• You've discovered RedGuides 📕 an EverQuest multi-boxing community 🛡️🧙🗡️. We want you to play several EQ characters at once, come join us and say hello! 👋
  • IS THIS SITE UGLY? Change the look. To dismiss this notice, click the X --->

Problem - My Mage account keeps crashing (1 Viewer)

RedCents
246¢
Hello, my mage keeps crashing more than just every so often. My mage account is the only account crashing, I am running 6 account on my gaming laptop, as I have always done that, none have ever crashed this much until the last month or two and it has just been the mage account. Any clue what the problem is?

Hello, my mage keeps crashing more than just every so often. My mage account is the only account crashing, I am running 6 account on my gaming laptop, as I have always done that, none have ever crashed this much until the last month or two and it has just been the mage account. Any clue what the problem is?
Crash dialog id. Would need that to really even start.

help us ... help you
Tom Cruise Help GIF by MOODMAN

default ui? what plugins/ macros are you using? does it happen when you zone or just randomly?
information is really helpful to help us ... help you
Yes default UI. The plugin is Mq2mage. It does happen randomly, sometimes when I zone with her, only macro I'm using is KA for my bard, I'm using Mq2eskay, Mq2cleric, Mq2mage, Mq2shaman, and Mq2bst, but like I said it only crashes with my mage.

Yes default UI. The plugin is Mq2mage. It does happen randomly, sometimes when I zone with her, only macro I'm using is KA for my bard, I'm using Mq2eskay, Mq2cleric, Mq2mage, Mq2shaman, and Mq2bst, but like I said it only crashes with my mage.
Haven't seen any mage crashes come through. Doesn't mean it is (or isn't) mq2mage crashing, there are lots of things it could be. One of the biggest culprits is just plain and simple EQ and DirectX. Being able to look at the crash ID and narrowing it down is going to significantly improve the throwing a dart at a dart board and hoping to hit something likelihood of finding what is causing

Where would I find the ID at?
The crash box you should get when you crash has a crash dialog id

Haven't seen any mage crashes come through. Doesn't mean it is (or isn't) mq2mage crashing, there are lots of things it could be. One of the biggest culprits is just plain and simple EQ and DirectX. Being able to look at the crash ID and narrowing it down is going to significantly improve the throwing a dart at a dart board and hoping to hit something likelihood of finding what is causing

The crash box you should get when you crash has a crash dialog id
This time it was the cleric, but that's a first.

Attachments

• 20230821_002737.jpg
    20230821_002737.jpg
    1.5 MB · Views: 7
  • 20230821_002658~2.jpg
    20230821_002658~2.jpg
    2.1 MB · Views: 7
the RG forums can be accessed by anyone willing to earn red-cents or simply pay for level 2. 99% of the rg users are great ... its the 1% that isnt you need to worry about ... a lot can be done with your toons name.

Trying to read a blurry image from a blurry screensnip to try and decipher the id when you could just control+c and then paste it
Hmm, they aren't blurry to me, but anyways I just learned something new, here is the info you asked for:

---------------------------
EverQuest Crash Detected
MacroQuest caught a crash:
Version: 3.1.0.1544
Location: C:\Users\Public\Daybreak Game Company\Installed Games\EverQuest\eqgame.exe+00000000002EBCA8

CrashID: bda4cefa-e5d1-482d-aead-0377940b7f77

You can either:
* [RETRY] Continue execution and hope for the best.
* [CANCEL] Write a crash dump and terminate EverQuest.

Retry Cancel

unfortunately, there is a limit to the number of crash reports a single person can submit in a period of time, and so after enough reports they start being throttled. This one got throttled as it wasn't sent to us.

the RG forums can be accessed by anyone willing to earn red-cents or simply pay for level 2. 99% of the rg users are great ... its the 1% that isnt you need to worry about ... a lot can be done with your toons name.
This and, results from these forums come up in google searches as well. If DBG starts trolling google, and they find your toon name attached to these forums....possible account danger may follow.

I have the same problem with the Mage account. And when the Mage isn't online it's the Pally. Both using plugins of course only when full 6 boxing with a bunch of stuff running. As for the dialogue I forget that not by choice shortly after it appears.

This and, results from these forums come up in google searches as well. If DBG starts trolling google, and they find your toon name attached to these forums....possible account danger may follow.
I did not think of that, a lot of the time, my blonde shines through. Good point.

unfortunately, there is a limit to the number of crash reports a single person can submit in a period of time, and so after enough reports they start being throttled. This one got throttled as it wasn't sent to us.
Any clue what it means?

I mentioned this in another thread weeks ago. I just didn't have the pictures of the crash. I was told it sounded like an ISP problem. But I pay for 2 gb access I have a mess system. that didn't make any sense.

Problem - My Mage account keeps crashing

Users who are viewing this thread

Back