• You've discovered RedGuides 📕 an EverQuest multi-boxing community 🛡️🧙🗡️. We want you to play several EQ characters at once, come join us and say hello! 👋
  • IS THIS SITE UGLY? Change the look. To dismiss this notice, click the X --->

Contest New Years on RedGuides! (1 Viewer)

Redbot

🖥️💖
RedCents
88,102¢
Pronouns
He/Him
I have a more elaborate contest coming up in January, but let's do a quick little Krono contest for New Years :D

TO ENTER THE NEW YEARS CONTEST, PLEASE TELL US:

What's the most satisfying quest you've completed?

Prize List:
  • FIVE KRONO for one lucky winner.
  • THREE KRONO for one lucky winner.
  • TWO KRONO for one lucky winner.
  • MQ2EQWire one year subscription, paid by Redbot
  • MQ2SlotColors one year subscription, paid by Redbot
  • 3 Month Level 2 subscription to RedGuides
Rules:
No purchase necessary. No more entries after January 1st, 11:59 PM PST.
Drawing will be held in-game on the Vox server, by use of /random. Time & location of the /random will be posted after contest ends, you are welcome to attend.
One reply only, please. Multiple replies (and therefore multiple entries) are allowed so long as you are carrying on a normal on-topic conversation.
Shipping of physical items is to USA only, an alternate prize will be selected if we can't get it to you.
Posting with multiple accounts, or screwing with the contest will lead to certain doom.

By the way, check out our FB page:
https://www.facebook.com/RedGuides

Greater Answerer: Call of the Forsaken Expansion.

This took a while to complete due to Tower of RoT being 4 floors up and 4 floors down. Rewards was well worth it! Instant clicky! Agro!
One of the more rewarding quest! Mq2nav and Eqmule new hot buttons made it relatively easy.

dyJC4UU.png

To me the most satisfying quest I completed was doing the whole bard 2.0 line in era when I didn't box. I still like questing but in era the quest felt epic.

as a Phinigel player, being able to go back and hit some of these quests while they are "in era" has been a ton of fun. Particularly the Face Aug from Secrets of Faydwer was challenging and rewarding, and I really enjoyed all of the questing in SoF which is the introduction of a bunch of "new" content that I've never seen and am excited to see what the future holds for EQ. I would say a close second up was the entire warrior epic line from the 1.0 to the 2.5.

Satisfying, hmm. Well the longest was for my Monk epic back in the day, no MQ2 back then (at least for me). The 4 day camp for raster was awful, but satisfying once I got him to pop. Also the coldan ring was a long one, but insta clicky back then was needed for some of those debuf dragons.

Bard 1.0 was the most satisfying quest I had ever done. I didn't even need to do it as I'd done the 1.5 prequest to get the 1.5 and 2.0. Spent a lot of time camping the drops and there's nothing quite like being bored to tears and no one around to chat with and they suddenly having the mob spawn and getting the jolt of adrenaline that came with it.
A close second was when I did my wizards 1.5 and 2.0 and got everything except the orb from Anguish solo. The orb was fun because I caught an invite to join a group going into Anguish that needed enough people to get the task and they were way ahead by the time I got there so I was pretty much burning my way through the trash they'd skipped to make it to the orb drop

Mage 1.0 was simultaneously the most satisfying and the most frustrating. Fun fact — quillmane was the single reason I looked for ways to gain an advantage in EQ. I actually didn’t finish the quest while the epic pet would be OP ... it took me so damn long to find a crown from plane of sky and the quillmane cloak MQ that I leveled from 54 to around 70 before I actually finished the quest.

The cleric 1.0 was the most satisfying for me. It was the first one I ever did (granted the only other one was the war epic 1.0) but it was by far the most involved and time consuming quest I'd every undertaken in EQ. I did it about 9 years ago, and I worked my way through it end to end. It was satisfying because of the result and the coordination I needed to do all of the sub-parts and then got some help for the final raid kill from my guild of very casual family players. We were in no way a raid guild, but I was able to get everyone together and get that epic for my character. That spurred off a run on other epics for others in the guild, and we had a lot of fun helping each other out for the year or so after that until we got most of the main characters their 1.0's at least. that was very satisfying for me as a start point.

-All done with manual 3 boxing my normal toons too. I knew nothing of MQ back then other than horror stories.

back in 2000 something when after a year and 3 months from starting my ranger epics, to finally getting the gem in hate so i could do the final turnin to have the dual set, what an achievement, was in a small casual guild that did some raiding once in a while, but often lacked the man power and or skill to do raids, so it was a big thing for us to do it.

Recently i must admit i was very proud when i was done with all progression in eok and finally had my rhino mounts.

Mine was also the Mage 1.0 back in 2000/2001 ish. Spent so many hours as a solo/non-boxer on that quest. Still one of my most prized possessions. Also, this was done on the Tallon Zek server, so ya... Died a few times to that as well, hah.

Finishing Cacti after trying for over a month to beat it...
Note: I got drunk one night thanks to the discord guys I tried to update my well oiled INI files to Kiss11... fucked it ALL up.. and since I was whiskeyed up... I didn't make backups.... good times.

Am I disqualified if I answer two? Because the coldain quests in era were some of my favorite quests. Learning all the tricks to solo all the way through the 8th ring was super fun. But I felt more rewarded when I finally finished my coldain prayer shawl.

Am I disqualified if I answer two? Because the coldain quests in era were some of my favorite quests. Learning all the tricks to solo all the way through the 8th ring was super fun. But I felt more rewarded when I finally finished my coldain prayer shawl.
so long as it's on topic, reply all you want!

I am most proud of the only Ranger pet in game from Timmi Fell Down the Well - The Dog Whistle. Man when I got that I strutted around in groups fighting and calling forth my "pet"! Close second is the Direwolf Totem of Battle - another nice dog but he is a familiar. Hmm maybe I should have been a shaman?

Crown of Deceit! Hands down my all time fav because it was back in the day when that expansion was fresh and the lower end of Old Seb was sooooo nasty! I remember stumbling down to the locked door only to find 2 Havenlight girls killing stuff, Taramina and Tarante! One was a cleric and the other a shammy. It was odd to see that combo down there as those mobs were hitting on a scale of the trash in TBL now back then. Cleric tanking...pffft! They helped me get my Reet Froglok Crown and we became good friends.

Last edited:
finishing the eyepatch of plunder during late velious was a proud moment for me. the need for constant vigilance while waiting for stormfeather to spawn when you didn't have his exact spawn time made every minute tense but the payoff was worth it.

Enchanter epic on project1999 was truly epic. Had to watch for Verina Tomb spawn for a few weeks. Got super lucky and she spawned while we were doing some farming at the efreeti camp. We were able to high tail it out of there and make it Neriak in time to claim and kill her. Vessel in Cabalis was one hell of a time too. Fun charm kill duo with a cleric. Some of the nameds were not necessarily camped by others but still required some time to spawn yourself. It was really interesting getting taken to some of the lesser traveled zones (Dalnir!) to camp named mobs. Having to tie it all up with a drop from a somewhat competed for raid mob in PoF really made that a challenging experience, but so satisfying to finish. They are called Epics for a reason!

I have a more elaborate contest coming up in January, but let's do a quick little Krono contest for New Years :D

TO ENTER THE NEW YEARS CONTEST, PLEASE TELL US:

What's the most satisfying quest you've completed?

Prize List:
  • FIVE KRONO for one lucky winner.
  • THREE KRONO for one lucky winner.
  • TWO KRONO for one lucky winner.
  • MQ2EQWire one year subscription, paid by Redbot
  • MQ2SlotColors one year subscription, paid by Redbot
  • 3 Month Level 2 subscription to RedGuides
Rules:
No purchase necessary. No more entries after January 1st, 11:59 PM PST.
Drawing will be held in-game on the Vox server, by use of /random. Time & location of the /random will be posted after contest ends, you are welcome to attend.
One reply only, please. Multiple replies (and therefore multiple entries) are allowed so long as you are carrying on a normal on-topic conversation.
Shipping of physical items is to USA only, an alternate prize will be selected if we can't get it to you.
Posting with multiple accounts, or screwing with the contest will lead to certain doom.

By the way, check out our FB page:
https://www.facebook.com/RedGuides

Shaman Epic was mine, woulk dhave been the Monk epic, but still haven't gotten a piece I need for it lol, been working on it 2 weeks now!

Using Kiss and Mq2 to 6-box BURN the Cactus mission in Ring of Scale - Overthere. It helped me learn my classes better and how to optimize their abilities for tanking, healing, and dps! There were many iterations of wipe, tweak, repeat!

COTF - Hero of Tower of Rot - The Fall of Lord Bayle.. The hardest damn mission i ever did.. and boxing it was so hard. To FINALLY be able to beat this boxing my 6 crew.. and it was MQ that made it possible!

Ohhhh... I forgot about missions...

End of Empire. The skyfire progression mission in RoS.

I must have tried that mission 20 times before I FINALLY beat it. And when that happened I jumped up and screamed, scared my dog and wife, and then never went back.

I enjoyed this contest! It made me think back on all of the quests I’ve completed over the years. Obviously the first few epics I completed were very satisfying. Especially on my rogue.

Although I would have to say the most satisfying quest I completed in era would of been the Vex Thal key. It was difficult at the time considering the lack of information available and difficulty of the mobs. Little did I know how much VT clears would suck. I told myself I would never do that quest again. I failed though and gave in on one of the progression severs. It still sucked all these years later!

Good times.

I was the first non iksar to complete the greenmist quest on Sullon Zek. Was a dark elf so had to get the faction and it was a pain in the ass back then but after I got it it was awesome in pvp.

Completing the whole progression quest line in SoD was so very satisfying for me because I boxed the whole thing with a monk and a shaman and didn't use MQ back then. I was young and dumb.

Back in the day, epics were the epitome of quests...these new ones are mostly just annoying tasks.

Mage 1.0 in 2000, SK 1.0 in 2001, and 3 boxing Lord Bayle in 2016 were pretty satisfying.

The most satisfying was the Efreeti Death Visage and the mini quests involved.

My wizard epic 1.0. It was not really that difficult of a quest except I wasn't in the dominate guild on my server at the time so getting a couple of pieces was a pain in the ass.

Contest New Years on RedGuides!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back