1.

LOL! Yeah I finally figured that out Learning!! I was on the right track, just didn't take it far enough with that post. After having some more difficulties with MQ2Melee, and re-reading the Wiki a few times and trying somemore stuff, I got it all straightedned out.

Thanks for the help Learning!!

i keep getting syntax error message saying that it cannot creat MQ2.exe or MQ2main.dll because access is denied. How can i fix this?

NeverMind was Goof on my PART , FIXED ..Please Disregard POST

Last edited by a moderator:
ok, we need to find a way to either fix ghettospeed or we need to update the opcodes and offset in the one that I posted, for many people it has been going LD rather than letting you run around at a decent speed.

This new compile has been causing CTD's for me everytime I try to camp a toon out in EQ. Even if I /unload MQ2 or dont, it still does it. Using v4.3.

Hmm. What plugins do you have loaded?

*edit* This version *is* buggy in that if you /unload MQ2, it causes you to crash. But that aside, I haven't seen any issues with switching toons. Be specific, too. Are you camping to desktop, or (I assume) character select screen?

I believe I found the problem with the CTD. It seems that WinEQ2 is the problem and many have posted on Lavish's site saying the same thing. Will just have to wait for them to post a fix.

That does seem likely Jakevsnake. I use WinEQ2 and have been crashing almost every time I try to leave the character select screen. Camping toons and switching characters works no problem though...just can not close EQ normally.

The Po(o)r expansion has caused me a lot of headaches with multiboxing using WinEQ. The crashing on logout is bad enough, but nothing compared to the increased memory requirements.

I used to be able to run 4 toons, my script writing software, browser, and iTunes all with just 2gbs. Since the release of Por I have been getting out of memory messages galore...well, was getting them, slapped another 2gb in the machine and now I am golden again :)

This new compile has been causing CTD's

I have similar problem - but - not using wineq2. If I unload during game I crash, also loading it whilst in game causes some crashes, but If I start MQ2 first (before EQ) I dont have a problem unless I unload and only do that if I am quitting game - so its not a problem.

Plugins loaded:
piggyzone
rwarp
twist

Hope info helps - and this compile is great btw

As I said above, there's a bug with this that causes it to CTD if you /unload while playing.

As for just random crashes...it happens. If it's a specific thing, though, let me know.

Just a quick question...

I use this compile and it works great, however, is it supposed to say "Thez 4.30" on the loading screen status bar (the one that shows loading progress and says fun stuff like spawning Flippy Darkpaw 89 trillion)? I am not sure why it does this but it has grabbed my attention.

Yeah he changed it to show that, keeps fags from ripping it off and selling it to some poor schmuck for 20 bucks on another website.

ha ha that doesn't stop folks ...

they gonna rip off your work one way or another,..

anything to make a buck

8-)

ARMY

Yeah, it was more just to put my mark on it.

The assholes at equnzipped ganked it anyways. *shrug*

W/e.

People apparently have no idea how easy it is to change that message in the .dll. Takes less than 1 minute.

its even posted in our guides section

MAN imagine how many LESS questions we would get if folks checked there

Imagine how many less questions we would get if folks used search!!!

OMG .. my head hurts now

8-)

ARMY

TheZ v4.XX (Works with 4/19/06 patch)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back