• IS THIS SITE UGLY? Click "RG3" at the very bottom-left of this page to change it. To dismiss this notice, click the X --->
Resource icon

Plugin - MQ2Radar 2.0

RedCents
2,747¢
I've ran it, was recently revived by @eqmule . Some tips from my experience from testing. Loading the plugin didn't work immediately on my character I had up when I loaded the plugin. Once the plugin was loaded and I started another account up it worked on that account.

I've tried /loadskin default in order to attempt to get it to work on the account I loaded the plugin on and that did not work.
I've camped to character select and that did not work.
I've used /unload and reinjected and that did not work.
I did not try closing the instance of EQ and reloading it, but based on it working for other characters that didn't have an instance running I expect that it would cause it to work.
It's fancy for sure. I liked the look over it. The options built into the commands were useful for customizing it.

Hope that information helps.

eqmule

MQ2 Lead Dev
RedCents
17,497¢
Yes the way dsurface works it needs to be loaded from the start... that means a complete restart of eq is needed first time u use it after u load the plugin... but from that point on it should work.

Redbot

lvl 69 Rouge
RedCents
36,173¢
This plugin was recently revived, but it still has some issues. There are cases where quest NPCs won't respond to you if it's loaded, and it doesn't work on some computers for reasons we haven't figured it out.

RedCents
361¢
Usually if I start with radar enabled in the mq ini file, the client will instantly close as soon as it starts. So I do Load All, and see the clients open and close. If I turn radar off, it logs in as normal. I did login one time with the radar enabled though and it seemed to work well.

kaen01

RedCents
1,785¢
eqmule mentioend the window has to be in fullscreen mode for it to work.

RedCents
10¢
Working in windowed mode for me, did not test in full screen mode.
NPC like those for heroic adventure don't respond me if radar loaded (like Clayton Teek in PoK, and like Snazlieu in Bixie Warfront)
May be it can work in full screen, will try next time

RedCents
1,281¢
How does one get this to work?

Plugin loaded, /radar help brings up options. Tried setting map to on, mode to 1 and pressing F11. Not much success.

Rebooted, reloaded, same thing.

Redbot

lvl 69 Rouge
RedCents
36,173¢
Yes, I was a long time user of this in the old days.

Every trick I know does not work. If you have it working, I would really appreciate some information @ChatWithThisName
Make sure your HUD is on. Netstat=1 in eqclient.ini, or just press F11

/plugin mq2radar
/loadskin default

RedCents
2,747¢

eqmule

MQ2 Lead Dev
RedCents
17,497¢
If you ran it loaded from the start and you don’t see it try alt+enter to go into full screen and post back if it shows up then

RedCents
107¢
It does not work when it is windowed.
I wonder that is why it does not work under ISX.

I do not use ISX to box more than one very often but I primarily use it because it allows me to use my G13.

P.S. Full screen looks terrible with my near 4K monitor.

eqmule

MQ2 Lead Dev
RedCents
17,497¢
Yeah u have one of those machines... on one of my computers it only works in full screen mode on the laptops it works fine in windowed mode, I don’t know why because I don’t have the source for dsurface.dll

RedCents
107¢
Yeah, I wish I could get a hold of that source. I wonder how bad it would be to engineer a replacement. Not being a programmer, I just wonder if anyone has tried this.

RedCents
107¢
You will laugh, but I got it to work.
Apparently with isboxer, you can run EQ full screen but with my window size, I had to edit the client so that the window size and full screen size are the same.

Then it worked correctly. And lo and behold, I have my radar again for the first time in like 3 or 4 years.

I can also switch between my two toons and still works.

eqmule

MQ2 Lead Dev
RedCents
17,497¢
I have tried to get hold of @odessa , I sent mails, asked around, I can’t get hold of him, I don’t particularly have the time to rewrite dsurface from scratch so if anyone knows how to get hold of him let me know.