• You've discovered RedGuides 📕 an EverQuest multi-boxing community 🛡️🧙🗡️. We want you to play several EQ characters at once, come join us and say hello! 👋
  • IS THIS SITE UGLY? Change the look. To dismiss this notice, click the X --->
  • There was a hotfixtoday. DO NOT PATCH EQ or you'll have to wait for the next MQ update (no ETA). You can play without the patch by using patchme or autologin (preferred). If you've already patched EQ you're out of luck, unless you find someone to share the older eqgame.exe (don't ask here).
Resource icon

Plugin - MQ2Radar (1 Viewer)

Re: Sneak peek at DirectEQ and MQ2Radar

odessa said:
The funny part is that I can pinpoint memory leaks to you on per call accuracy so that they can fix it but I doubt Sony cares :)
You should post em just so I can be an ass and email sony about them :)

When do you think you'll release the source? I understand it's a work in progress, but just curious how close you think you are to a full release, or at least release of the API docs and sample source for the radar module.

All I really want is an arrow pointing to my target. Would be cool if you could implement that in your radar.

I didn't have a chance to test the older version but upon running the new one I'm getting a windows popup:

"This application has failed to start because TxInterf.dll was not found. Re-installing the application may fix this problem."

Did a quick search on google for it but didn't find anything.

timmy said:
I didn't have a chance to test the older version but upon running the new one I'm getting a windows popup:

"This application has failed to start because TxInterf.dll was not found. Re-installing the application may fix this problem."

Did a quick search on google for it but didn't find anything.
No idea what TxInterf is, has nothing to do with what I'm doing so can't help you there. Sounds like something that has to do with a network card.

Gondola said:
When do you think you'll release the source? I understand it's a work in progress, but just curious how close you think you are to a full release, or at least release of the API docs and sample source for the radar module.

All I really want is an arrow pointing to my target. Would be cool if you could implement that in your radar.
Could you elaborate, you mean like a line from you to target or something else?

Re: Sneak peek at DirectEQ and MQ2Radar (UPDATE Aug 29th)

Think like OTD...he wants to look at his radar and see an arrow point to the direction that his target is in.

thez said:
Think like OTD...he wants to look at his radar and see an arrow point to the direction that his target is in.
I made a line that connects you and your target, emailed him to get the new dll.

I'll do your 'aggro' thing as soon as I can, I will just let you specify the runspeed to trigger the 'aggro' mode.

Just an update on my problem..
After logging off last night and trying to run Everquest this morning it wouldn't start at all (after the patcher), I kept getting the same TxInterf error I was getting when trying to load the plugin, I couldn't figure out what on earth was causing it.

After trying several things without success I deleted the d3d9.dll file from my EQ Folder and it completely fixed the problem, that was really weird.

timmy said:
Just an update on my problem..
After logging off last night and trying to run Everquest this morning it wouldn't start at all (after the patcher), I kept getting the same TxInterf error I was getting when trying to load the plugin, I couldn't figure out what on earth was causing it.

After trying several things without success I deleted the d3d9.dll file from my EQ Folder and it completely fixed the problem, that was really weird.
Thanks for the update, I wish I could help you but I have no idea how this TxInterf is interfering with d3d. If you want please email me this info - http://eqforums.station.sony.com/eq/board/message?board.id=tech&message.id=105026

and I might be able to help you out.

eek, found the problem will post update ASAP

First post updated.

Last edited:
Re: Sneak peek at DirectEQ and MQ2Radar (UPDATE Aug 30th)

It still gives that same TxInterf.dll error, but not when I try to load EQ; now it errors when I try to load the mq2radar plugin after EQ is already loaded.

Gondola said:
It still gives that same TxInterf.dll error, but not when I try to load EQ; now it errors when I try to load the mq2radar plugin after EQ is already loaded.
ok you sure you redownloaded from first post?

Works!

Ok this is more like what I had in mind.

- You can tell the player's heading by displaying the player as a triangle or an arrow /\
- A semitransparent line leading from the player's icon to the target's icon
- The target outline in yellow or white, maybe blinking?
- Smaller target icons and smaller radar border, but these are things you could set up in an INI too... would love to get the source :)

Gondola said:
Works!

Ok this is more like what I had in mind.

- You can tell the player's heading by displaying the player as a triangle or an arrow /\
- A semitransparent line leading from the player's icon to the target's icon
- The target outline in yellow or white, maybe blinking?
- Smaller target icons and smaller radar border, but these are things you could set up in an INI too... would love to get the source :)
Triangles for heading is something I thought about before, but the way you drew it isn't going to work because you are ALWAYS heading forward :)
Line is implemented now. The target outline I will work on, I know that what it is now sucks, I just didn't get a chance to do anything about it.
Icons, borders, etc will all be customizeable.

Re: DirectEQ and MQ2Radar (UPDATE Sep 2nd)

Minor update, changed circular objects to triangles so now you can see the heading. Also added animated functionality to DEQ, for now just doing a simple animation for target but that's because I'm lazy when it comes to drawing stuff :)

New d3d dll file causes graphic glitches for me; some PC textures don't render, and you can see through them.

Gondola said:
New d3d dll file causes graphic glitches for me; some PC textures don't render, and you can see through them.
And that didn't happen for you before? Same videocard?

p.s. I just updated DEQ, please let me know if that fixed the problem, if it did I found where the problem was and it should fix the texture issue for everybody.

Guys I really need feedback on disappearing textures bug, I tried it on 3 computers here and I see nothing of the sort so it's hard for me to track it down unless others can help.

p.s. I believe I might have found the problem, now just need to know to figure out how to fix it nicely.

Last edited:
Re: DirectEQ and MQ2Radar (UPDATE Sep 8th)

Sep 8th - A bit of an update, a bunch of internal stuff, some cosmetic changes, better map drawing, 'map' mode.

Looks a bit prettier now, that's about it :)

Feature request -- Instead of holding my mouse over the radar for an extra long time before clicking to target something, add the ability to do a key command so that I could hold a key and click to target...IE, shift+mouse1 = click to target on radar. This would also avoid the problem where I'm trying to target something via map, targeting it, then the click also targeting what is behind the map.

*edit* After playing around with it some more...could we get a filter to turn off stuff like player mounts? Currently, the mount swallows up the person on the map.

thez said:
Feature request -- Instead of holding my mouse over the radar for an extra long time before clicking to target something, add the ability to do a key command so that I could hold a key and click to target...IE, shift+mouse1 = click to target on radar. This would also avoid the problem where I'm trying to target something via map, targeting it, then the click also targeting what is behind the map.
Well right now you don't have to hold it extra long to target something if there is nothing targetable in the way in EQ. One short click will do. I thought of having something like 'exclusive' mode where clickthroughs are not possible. I also thought of ctrl/shift functionality for doing different marking/filtering stuff.

thez said:
*edit* After playing around with it some more...could we get a filter to turn off stuff like player mounts? Currently, the mount swallows up the person on the map.
Filters are something I want to add on a full scale, I want markers/filters to be for everything.

Thanks for the ideas.

Oh, and I figured out what one of the bugs with it that may be causing people trouble is...

If I've got the *plugin* on autoload, then it causes eqgame errors every time I try to log in. Instead, I moved it to autoexec.cfg and /plugin mq2radar noauto, which fixed that particular problem.

thez said:
Oh, and I figured out what one of the bugs with it that may be causing people trouble is...

If I've got the *plugin* on autoload, then it causes eqgame errors every time I try to log in. Instead, I moved it to autoexec.cfg and /plugin mq2radar noauto, which fixed that particular problem.
Could you elaborate? What errors does it cause?

It just causes eqgame.exe to crash when I hit the "accept / decline" screen. It's actually not the first plugin to do that...GMNotify did similar things to me. I'd post you an error report, but I don't have the software on this computer.

thez said:
It just causes eqgame.exe to crash when I hit the "accept / decline" screen. It's actually not the first plugin to do that...GMNotify did similar things to me. I'd post you an error report, but I don't have the software on this computer.

You are the first person to report that. I did fix a crash bug when d3d9.dll wasn't in the folder so maybe that was the problem.

Re: DirectEQ and MQ2Radar (UPDATE Sep 11th)

Sep 11th -
Fixed a crash bug when DirectEQ could not be found.
Fixed the map issue, now radar should load maps of all zones.
Added compass directions to radar outline.
Added /rspawnsize.
Other minor stuff.

Re: DirectEQ and MQ2Radar (UPDATE Sep 11th)

Sep 18th -
Wrote a proper injector for DirectEQ, I believe it will work with WinEQ2 and others now
You HAVE to delete old DEQ's d3d9.dll from your EQ folder
Added some control options, LCTRL and click on radar spawn will now select this spawn and NOT 'click trhough', LCTRL and mousewheel on radar will zoom in and out now
All these new changes are quite untested so if you have any problems please let me know.

Re: MQ2Radar (UPDATE Sep 23rd)

Sep 23rd -
Minor update, compiled for new eqgame, mq2radar stops updating in the background (I will probably make it disappear completely in the background). There is also a bit of a depth filtering, now the farther away on Z axis (up/down) the spawn is from you the more see-through it will look on radar. So deep red will mean the spawn is within a close distance, a barely visible radar spawn tells you that the spawn is far up or down from you.

Re: MQ2Radar (UPDATE Oct 3)

I finally made a picture :)
mq2radar.jpg

Re: MQ2Radar (UPDATE Oct 10)

Red cent and bump for the best addition to my playing enjoyment for the best monk tool for as long as I can remember!

Re: MQ2Radar (UPDATE Oct 10)

Working on update, I did some changes and there are quirks, trying to fix them. Oct 10th source+#define DInput__MouseWheelScrolled 0x50FB20 // 10-25-06 should work though, just recompile.

Plugin - MQ2Radar

Users who are viewing this thread

Back