• You've discovered RedGuides 📕 an EverQuest multi-boxing community 🛡️🧙🗡️. We want you to play several EQ characters at once, come join us and say hello! 👋
  • IS THIS SITE UGLY? Change the look. To dismiss this notice, click the X --->
Sic's Hotkeys

Guide - Sic's Hotkeys (1 Viewer)

Quick question about Alias. I followed and made the CWTN and CWTNA alias and they work great. My question is can I set up other alias to do other things or is their a limite on how many you can make?

Zeb
I don't *know* if there is an alias limit - but I have seen/tested over 300 (only because there was a big delay when viewing that many aliases)

so to answer your quest, yeah you can set up other aliases, i have a couple that i use regularly.

Will the "Target Clear" hotkey work well for encounters such as noqufiel? or is there a better option? I'll be attempting to box that encounter soon with a couple of friends and curious as to how others have been boxing it.

Will the "Target Clear" hotkey work well for encounters such as noqufiel? or is there a better option? I'll be attempting to box that encounter soon with a couple of friends and curious as to how others have been boxing it.
well the hotkey does what it says, it clears your target. if your automation is re-aquiring a target after that and doing stuff you want it to do, then it isn't going to do what you want. clearing your target also means if you get hit afterwards, you now have a target.

you can also just do this:
INI:
/bcga //target myself
which would instead have everyone target themselves and prevent them from getting a new target if they received dmg.

Not sure what is wrong. I made the Campoff Key using CWTN Alias and I keep getting this:

Screenshot (9)_LI.jpg

This is for the bard in the group that is using KA. The CWTN plugins work fine its just the KA characters that I get this message.

Note..... I think I have it fixed ... went back and looked at the hotkeys and changed the setup and this seems to work... (Must be the new drugs the VA sent me)

Last edited:
Not sure what is wrong. I made the Campoff Key using CWTN Alias and I keep getting this:

View attachment 33937

This is for the bard in the group that is using KA. The CWTN plugins work fine its just the KA characters that I get this message.

Note..... I think I have it fixed ... went back and looked at the hotkeys and changed the setup and this seems to work... (Must be the new drugs the VA sent me)
the returntocamp 0 is just a different way to do /camphere off in kissassist

If you want kissassist to be able to toggle on/off burns you can utilize the ${BurnAllNamed} Variable kiss has

/varset BurnAllNamed 0 to turn off burns in kissassist
/varset BurnAllNamed 1 to turn on burns in kissassist

if you are using burns in your dps routine (like my bard ini) you will want to append && ${BurnAllNamed} in each condition that is a burn condition

example: dps1=${Target.Named} && ${BurnAllNamed}

I've tried but i get the message "Varset fail, variable BurnAllNamed not found".
What did i do wrong ?

my hot button i made to turn all my plugins burn all named on and off at the same times isnt working not sure why ive tried to re enter alias's and all just not sure what to do

my hot button i made to turn all my plugins burn all named on and off at the same times isnt working not sure why ive tried to re enter alias's and all just not sure what to do
I'm guessing this is a cwtn plugin qusetion?

moved your question to my hotkey thread since you're looking for a cwtn question and an alias which is in my hotkey resource

> Sic's HotKeys <

Create the CWTN Aliases
You can make this alias to use eqbc to easily send your group to do the same command "/cwtn mode 0" would use eqbc to have everyone go mode 0, "/cwtna mode 0" would have everyone including yourself go mode 0 (CWTNA, A for all). This is "cleaner" and easier to read than using the "/noparse /bcg //docommand /${Me.Class.ShortName} blah" for every hotkey.

EQBC:
/alias /cwtn /noparse /bcg //docommand /${Me.Class.ShortName}
/alias /cwtna /noparse /bcga //docommand /${Me.Class.ShortName}

(i have r here for "raid" and ra for "raid all" despite being "anyone on eqbc not including me" and "anyone on eqbc"
/alias /cwtnr /noparse /bca //docommand /${Me.Class.ShortName}
/alias /cwtnra /noparse /bcaa //docommand /${Me.Class.ShortName}

Dannet variant:
/alias /cwtn /noparse /dgge /docommand /${Me.Class.ShortName}
/alias /cwtna /noparse /dgga /docommand /${Me.Class.ShortName}

if creating them for the first time:
(otherwise toons wouldn't have access to the alias until they relogged)

EQBC:
/noparse /bcaa //alias /cwtn /noparse /bcg //docommand /${Me.Class.ShortName}
/noparse /bcaa //alias /cwtna /noparse /bcga //docommand /${Me.Class.ShortName}

(i have r here for "raid" and ra for "raid all" despite being "anyone on eqbc not including me" and "anyone on eqbc"
/noparse /bcaa //alias /cwtnr /noparse /bca //docommand /${Me.Class.ShortName}
/noparse /bcaa //alias /cwtnra /noparse /bcaa //docommand /${Me.Class.ShortName}

Dannet variant:
/dgga /alias /cwtn /dgge /docommand /$\{Me.Class.ShortName}
/dgga /alias /cwtna /dgga /docommand /$\{Me.Class.ShortName}

These aliases allow me to just "/cwtna burnallnamed off" and have the entire group including me to turn burnallnamed off or "/cwtn mode 2" for everyone not me to go in mode 2

Is there a way to backup "Sic's Hotkeys - Hotkeys I use" for future reference , other than returning to this thread ?

this is good information but I do not want to lose it if needed again
if you're asking if i can deliver stone tablets to you in person, no.

otherwise i'm not sure what you are asking.

what do you mean "backup" my hotkeys? like if you want to copy paste them into a word document on your desktop or something, copy paste them into a word document on your desktop.

I'm not sure what else you could mean.

I do update and add stuff regularly - so your best bet would be to look at this thread.

if you're asking if i can deliver stone tablets to you in person, no.

otherwise i'm not sure what you are asking.

what do you mean "backup" my hotkeys? like if you want to copy paste them into a word document on your desktop or something, copy paste them into a word document on your desktop.

I'm not sure what else you could mean.

I do update and add stuff regularly - so your best bet would be to look at this thread.
Can we order stone tablets shipped? I could hang them on the wall. Might look cool next to my pc.

So, while trying to setup aliases, I messed up and now I get some weird overlap of the previous attempt and the current one when I use /cwtn or /cwtna alias.

Is there a way I can reset the aliases to start with a clean slate on those?

So, while trying to setup aliases, I messed up and now I get some weird overlap of the previous attempt and the current one when I use /cwtn or /cwtna alias.

Is there a way I can reset the aliases to start with a clean slate on those?
you can either delete the alias, or recreate it.

> HERE <

/alias aliasname delete

so /alias /cwtn delete would delete the alias /cwtn

> HERE <

/alias aliasname delete

if you are having trouble, i would suggest exiting the game, opening your macroquest.ini and manually entering the aliases from the > hotkey overview < that way you don't deal with any potential weirdness with trying to ensure they get correctly created for everyone online

> HERE <

/alias aliasname delete

if you are having trouble, i would suggest exiting the game, opening your macroquest.ini and manually entering the aliases from the > hotkey overview < that way you don't deal with any potential weirdness with trying to ensure they get correctly created for everyone online
Thanks! That worked and the weird overlap disappeared after re-logging.

Hot keys : I have watched the video a few times and copy the hotkeys ( main 4 or 5) you use. For whatever reason when I hit one Camp on etc , I get the notification that my bccmd is not connected. . thus I type bccmd connect and it shows connected. I am thinking this has to be part of the EQBc.
The other item which I am in the process of sorting is getting my enchanter to group invisi prior to following . Is there a way to write a bcg to /alt activate 1210 (perfected Invisi)as part of the follow command.

Hot keys : I have watched the video a few times and copy the hotkeys ( main 4 or 5) you use. For whatever reason when I hit one Camp on etc , I get the notification that my bccmd is not connected. . thus I type bccmd connect and it shows connected. I am thinking this has to be part of the EQBc.
The other item which I am in the process of sorting is getting my enchanter to group invisi prior to following . Is there a way to write a bcg to /alt activate 1210 (perfected Invisi)as part of the follow command.
well if you are getting an error about using eqbc because it isn't connected, then no amount of hotkeys are going to fix/work until you correct that.

make sure you only have 1 eqbc server running

make sure you follow the > eqbc instructions < to ensure you are connected and have your auto connect set

re: your invis - you could, but i suggest using a separate key for invising

** This was originally going to be a message directly to Sic, but I got to thinking, he gets a ton of messages and crowding his in box with a fucking book isn't super fair, so I decided to copy/past to a post. Also if there was an more appropriate location, I am sorry I missed it! for these specific plug ins, I just saw reviews, not discussions(PS I haven't used kiss in years, I use cwtn exclusively on my toons) **

Hey, quick question - Figured it'd be easier than a new thread. So I was looking at your HotKey tutorial (unfortunately I only had like 15 minutes at my home PC) So I went to set up the DanNet alias's and typed in the commands for cwtn and cwtna and got CWTN Alias added and CWTNA Alias added. Then I tested it in a group with my zerker. Just me and him and did /cwtn mode 2. My SK looked like he sent the command but on the Zerker it said it couldn't execute this command or couldn't do the /noparse.

I was under the assumption with Next came DanNet built in, I think I was wrong. So then I did the same commands I did to add the CWTN Alias and ended it with "0" and it said change made or whatever it says. Am I right in thinking that removed whatever it did when I first did the command.

/alias /cwtn /noparse /dgge /docommand /${Me.Class.ShortName}
/alias /cwtna /noparse /dgga /docommand /${Me.Class.ShortName}

Is what I originally did on my SK MT/MA/GL and then

/alias /cwtn /noparse /dgge /docommand /${Me.Class.ShortName} 0
/alias /cwtna /noparse /dgga /docommand /${Me.Class.ShortName} 0

Basically I was just trying to reverse whatever I may or may not have done, because A) it didn't work and B) I didn't have time to try and trouble shoot it.

So I looked at the launcher and saw EQBCS is checked for launch, which launches a windows style command prompt screen and doesn't do anything. However I think it goes when I log in and if I read right, that means that it doesn't actually connect the EQBCS until you've logged into the world?

Having said all that, ugh, (I am at work again so I can't check my account) Is the EQBCS built in now and just simpler to use? Everything I read from when DanNet becoming more of a thing was 2019. Is it still the better format to use or is EQBCS aging better and that's why it's in the launcher?

If it is, from reading your hotkey guide (unless I misunderstood it) all I have to do to make the Alias's work for EQBCS is the following:

/noparse /bcaa //alias /cwtn /noparse /bcg //docommand /${Me.Class.ShortName}
/noparse /bcaa //alias /cwtna /noparse /bcga //docommand /${Me.Class.ShortName}

And then from then on, I should be able to just do the cleaner /cwtn mode 0 (or whatever /cwtn command)?

This may seem like a, "omg you're fucking dumb" question, but the above ${Me.Class.ShortName}, is that suppose to stay general like that on every toon (like verbatim)? or is it literally telling what to type there like ${DietCoke52.Shadowknight.SHD} ?

Whew, ok, hopefully I don't have too many more questions.

If I am wrong, and DanNet is still the bee's knee's and I need to use it. I looked on the page and went to the down load button and saw tons of files. I didn't really understand how to actually implement it if I needed to do so. Is the a tutorial video I missed explaining this?

I am sorry I know I've been asking a ton of shit this week. However when watching Sic's video, I have to agree, group management is just as important as automation. If you're just tanking and spanking it's easy, but if you're doing anything with movement, event reactions, missions, shit like that, I'm really see how (once I actually do it right) having quick management hot keys for things would be great.

As for MQ2Events:

I was reading threads on separate events, one being Shei for example. There were plenty of people posting there events lines like:

local mq = require("mq")

while mq.TLO.Task('Shei Vinitras')()
do
if mq.TLO.SpawnCount("datiar xi tavuelim npc")() > 0 then
mq.cmd("/boxr Pause")

while mq.TLO.SpawnCount("datiar xi tavuelim npc")() > 0 do
mq.cmd("/tar datiar xi tavuelim npc")
mq.cmd('/cast "Addle"')
end

mq.cmd("/boxr Unpause")
end

mq.delay(10)
end

Where does that even go? I've never used Events or Lua, honestly not sure I understand Lua. Do I have to use both in conjunction to do events? I've watched most of Sics videos, and if it's explained there I may have just not understood or missed it.

If there is already somewhere, that explains this in very simple but very detailed terms of how to first, make sure they're made to load with or how to load them into the game (Events and Lua if those are what I need) and then If someone post there event triggers/code lines where in the world do I put those or copy and past them to?

Thanks in advance guys!

I know for some of you, this has gotta be like "How the fuck is he not getting this" and is just like being told hey, when you make a grill cheese you add cheese, and toast it with butter. For me, not so much, other subject matter outside of the computer world I can get rather easily, this just isn't one of them!

I would continue to use CWTN even without understanding the above, even the rudimentary way I use them, is worth what I pay. However, I would like starting to get use of more of their potential and make somethings much easier in the long run.

if you had a question about my hotkey guide, you should post in that thread. you definitely *created* me work with this, not saved me anything and no one bites =p

next does come with dannet. Make sure you have it loaded/plugin mq2dannet > RG New User Guide/video Including Dannet Specifically < follow the video and you'll be a golden goose.

yes, the info in the hotkeys stays verbatim as listed in the hotkeys to copy/use. ${Me.Class.ShortName} - the entire point of them it to have the literal thing here. so mq can then resolve it on a per toon basis.

if you are using dannet, you will want to set up the dannet aliases. the instructions are all there in the guide that you're looking at WITH examples of what your macroquest.ini would look like afterwards.

> Just follow the information on the page <

Here are snippets of information to look at from the link above

1644202808251.png

1644202794895.png

INI:
[Aliases]
/cwtn=/dgge /docommand /$\{Me.Class.ShortName}
/cwtna=/dgga /docommand /$\{Me.Class.ShortName}
/cwtnr=/dgre /docommand /$\{Me.Class.ShortName}
/cwtnra=/dgra /docommand /$\{Me.Class.ShortName}

or

INI:
[Aliases]
/cwtn=/noparse /dgge /docommand /${Me.Class.ShortName}
/cwtna=/noparse /dgga /docommand /${Me.Class.ShortName}
/cwtnr=/noparse /dgre /docommand /${Me.Class.ShortName}
/cwtnra=/noparse /dgra /docommand /${Me.Class.ShortName}

Noparse:
if you did /noparse /bcaa //bc ${Me.Name} everyone would say their name
if you did /bcaa //bc ${Me.Name} everyone would say your name

if you did /noparse /bcaa //bc ${Me.Class.ShortName} everyone would say their class shortname
if you did /bcaa //bc ${Me.Class.ShortName} everyone would say your class shortname

your Lua script is for a .Lua file that goes in your Lua folder that you run with /lua run name

The Lua simply needs to pasted into a .Lua file in your Lua folder within your mqnext directory.

Then you can just run it in game. /lua run luaname

For example, here's the Shei one you are talking about that I use.

Attachments

• Bard.lua
    361 bytes · Views: 13
> I was under the assumption with Next came DanNet built in, I think I was wrong.

it does. is the plugin loaded?
I was assuming it auto loaded, I didn't verify. Unfortunately today I didn't have much time to trouble shoot when I was home. I am currently at work again and while I have a work computer I can't use eq on it.

I will check it when I get home, I appreciate it :) *edit* I forgot my come to me was working, which is why I assumed DanNet was already operational. However the follow me didn't, so I guess that could have been a clue? Again, I'll double check that tomorrow.

The Lua simply needs
Thanks, I will check it out tomorrow hopefully.

if you had a question about my hotkey guide, you should post in that thread. you definitely *created* me work with this, not saved me anything and no one bites =p
My bad, I was here

And all I saw was the reviews below. I didn't realize there was a second page specific for discussion. Sometimes when I use the search bar with all the results I get mixed up. I think a part of the prob is I have a legit memory/processing disorder, lol. So reading and retention isn't great.

What I will do tomorrow is use what you've posted staying up and literally put the screens side by side trying to follow it verbatim so hopefully I will be squared away. To give you an example, earlier when I was doing this, I didn't realize in the settings tab on the launcher I changed where it was trying to find the .exe file apparently. Didn't realize I did that and had to figure out what I did, just to attempt to fix it. My fix was also an accident lol, seemed to be working by the time I had to get off the computer.

Any who, didn't mean to cause more issues! Thanks to you and everyone else's response. Hopefully if y'all are unlucky enough to get another person whose brain works like mine, they'll find my post and not need to ask :P However, if it works like mine, they probably won't find the damn post.

Last edited:
Question,

Utilizing EQBC is there a way to send a general command to all of CWTN Plugins aside from having to send an individual issued command i.e /bct Magician //mag RaidMode On? I guess what im asking is if there is a general command to send a setting to all Plugins to switch to the current universal settings? Thanks

Question,

Utilizing EQBC is there a way to send a general command to all of CWTN Plugins aside from having to send an individual issued command i.e /bct Magician //mag RaidMode On? I guess what im asking is if there is a general command to send a setting to all Plugins to switch to the current universal settings? Thanks
yes:

1653078203485.png

Makes everyone switch to CWTN mode 1 (Assist). Obviously edit for the CWTN field you are trying to change.

Question,

Howdy ka1980, yup sure is.

Please see >>> Getting Started with CWTN plugins! (Movement, UI Window, Clickies, Pulling, ETC) Check Here First! <<<

Please check that sticky and check out the hotkey resource

You will want to set up the aliases and then you can just /cwtn command option or /cwtna command option etc.

I'm Sorry. I really am.

I'm trying to mimic Sics Keys.

I have:

a) Logged everyone out.

b) opened up my macroquest ini (my windows search bar shows 3) and have located my [Aliases] Field (It contains large amounts of text) and entered the text at the bottom of the file:
1654024883524.png

then at the top of the file (also included the Dannet ones just incase...)

1654029804705.png

Saved the file and reloaded my character, the Berserker. Pressed my 'Chase on' button:
1654030176251.png

and am receiving the following:

1654029998515.png
1654030202286.png

The camp here button:
1654030261424.png

seems to work although I havent initiated any combat.

Could anyone please help?

Thank you

Attachments

• 1654029868467.png
    1654029868467.png
    27.3 KB · Views: 5
Guide - Sic's Hotkeys

Users who are viewing this thread

Back