• You've discovered RedGuides 📕 an EverQuest multi-boxing community 🛡️🧙🗡️. We want you to play several EQ characters at once, come join us and say hello! 👋
  • IS THIS SITE UGLY? Change the look. To dismiss this notice, click the X --->
  • Unfortunately, yes, there is a suspension wave happening around the new tlp launch. :'( Please keep regular discussion to Suspension MegaThread and please consider submitting a Suspension report to RG.

Discussion - New Player looking for advise on "startup / basics" (1 Viewer)

vapenaysh

RedCents
70¢
Hey Everyone!

I recently got in to EQ Live FTP, only ever played classic/99/TLP's in the past so it is a whole new world when it comes to Live + Boxing... some of it is a bit overwhelming but I am getting through it. I have made my first team WAR/BRD/SHM, and I know everyone says just go with a 6 box but honestly there was enough to learn just doing 3 that I am glad I went with 3 + 3 mercs. If/When I get to the point that I need more ill just wipe it all out and start fresh with a 6 box. My setup is as simple as I think I could make it, using VV + Kissassist for all 3, and then manually pausing it on my War driver most of the time and pausing the other 2 during times like picking up quests just to make sure they all stay in sync if that makes sense.

On to my main question, and a couple others:

1. What is like... the startup procedure? I currently have Autogroup/Autoaccept setup for the three of them + merc and that is working fine, but do I need to issue a "/dgge /mac kissassist assist $wartoonname" every time I log in or is there something I am missing that I can just have them startup like that? Can I add that to the [StartCommand] in AutoGroup.ini as just "/mac kissassist assist $wartoonname" for each additional toon other than the driver? Using that same train of thought, should I have a button on my war driver who can quickly pause kissassist across all toons and for self only as well (IE: 4 buttons in total, 2 to start/pause my driver and 2 to start/pause my other toons?) To add to this, should my pause / unpause be "/mac kissassist pause" and then "/mac kissassist assist $wartoonname" or should it just be "/mqp on" and "/mqp off"?

2. Setting a "camp" seems to act funny, and I am not sure if that is because I am doing something wrong or if I don't understand it exactly. I currently have 3 buttons for this, "Make Camp" that just issues "/dgge /makecamphere" to everyone, "Camp ON" that issues "/dgge /camphere on" to everyone, and "Camp OFF" that issues "/dgge /returntocamp 0" to everyone. What I have been (trying) to do is use the Make Camp to tell everyone where camp is, then Camp On to make then start using the camp, and Camp Off to tell them to stop using the camp and then ill hit Follow Me... does this all make sense? I am finding one or both of my non drivers will often just keep following me, or will follow and then leash back, or some combination. Should I be issuing other commands in these camp on/off macros? I have also noticed in the log I am getting cant parse errors when issuing the /camphere on often times so this leads me to think I have made a mistake.

3. I have seen in some videos where people use /chase [on|off] | [charname], but a lot of the videos I have seen have a mix of CWTN Class plugins/Kissassist/Mule/etc and I am not sure if it is needed? Is "chase" the same as follow me, or am I missing something?

4. Is MQ2Melee required when using Kissassist? Again I have seen videos (I think from Sic?) saying they disabled MQ2Melee and it would most likely be disabled by default in the future, but I found it was on for me. Should I have this disabled when using Kissassist or do they work together?

Thanks so much for any help that anyone can provide!

Last edited:
Welcome to RG

Getting Started / Returning user

Welcome to RedGuides, fellow EQ multi-boxing enthusiast!

The best place to begin is our "New User Guide" video series, click this TV to watch:

This step-by-step series will teach absolute beginners how to control 6 characters at once while highlighting Nav, AutoLogin, and DanNet, which are fundamental plugins that will enhance every aspect of your game.

Returning users check out - MacroQuest Release Party: https://www.redguides.com/community/threads/macroquest-release-party.80628/ for information about changes from the legacy MQ2 to the new and awesome MQ

Make sure you do the basics first. Things like ensuring Dannet working is imperative for team management.

I have lots of vids in my signature too

Hiya Vapenaysh and welcome to live!

1. What is like... the startup procedure? I currently have Autogroup/Autoaccept setup for the three of them + merc and that is working fine, but do I need to issue a "/dgge /mac kissassist assist $wartoonname" every time I log in or is there something I am missing that I can just have them startup like that? Can I add that to the [StartCommand] in AutoGroup.ini as just "/mac kissassist assist $wartoonname" for each additional toon other than the driver? Using that same train of thought, should I have a button on my war driver who can quickly pause kissassist across all toons and for self only as well (IE: 4 buttons in total, 2 to start/pause my driver and 2 to start/pause my other toons?) To add to this, should my pause / unpause be "/mac kissassist pause" and then "/mac kissassist assist $wartoonname" or should it just be "/mqp on" and "/mqp off"?
For this, I use hotkeys. I prefer not to have KA setup to auto engage as I do not always do it the moment I login. I create a hot button from my main to send a /dex to the toon I want to activate KA on with the appropriate KA command.

As for pausing, /mpq on/off works fine. you can /dgga mqp on for all including self or /dgge for all toons in group except yourself. I would have a pause and unpause hotkey but there is no need to start KA again to unpause

1691860271551.png

2. Setting a "camp" seems to act funny, and I am not sure if that is because I am doing something wrong or if I don't understand it exactly. I currently have 3 buttons for this, "Make Camp" that just issues "/dgge /makecamphere" to everyone, "Camp ON" that issues "/dgge /camphere on" to everyone, and "Camp OFF" that issues "/dgge /returntocamp 0" to everyone. What I have been (trying) to do is use the Make Camp to tell everyone where camp is, then Camp On to make then start using the camp, and Camp Off to tell them to stop using the camp and then ill hit Follow Me... does this all make sense? I am finding one or both of my non drivers will often just keep following me, or will follow and then leash back, or some combination. Should I be issuing other commands in these camp on/off macros? I have also noticed in the log I am getting cant parse errors when issuing the /camphere on often times so this leads me to think I have made a mistake.
The KA commands page may help you here along with taking a peek at Sic's hotkey page. It appears you have a an extra step/command or two in there. The /campehere on should reset camp loc and /chase on would have them start following you again and abandon camp. I honestly do not use the follow me button due to it making toons run oddly at times. Make a couple of hotkeys and test it in a low level/non-populated zone.

1691859871733.png

4. Is MQ2Melee required when using Kissassist? Again I have seen videos (I think from Sic?) saying they disabled MQ2Melee and it would most likely be disabled by default in the future, but I found it was on for me. Should I have this disabled when using Kissassist or do they work together?
You will want to turn this off in the ini IMO
1691860149708.png

Attachments

• 1691859795975.png
    1691859795975.png
    45 KB · Views: 0
  • 1691859865265.png
    1691859865265.png
    31.2 KB · Views: 0
Can't go wrong with Sic's Vids.

I strongly advise using MQ2Boxr to issue common commands for camping, chasing, etc. These will work for KA toons, and will help when you grow your team.

The command to set a camp with MQ2Boxr is /boxr camp (or /dgge /boxr camp). I suggest the following for setting a camp for your team. This command can be issued by any member, and sets them all to camp at current location then turns off return to camp for the MA only (my MA is my driver/puller):
/noparse /dgga /multiline ; /boxr camp; /timed 2 /if (${Group.MainAssist.ID}==${Me.ID}) /returntocamp 0

3. I have seen in some videos where people use /chase [on|off] | [charname], but a lot of the videos I have seen have a mix of CWTN Class plugins/Kissassist/Mule/etc and I am not sure if it is needed? Is "chase" the same as follow me, or am I missing something?
The MQ2Boxr command to chase the MA is /boxr chase.

As for follow behavior - basically, use it sparingly. The preferred way to have a group follow you is to have them in Chase mode. Using follow can cause strange behavior if the toons are not paused. They will ping pong around as they try to comply with two conflicting sets of orders.

As a final plug, you can try out Grouper below. I use it with a CWTN driver, but I have used it with a Warrior running KA as driver in the past and I believe it works OK.

Thanks everyone for the help / advise! I feel like I have watched 100 hours of Sic videos in the last couple days lol, but there is always more to watch. I think the majority of my confusion stemmed honestly from watching too many videos, and confusing different commands to do the same thing depending on plugins used.

I have a couple hotkeys to make, a couple to adjust, and ill keep it going :). Thanks again.

Thanks everyone for the help / advise! I feel like I have watched 100 hours of Sic videos in the last couple days lol, but there is always more to watch. I think the majority of my confusion stemmed honestly from watching too many videos, and confusing different commands to do the same thing depending on plugins used.

I have a couple hotkeys to make, a couple to adjust, and ill keep it going :). Thanks again.
You are doing it the right way! =)

Discussion - New Player looking for advise on "startup / basics"

Users who are viewing this thread

Back