• You've discovered RedGuides 📕 an EverQuest multi-boxing community 🛡️🧙🗡️. We want you to play several EQ characters at once, come join us and say hello! 👋
  • IS THIS SITE UGLY? Change the look. To dismiss this notice, click the X --->

Funny - Tell me you’re and old gamer without saying you’re an old gamer. (1 Viewer)

Oh yea...you know you're old if your mind immediately finishes the following with your fingers on auto...up up...down down...left right...left right...and....

nintendo videogames GIF by El Primer Mando
LOVE SUPER CONTRA!

My first toon was an Ogre Warrior. I chose that for the reason they always stood around and scratched their butt all the time. I thought it was funny. One yellow disk to install the game, on a 30 meg hardrive

I remember meeting my fist boxer when I played on Test server. Back in like 03-04. On test there was a "high end (for test) raiding alliance. Not one guild but it was exclusive and was the only group that raided near end game. Usually an expansion or so behind live.

Well then there was the B-Squad and I say that lovingly. It was everyone deemed "not good enough" to raid with the big dogs. It was run by this guy who mained a SK. And he also ran a shaman and a 3rd box. I was BLOWN AWAY at this concept. One day he "loaned" me his spare account that had a cleric on it. That was when I learned the power of alt-tab boxing. With my trust bard I would /melody, auto attack, and then alt tab over to the cleric and just spam heals because I had no Idea how to play a cleric. It was cool doing content I was never able to do before.

Old post but somehow missed this thread since it popped up. I will say my first time boxing was Kunark release. I added a Druid to my necro and used him to snare + dot a bit (+sow). Let me hit 60 pretty damn fast.

My first toon was an Ogre Warrior. I chose that for the reason they always stood around and scratched their butt all the time. I thought it was funny. One yellow disk to install the game, on a 30 meg hardrive

As a kid I played RuneScape. The original. They had a mechanic in that game where if two entities are engage in combat they became an obstacle that couldn't be moved through. Essentially a wall. You could go around the engaged players/NPCs, but not through them. It was used creatively in PvP to block escape routes or other paths.

ANYWAY

I thought I was hilarious as a kid making an Ogre that wasn't KoS in Freeport. Maybe Agnostic Warrior? Maybe killing Orcs for a while to not be KoS. It's hazy. I would occasionally go into Freeport Bank and just crouch/squat in the doorway and just stay for a while. Idle animation of him scratching his butt then returning to the crouch. His name was Doorblocker.

My son is 6 and likes to play games like Roblox, and I see him doing similar things and just laughing like a hyena.

The Trash 80 I learned basic on!
I got banned from Radio Shack.

I used to go to the mall, frequently, and make a quick basic program that said "This computer sucks!" and have it wrap the text and repeat. I did that for about 3 or 4 years. I always made sure that all the people that worked there were busy before I did it. Unfortunately, an employee came back from lunch, saw what I was doing and caught me. They kept saying that they were going to arrest me, but in the end they just banned me.

It didn't keep me from continuing to do it though....

Funny - Tell me you’re and old gamer without saying you’re an old gamer.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back