• You've discovered RedGuides 📕 an EverQuest multi-boxing community 🛡️🧙🗡️. We want you to play several EQ characters at once, come join us and say hello! 👋
  • IS THIS SITE UGLY? Change the look. To dismiss this notice, click the X --->
MQ2Rez

Plugin - MQ2Rez (1 Viewer)

I am confused here. What exactly was fixed? If I let the timer run out. I do not return to bind and end up with 2 corpses still in plane of war.

Before, if you get rezzed, you do not return to your body....instead you get sent to the mines of narikor just as if you let timer run out. You required 2 rezzes to get back to your body.

The mechanic for plane of war is, if you die in first part of zone, your selection box should be resurrect at top, and bind point on bottom. However, if you are closer to the field of strife or anywhere in the field of strife or castle, the second choice is not your bind but narikor as the second choice. If you're not flagged, you are getting deathtouched if you spawn in there.

Can we get these changes added to RG's version of mq2rez?

I got rez'd to my body but if I time out I still get 2 corpses.

This just fixes the the rez to body not the time out.

Maskoi,

Maybe I'm making you confused.

This is what is happening in this zone. When you die, you have 2 choices.......resurrect like normal or resurrect in narikor (the mines). If someone rezzes you using the regular mq2rez plugin, it chooses the 2nd option which is to resurrect in mines. This is also the default behavior if you wait for timeout (instead of going to bind). So, you get a rez, but the original plugin decides to dump you in the mines away from your party. You need a 2nd rez to actually return to corpse which complicates things because if you don't rez within about 3 minutes, your corpse ALSO goes to the mines, leaving you stuck in there and needing to be coth'd back.

There's nothing that can be done about the options since it's the behavior of the zone but at least with jimbob's changes, you only need 1 rez to get back to your corpse instead of hoping you get 2 rezzes in time before your corpse is stuck in the mines with you.

I play a lot in war farming so this is a huge quality of life improvement for me. I'm not sure it affects that many other people but those we experienced this....I'm sure they would appreciate adding it to the plugin. It really sucks to have to rez twice just to get a normal rez.

Is there a way to add a second or 2 delay on accepting the rez? One of the easiest indicators for people on TLPs is how quickly they accept a rez, especially if they already know you're boxing.

Not a big deal, just a suggestion, as I'm all about making everything look more human. :)

It would not be too difficult to add a rez delay.

- - - Updated - - -

I added it using the windows high-resolution timer... I will test it, then post the source code here, and the MQ2 forum.

- - - Updated - - -

Using the high-resolution timer might be overkill, since I set the delay to be in seconds, but oh well.

Is there a way to add a second or 2 delay on accepting the rez? One of the easiest indicators for people on TLPs is how quickly they accept a rez, especially if they already know you're boxing.

Not a big deal, just a suggestion, as I'm all about making everything look more human. :)
This is so true. If you know what to look for, it's blatantly obvious...

Oh, nice. It's patch day, so I can't test it yet... :(

- - - Updated - - -

Back to back patches. I will test my rez timer change tomorrow. If it works as intended, I will release the source code.

It seems to be working... anyone else want to test? I compiled it with the 9/25 MQ2 source release.

- - - Updated - - -

I tested it before releasing this time... :) In order to use, load the plugin, and:
Rich (BB code):
/rez delay #
This will wait # seconds before accepting a rez. I tested it with my cleric and a 15 second delay.
I updated the /rez help command, so that it provides information about the new /rez delay # command. The setting in the .ini file is RezDelay=#.

Attachments

• MQ2Rez.cpp
    18 KB · Views: 5
  • MQ2Rez.dll
    410.5 KB · Views: 4
The default is 0 (no delay/immediate rez). It can be changed easily if you'd prefer something different.

0 would good. Kiss battles rezzes the tank. Everyone is dead in 5 secs while waiting for the tank to accept.

Could you add these changes to the official compile (if you haven't already)?

sorry man, I agree you have done a great job on this one, but you will need to request this 51 more times to have it added.. lmao I crack myself up!

I know, never poke the lizard but I just had to! <3 ya Maskoi

I might get around to it next compile.
From the heart man, You are awesome and you are a huge reason any of this shit is even here! Thanks for all you do and thanks for still having a sense of humor while doing it...!

Yeah, I figured I'd ask once, wait a couple compiles, then ask 51 more times if it wasn't there yet. :) If there are any other requests before he adds it to the official compile, now's the time to ask... I think this plugin is fairly complete though.

I lied. Your version is too old and messed up to incorporate the changes into our leet and sexy version.

It's the latest version on the MQ2 website... I had to start with something. Anyway, I can add it to your version if you like, or if you want, you can implement it however you see fit.

Lol, I remember the good ole days when people actually shared source. The one and only time I forked over a money for a subscriptions was when redguides had the source for mq2zone and I wanted to get into Vex Thal without a key. Then I saw all the extra sharing and fun how to guides and contributed and the rest is history. Its sad that not many share the source for plugins anymore. I get it though redguides is still in competition with mmo bugs and neither site will share each others advancements out of fear the other will take it, or worse someone else might open up a new site with a compile. The only way to open it all back up would be to streamline mq2's main site and start its own github where people could branch and update the source directly for each plugin. Would be pretty cool, but then again its just so darn easy to just click download and run the RG compile lol.

MacroQuest2 no longer has the community it did. I have spent 5 years to bring that community back and to concentrate it here at Redguides. Posting our source all over would only dilute that effort. All of you and us at RG have built a new active MQ2 Community. I don't think it could survive outside of Redguides. Over the last 5 years we have spent thousands of dollars on our plugins. That is why we keep most things closed source and only for our members. Your subs and participation over the last 5 years have paid and contributed to these updates and changes.

MMOHugs is dead. They are a bunch of trolls that no longer play Everquest and only login to shit on anyone asking questions or to trying to build or create something.

Macroquest2.com is dead. It has a few dedicated people left, like me, that try and help when we can and support specific projects. I share by keeping MQ2Melee, bazaar.mac ninjadvloot.inc, shambot.mac updated on MQ2 dot com.

We all have made a great community.
Where you can ask questions and 10 people will help you.
Where people contribute new macros and plugins.
Where you can login and just grab the compile to play Everquest.
Where you can build code and get feedback to improve your project.
Where you can learn to write your own macros.
Where you can geek out on EQ as much as you want.

I will do whatever I can to improve and build the community we have made here at Redguides.

MacroQuest2 no longer has the community it did. I have spent 5 years to bring that community back and to concentrate it here at Redguides. Posting our source all over would only dilute that effort. All of you and us at RG have built a new active MQ2 Community. I don't think it could survive outside of Redguides. Over the last 5 years we have spent thousands of dollars on our plugins. That is why we keep most things closed source and only for our members. Your subs and participation over the last 5 years have paid and contributed to these updates and changes.

MMOHugs is dead. They are a bunch of trolls that no longer play Everquest and only login to shit on anyone asking questions or to trying to build or create something.

Macroquest2.com is dead. It has a few dedicated people left, like me, that try and help when we can and support specific projects. I share by keeping MQ2Melee, bazaar.mac ninjadvloot.inc, shambot.mac updated on MQ2 dot com.

We all have made a great community.
Where you can ask questions and 10 people will help you.
Where people contribute new macros and plugins.
Where you can login and just grab the compile to play Everquest.
Where you can build code and get feedback to improve your project.
Where you can learn to write your own macros.
Where you can geek out on EQ as much as you want.

I will do whatever I can to improve and build the community we have made here at Redguides.

I'm not saying redguides isn't a great community, I have always loved it. I'm just a bit sad that it would be hard for someone to go download the official mq2 compile find all the plugins and actually play with macroquest the way it was meant to be in the beginning. Hell just the other day I loaded up my compiler and it took me forever to track down all the changes to the plugins (mq2cast / mq2moveutils / etc...). Even after spending the time I was still grabbing DLLs from Redguides compile because I just couldn't find the source anymore. Redguides over the years has been getting more and more closed source which I'm obviously not a fan of.

It wasn't too long ago that redguides would release the compile with another zip containing all the source. Ahhh the good ole days. I might create a base compile on github with mq2cast mq2moveutils and various other basic plugins just so everyone can still see the source and compile if they want. Obviously source for redguides plugins wouldn't be there since I don't have it, but I just would like to see what changes people make to things like mq2cast and other plugins that have limped along all these years and hasn't seen much love.

What do you all think?

I will release our Compile base source code minus our Closed source plugins like mq2posse, etc. when I get home. I just ask that you respect our wishes on base plugins like MQ2rez. Keep the source for personal use and don't post them outside of Redguides.

I will release our Compile base source code minus our Closed source plugins like mq2posse, etc. when I get home. I just ask that you respect our wishes on base plugins like MQ2rez. Keep the source for personal use and don't post them outside of Redguides.

Thanks Maskoi, would it be alright to put on a github or something like it so we collaborate? I think we can make it private. I just want a spot were we can keep a global base source compile. So when someone makes a change to a plugin it would reflect it on my source and vice versa. That way we can fix up some plugins and have everyone benefit from it. I just hate re-inventing the wheel and fixing plugins that has already been fixed by someone or been improved.

It would be cool if Redguides level access and/or groups could be used to control access to git/svn/cvs. Then you could allow level2 read access to the base set of plugins, and allow specific groups to contribute to certain plugins, etc... You could theoretically get as granular as you wanted. I am not sure if it's possible with vBulletin and version control systems, but it might be... :)

I like the thought Jim but really I don't think its that necessary. Maskoi and Redbot know who contributes to plugins so granting those people rights to it shouldn't be an issue. At one point there was a level 3 for compiling, I just like the idea of a git because that way it will auto-update all my code without having to re-downloading a zip somewhere. Pretty much everyone that contributes gets free redguides anyhow, so I don't think its a monetary issue. Its more a problem of it being too public and people grabing the code and fragmenting the redguides community is I think the main fear. That will never happen as Maskoi already pointed out that our community is so small these days that I doubt you would ever get anyone to leave here.

This is more about making a safe spot to collaborate and have a good base source so we can fix up plugins (like mq2rez) and share with other members of our community. My only worry about opening it up to everyone and their cat and dog is some jackass will come in and do stupid shit to the code.

Commits would have to be moderated and discussed. We are not going to let any jackass just make random changes.

Good discussion gent's!

Jim,Winnower,Ctaylor,Demonstar,Treehugger, and the rest of the active programmers should have a "summit", prioritize the plugin's/macros they are going to work on. With the technical major changes coming to EQ by the end of the year only some focus and team work will keep MQ2 alive. I know there has been challenges in the past and they always got resolved, but some of the new ones coming will be extra challenging and will need team work!

I'm going to toss my compile up on github sometime next week and tinker around a bit to see if this would be a good median to use. Does anyone have a preference? I'd like to keep this open and welcome the official MQ2 site to grab some more collaborators for the basic plugins. The source from my compile is stupid old, with some plugins out of date since I don't use them, but I think it would be a good starting point for everyone. That way we aren't infringing on the work redguides has done over the years and everyone can contribute to it. It also gives Maskoi/Redbot the ability to choose what to contribute instead of just forking over a huge amount of code to the general public. I think this would probably be the best overall way to maximize the sharing and standardize plugins that everyone is using across the entire MQ2 community.

Modifications to Official MQ2 Source
---------------------------------------
-MQ2Auth will be left untouched (I only want people compiling and using on their computer).
-Removal of Date/Time check for pluginhandler.cpp
-Adding String back to mq2data.cpp

I don't want any other modifications done other than these. Date/Time check is mainly for using dll's from say the redguides compile since we won't be compiling redguides plugins. Adding string is honestly just done out of habit, we could probably just leave it out but since people don't like updating code I tossed it in.

This is a much better idea. RG can then add what changes we want. I will send you our base compile because the Oct 7 2015 source has changes to MQ2Melee and MQ2Cast. Out compile is the most update you will be able to find as well and a good place to start. Even without the stuff I am not including we are still talking like over 50 plugins.

Eqmule has been talking about doing this forever as well so hopefully we can get him to use for committing new MQ2 source code as well since this will be available to most people.

Good discussion gent's!

Jim,Winnower,Ctaylor,Demonstar,Treehugger, and the rest of the active programmers should have a "summit", prioritize the plugin's/macros they are going to work on. With the technical major changes coming to EQ by the end of the year only some focus and team work will keep MQ2 alive. I know there has been challenges in the past and they always got resolved, but some of the new ones coming will be extra challenging and will need team work!

There are some plugin writers that maintain plugins only at Macroquest2.com. Noobs idea is a great way to encourage their participation as well.

I'm going to do a write up on github usage as well. I think a lot of folks just don't get how it works and are a bit scared of it. Once they see how you do branches and then merge/commit changes back into the main project I think people will be sold. The wonderful thing about github is every single change is tracked and snapshoted.

TEAM WORK = AWESOMENESS. I look forward to the great code you guys will produce over the next couple months!!!!

I have used sourceforge for a few projects, but never used github. I believe sourceforge supports git repositories too. I have only used it for svn and cvs though.

Plugin - MQ2Rez

Users who are viewing this thread

Back