• You've discovered RedGuides 📕 an EverQuest multi-boxing community 🛡️🧙🗡️. We want you to play several EQ characters at once, come join us and say hello! 👋
  • IS THIS SITE UGLY? Change the look. To dismiss this notice, click the X --->
MQ2Nav

Plugin - MQ2Nav Release Thread (5 Viewers)

As of the last few days. I have suddenly had the lower left portion of my screen not reactive to any inputs by mouse. My hot bars in that area or any UI moved into that area is no longer clickable. If by chance I am able to move it out of that area it is then usable again. Any ideas of what would be causing mouse input being blocked but keyboard hot keys still work? It happens on multiple chars on different monitors also. Not monitor or character specific. Using mq2 very vanilla basic setup, come plugins from chatwiththisname and rgmercs. Class depending. Everything has been working great. No updates, no file or UI changes in past few weeks but randomly start happening 3 or 4 days ago.

hi, Im in Sathir's Tomb and my character wont click the doors to open, any way to add/edit these? the option is selected in /nav ui to click doors etc
you need to ensure you have unselected "ignore scripted doors" --- any door that is more than just a door - like a double door, or a rock etc is a "scripted door" meaning its a thing that does more than just 1 thing

so you need to automatically click nearby doors AND uncheck ignore scripted doors

1626797087115.png

Hi
you need to ensure you have unselected "ignore scripted doors" --- any door that is more than just a door - like a double door, or a rock etc is a "scripted door" meaning its a thing that does more than just 1 thing

so you need to automatically click nearby doors AND uncheck ignore scripted doors

View attachment 31600
Hi
Thats exactly what I have selected,still not working sadly

I have the same problem when using MQ2Next. I cannot use e.g. shm mode 2 (shaman chase mode)- It gives me an error "Chase Assist Mode requires a mesh for the zone you're in...". I check my MQ2Nav Tools.. it says No navmesh loaded. I clicked the Reload button, and it says "No nav mesh aviliable for ....".

I have my MQ2Next in C:\RedGuidesNext, and the MQ2Nave folder in the C:\RedGuidesNext\resources. Seems the program cannot find it for some reasons.

I also tried using the knightly migration script to move from my original MQ2 to MQ2next...

Please help.

Thanks.

Does anyone else have an issue with one character, the same character and class, that always lags behind the rest of the group?

For example, I play a Warr, with three berzerkers, shaman, and bard in tow. The War (main) will take off running, and as expected, the rest of the group trails behind him in a group. All except the shaman. The shaman lags soooooo far back, that I am constantly waiting for it to catch up.

It is also ALWAYS the shaman. What I mean is I have another Shaman on a different account, and if I change the group makeup with other toons, it is always the shaman lagging behind. Also, my buddy has a shaman and in the past I have logged his toon in and used it so he could get xp (when mine didn't need it) and his shaman lags behind like all the rest.

What is this about, and can it be fixed so the shaman sticks with the rest of the cluster following?

Does anyone else have an issue with one character, the same character and class, that always lags behind the rest of the group?

For example, I play a Warr, with three berzerkers, shaman, and bard in tow. The War (main) will take off running, and as expected, the rest of the group trails behind him in a group. All except the shaman. The shaman lags soooooo far back, that I am constantly waiting for it to catch up.

It is also ALWAYS the shaman. What I mean is I have another Shaman on a different account, and if I change the group makeup with other toons, it is always the shaman lagging behind. Also, my buddy has a shaman and in the past I have logged his toon in and used it so he could get xp (when mine didn't need it) and his shaman lags behind like all the rest.

What is this about, and can it be fixed so the shaman sticks with the rest of the cluster following?
i had this issue when using eqbcs - it wasn't actually lagging, it was just getting eqbc commands at a later time than the rest of the team. so if i did a /bcg //nav id ${Me.ID} my 6th toon would be the one that took 10 or 15 seconds longer before it started doing anything. this is why i made the swap to eqbcs2.

not sure under what circumstnaces your shaman is doing the lagging, if it is the same issue i had.

however - I would also ensure that you don't have your background fps set to min (alt-o) on that toon as that can and will definitely cause issues. I suggest at least 30 background fps for all your toons. having too low of background fps can and definitely will cause you to have headache with automation taking place in the background.

Do you use KA? If so, "vanilla" ka doesn't play nicely. You may have to mqp in order to move. Something I've done to all my caster macros is add !${Me.Moving} to the buffs.

When i run the game with MQ2 there is an invisible window in the center of my screen that wont allow me to click on anything in game, I am able to click and move this out of the way to get to what i need to click but then it just covers other thing I may need to click later its very annoying. Is there some way to minimize this or eliminate it completly??

When i run the game with MQ2 there is an invisible window in the center of my screen that wont allow me to click on anything in game, I am able to click and move this out of the way to get to what i need to click but then it just covers other thing I may need to click later its very annoying. Is there some way to minimize this or eliminate it completly??
it is a bug with mq2nav
/plugin mq2nav unload
then
/plugin mq2nav load

then when you have the /nav ui window visible - just close it out - it won't try and load anymore unless you /nav ui so it will no longer be "ghosted"

Plane of Sky = Island 7 there was no connection to inside the building from outside the building (and visa versa) so just added a little bit of walkable mesh to allow that.

Attachments

• airplane.navmesh
    563.7 KB · Views: 0
I'm having an issue where mq2nav loads just fine on initial startup, but if I need to unload it for any reason, I can't load it back up and get a message that the plugin wasn't found. I have the latest DirectX installed. Anyone else encountered this?

I'm having an issue where mq2nav loads just fine on initial startup, but if I need to unload it for any reason, I can't load it back up and get a message that the plugin wasn't found. I have the latest DirectX installed. Anyone else encountered this?

when I open the /nav ui and check the box for "attempt to get unstucked" it wont save even if I do /nav save.

Everytime I log in I have to do this again on all my toons.

Any way to save "attempt to get unstucked" in mq2nav?

Is there a fix for this?? I have to do it on all toons everytime i login
This ui issue is resolved in the Macroquest "next" version of mq2nav, and there aren't plans of updating mq2nav for the "legacy" MacroQuest2 version.

You can run mq next from your VV launcher if you're interested in trying it before it becomes the full time version we have here at Redguides

This ui issue is resolved in the Macroquest "next" version of mq2nav, and there aren't plans of updating mq2nav for the "legacy" MacroQuest2 version.

You can run mq next from your VV launcher if you're interested in trying it before it becomes the full time version we have here at Redguides
Yeahhhh so i clicky the redguides loader thingy, then do the MQ thingy then do the start server thing and load in, i just want to clicky and it worky have no clue what you just said.

I'm running next and this is when the checkbox stopped saving. Is there something I am missing?

Update: fixed with
/nav ini AttemptUnstuck on

Last edited:
Yeahhhh so i clicky the redguides loader thingy, then do the MQ thingy then do the start server thing and load in, i just want to clicky and it worky have no clue what you just said.
MacroQuest2 is the current version of macroquest that redguides supports.

Currently MacroQuest "Next" is in a "early/developer preview" mode, and it will eventually become the version of MacroQuest that redguides supports as the primary distribution.

you can use the VV launcher and run MacroQuest "Next"
1628212533399.png

Is there a fix for this?? I have to do it on all toons everytime i login
I'm running next and this is when the checkbox stopped saving. Is there something I am missing?
I'm sorry i misunderstood as the post i was responding to didn't directly mention *what* issue, i thought they was asking about the issue with the /nav ui window being ghosted as that is usually the most frequent issue.

as to saving that particular item, I do not know if that is a setting that is saved

/nav ini AttemptUnstuck on

Last edited:
In Next, and generally speaking, is there a way to make the Log= command stick? I've set it, it appears in the ini, but each time I log back in it changes to info. Trying to cut down on spam. Thanks brainiac.

I've been ignoring this for the most part but now that I have something running smooth id like to fix it,,(has this ever happened to anyone? if so how do you fix?)
The entire left middle side of my screen has somethign wrong with it. When I mouseover it switches from EQ cursor to Windows Cursor and when it switches to windows cursor I cannot click anything in EQ until I find the spot where the EQ Cursor comes back into action . It is extremely inconvenient because I cannot Click anyhting on nearly half of my screen.
I have unloaded and reloaded a cpl of time in attempts to rid the issue, but no luck.

not sure if you found a fix for this. i had same issue, let it go for a week but got to annoying. my issue was in middle of my screen, like there was a dead spot. if i had an item on my cursor, i could not move mouse and item through this spot, i had to go over the top or under the bottom. it was a window problem, an invisible one. took a bit to figure out which window was causing issue, it was the MQ2Nav UI window causing problem. the UI window was completely invisible. If I launched MQ from launcher with EQBCS2 or EQBCSEQMULE, the Nav UI window would not work. had to log all the way out of my toons, relaunch RG Launcher and switch back to EQBCS then launch MQ from launcher. once i got all my toons logged in, the Nav UI window was visible and i could close it. no issues since.

not sure if you found a fix for this. i had same issue, let it go for a week but got to annoying. my issue was in middle of my screen, like there was a dead spot. if i had an item on my cursor, i could not move mouse and item through this spot, i had to go over the top or under the bottom. it was a window problem, an invisible one. took a bit to figure out which window was causing issue, it was the MQ2Nav UI window causing problem. the UI window was completely invisible. If I launched MQ from launcher with EQBCS2 or EQBCSEQMULE, the Nav UI window would not work. had to log all the way out of my toons, relaunch RG Launcher and switch back to EQBCS then launch MQ from launcher. once i got all my toons logged in, the Nav UI window was visible and i could close it. no issues since.
or just
/plugin mq2nav unload
then
/plugin mq2nav load

Plugin - MQ2Nav Release Thread

Users who are viewing this thread

Back