• You've discovered RedGuides 📕 an EverQuest multi-boxing community 🛡️🧙🗡️. We want you to play several EQ characters at once, come join us and say hello! 👋
  • IS THIS SITE UGLY? Change the look. To dismiss this notice, click the X --->
MQ2Nav

Plugin - MQ2Nav Release Thread (2 Viewers)

auto find has many gitchs 2 examples are crytal caverns in ew srops on top of mound for caverns and will not let you move and second is western wastes thru colbat scar will not hop out of water and will not let you move. need to know a way to disable it so can manually manuver around glitch.
in your /nav ui setting panel

you can go to the settings tab, and under "break behavior" you can select stop navigation. so now while navigating you can press a movement key and it will stop nav

1636739074021.png

My guild hall has lots of teleportation items I would like to be able to use on my travel mesh, as well as someone stuck a wall in the middle of a hallway which stops my characters dead in their tracks. I've watched the videos I could find that I could think of to edit my mesh, but nothing helped me find what I was looking for. Any help or direction would be appreciated

1638069274802.png 1638069331598.png

Last edited:
My guild hall has lots of teleportation items I would like to be able to use on my travel mesh, as well as someone stuck a wall in the middle of a hallway which stops my characters dead in their tracks. I've watched the videos I could find that I could think of to edit my mesh, but nothing helped me find what I was looking for. Any help or direction would be appreciated
The first is easyfind and not supported currently. The second issue is nav and not supported either

I love using Find and Nav to get to NPCs and other destinations. Just wondering if it is possible to navigate to Sellers in the Bazaar? (I just find that frustrating)

I think this is what is going on with mine, same exact thing. I will look through this and see if I can locate a definite trace on the issue

I think this is what is going on with mine, same exact thing. I will look through this and see if I can locate a definite trace on the issue
this is for mq2, not mq Next - you bumped a thread from over a year ago. but the resolution here was updating drives

ok not sure if this is the right spot or not but i have mqnext up and running however i have unload and reload mq2nav and reloaded the meshes and it will not autonav to any locations im not sure how to fix this or why it wont autonav and help would be appreciated

ok not sure if this is the right spot or not but i have mqnext up and running however i have unload and reload mq2nav and reloaded the meshes and it will not autonav to any locations im not sure how to fix this or why it wont autonav and help would be appreciated
Any luck figuring this out? It was working fine for me in MQ2, but after switching to MQnext it doesn't work....

Any luck figuring this out? It was working fine for me in MQ2, but after switching to MQnext it doesn't work....
mental notes:
1. mq2map click is Control+Shift+Click
2. new easyfind self travel is Control+Click (reminder in find window title bar)
3. new easyfind group travel is Control+Shift+Click
4. If you selected a destination in your zone guide and want to activate it you /travelto activate
5. /yes and /no are now aliases !yes and !no if you

are you sure yu mean mq2nav and not easyfind? if you're asking about clicking in the find window read the above

mental notes:
1. mq2map click is Control+Shift+Click
2. new easyfind self travel is Control+Click (reminder in find window title bar)
4. If you selected a destination in your zone guide and want to activate it you /travelto activate
5. /yes and /no are now aliases !yes and !no if you

are you sure yu mean mq2nav and not easyfind? if you're asking about clicking in the find window read the above
Fantastic, I totally missed the "Control +click", that worked. Thank you!!

before when i would use nav target i would not get a yellow and black line now i do what did i change to make that appear so i can make it go away again

before when i would use nav target i would not get a yellow and black line now i do what did i change to make that appear so i can make it go away again
in your /nav ui tools you can go to settings tab, and then display and click off "Show In-Game Navigation Path"

1640559750565.png

Hello All,

I am having an issue with MQ2Nav and hoping you can help.

I am running MQNext and I have all maps compiled for each zone. The issue I'm having is that I can bring my group to me via the "Come to Me" button, but when I click any team member, zone or NPC in the Find menu, nothing happens.

Thanks,

Dysanor

Hello All,

I am having an issue with MQ2Nav and hoping you can help.

I am running MQNext and I have all maps compiled for each zone. The issue I'm having is that I can bring my group to me via the "Come to Me" button, but when I click any team member, zone or NPC in the Find menu, nothing happens.

Thanks,

Dysanor
ctrlclick.png
when you ctrl+click?

I created waypoints in nav ui and clicked the save button. However when I come back to the zone the waypoints are no longer there. Any suggestions on troubleshooting? I’m using mqnext if that’s relevant. Thanks

I created waypoints in nav ui and clicked the save button. However when I come back to the zone the waypoints are no longer there. Any suggestions on troubleshooting? I’m using mqnext if that’s relevant. Thanks
try /nav rwp waypointname (examples: /nav rwp spot, /nav rwp camp, /nav rwp zone)
That always works for me. I only use the UI when I want to troubleshoot why the mesh "appears" broken (and 100% of the time turns out it is, I am on a pebble or a plant or something else stupid).

Anyone else having trouble with door clicking or have I messed something up? I thought it was my edits to DeneCore-nav.ini to get it to work with MQ(Next), but I had the same problem when just doing easyfind clicks in the Find window. I was in HoT and SoD zones. Will do more testing later if it's just me.

Anyone else having trouble with door clicking or have I messed something up? I thought it was my edits to DeneCore-nav.ini to get it to work with MQ(Next), but I had the same problem when just doing easyfind clicks in the Find window. I was in HoT and SoD zones. Will do more testing later if it's just me.
well

for easyfind:

for the door clicking:

do you have "Automatically click nearby doors" set?

1642696547905.png

or is your trigger distance too short?
1642696572122.png

for the door clicking:

do you have "Automatically click nearby doors" set?

View attachment 37219

or is your trigger distance too short?
View attachment 37220
Oh wow this was it, thanks! Didn't realize there was a setting and I definitely didn't change it. Could something have changed it in the patch recently or would the explorer mac have turned it off/on and maybe not set it back if it got interrupted?

Edit: Yeah seems like something in explore.mac turns off door clicking and doesn't turn it back on if the macro crashes out. I'll post a comment in that thread. Thanks for your help Sic!

Last edited:
After getting my control click question answered easyfind has worked great until I started making my way to The Breeding Grounds the long way so I can activate my crystal. Every zone until Dragon Nec worked great and it will work from Dragon Nec back to Western Wastes just not to the Breeding Grounds. I have reloaded mesh, unloaded and loaded back easyfind but it still won't work there. What is it I am missing?

I'm running the new MQ (Next) fresh install as of Saturday 22nd Jan.

I'm having a couple of issues, im not sure if they are linked or not so I'll put both in.

1. When I load my charset, erratically some may load fine with no issue, others will crash on start complaining of getchattextcolour or some such, out of 6 loads, sometimes all 6 will load fine, other times none will load, or it will randomly crash out different ones.

2. MQ2Nav will not load. When i try, i get the message : Plugin 'mq2nav' not found. Plugin 'mq2nav' could not be loaded: LoadLibrary failed with error 0x00000000

Any help would be appreciated, sorry if this is in the wrong place.

I'm running the new MQ (Next) fresh install as of Saturday 22nd Jan.

I'm having a couple of issues, im not sure if they are linked or not so I'll put both in.

1. When I load my charset, erratically some may load fine with no issue, others will crash on start complaining of getchattextcolour or some such, out of 6 loads, sometimes all 6 will load fine, other times none will load, or it will randomly crash out different ones.

2. MQ2Nav will not load. When i try, i get the message : Plugin 'mq2nav' not found. Plugin 'mq2nav' could not be loaded: LoadLibrary failed with error 0x00000000

Any help would be appreciated, sorry if this is in the wrong place.
1. make sure you don't have mq2irc=1 in your macroquest.ini, if you do, change it to =0

2. I would check that you don't have a compat layer issue

Check these locations in your registry for anything eq/mq2 related and delete.
HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\WindowsNT\CurrentVersion\AppCompatFlags\Layers
and
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Microsoft\WindowsNT\CurrentVersion\AppCompatFlags\Layers

You would have to buold a mesh for said area, that ignores values/object avoidance.

the paths it follows (from my understanding) is it checks the value of terrain and goes with the lowest cost (IE path of least resistance). custom meshes, you can make it see everything equal.

You would have to buold a mesh for said area, that ignores values/object avoidance.

the paths it follows (from my understanding) is it checks the value of terrain and goes with the lowest cost (IE path of least resistance). custom meshes, you can make it see everything equal.
The headache with Mesh is that I need it to come back the standard nav way. Getting to the loc, gotta go straight, getting back, needs to go up hill.

Plugin - MQ2Nav Release Thread

Users who are viewing this thread

Back