• You've discovered RedGuides 📕 an EverQuest multi-boxing community 🛡️🧙🗡️. We want you to play several EQ characters at once, come join us and say hello! 👋
  • IS THIS SITE UGLY? Change the look. To dismiss this notice, click the X --->
MQ2Nav

Plugin - MQ2Nav Release Thread (2 Viewers)

so i want to get my path to go through the middle of doors in saithers tomb, instead of the side. how do i do this????
i know stuff like travel.mac has paths hard coded into it for mq2nav. how do i do this???

so i want to get my path to go through the middle of doors in saithers tomb, instead of the side. how do i do this????
i know stuff like travel.mac has paths hard coded into it for mq2nav. how do i do this???
you can create waypoints and then nav to those waypoints - but it sounds like you're more asking just for a route on the map - in which case you would want to edit your mesh with a preferred area and an avoid area

Here's where i originally posted these snips a while back

the "preferred" is still weighted against other stuff when mq2nav does its dynamic recalculation. I usually end up creating a custom weight with a heavy cost for MEGAAVOID around problematic doors. You can create area types in "Area Types" under Zone

and then i slap a preferred route in the middle

1608330862098.png
1608330866650.png
1608330871290.png

1608330903318.png

Anyone happen to have a mesh file they could attach that has pathing corrected so the puller doesn't constantly get stuck at the doors? I've made a semi effort to look it over myself, then my eyes glaze over and I give up.

He definitely goes to the center of the doors now, he just refuses to open them. Maybe he's scared.
well that's easy

you need to have your mq2nav set to click on the doors =p

do a /nav ui to open up your nav tools
then settings tab
then check automatically click nearby doors
and uncheck ignore scripted doors

1608392818457.png

well that's easy

you need to have your mq2nav set to click on the doors =p

do a /nav ui to open up your nav tools
then settings tab
then check automatically click nearby doors
and uncheck ignore scripted doors

View attachment 26752
I'm sad to report that box was already checked. I tried the usual uncheck and recheck the box. I camped the toon to desktop and reloaded, because software. He's still either scared or too weak to open those doors. ><

I'm sad to report that box was already checked. I tried the usual uncheck and recheck the box. I camped the toon to desktop and reloaded, because software. He's still either scared or too weak to open those doors. ><
in your debug tools you can check the trigger distance for door handling - is it possible your dude is smol and too far from the "actual" door bit?
1608397868012.png

You can go into debug tools under objects and "view doors" and see the distance the door is
1608397928546.png

in your debug tools you can check the trigger distance for door handling - is it possible your dude is smol and too far from the "actual" door bit?
View attachment 26753

You can go into debug tools under objects and "view doors" and see the distance the door is
View attachment 26754
He's not smol, so it's not that. I've tried several things including changing the distance to the door several times and still nothing.
I give up. Ok, not really. I appreciate the info from you, I've already learned a bit about the nav tool and now I'm just getting pissed off enough that I may actually be willing to try to learn how to use it just to solve this.

@brainiac

@oogey is having an issue where /plugin mq2nav is showing "mq2nav not found" despite it already being loaded. ${Nav} and ${Nav.MeshLoaded} both return back true - but API calls are failing, and as i said the /plugin mq2nav says "mq2nav not found"

I did the normal checks

1. installed directx 9.0c june 2010 to see if that would fix the issue (this is almost always the fix) - it did not
2. checked for app compatibility issues - there were no items listed in the registry for either mq2nav or anything mq2 related.
2b. I checked in both
INI:
HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\AppCompatFlags\Layers
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\AppCompatFlags\Layers
3. ensured excemptions for mq2 folder

Any thoughts? thanks

edit: After all that stuff i did and several re-starts - it appears to have cleared up. took several dx reinstalls and moving mq2 outside of the appdata install directory - not really sure *which* thing fixed it, as it took several times and several restarts

Last edited:
Nav is working but the control bar isn't showing anymore...I've tried /Nav UI /Nav reload and load skin default with no luck...a little help pls
you need to reload the plugin

/plugin mq2nav unload
then
/plugin mq2nav load

then your /nav ui will work again

its an imgui bug (which is what's used for that settings panel) its nothing you did wrong or anything like that

Last edited:
you need to reload the plugin

/plugin mq2nav unload
then
/plugin mq2nav load

then your /nav ui will work again

its an imgui bug (which is what's used for that settings panel) its nothing you did wrong or anything like that
I did exactly this and still no control bar header....but MQ2Nav is running....very strange...but I appreciate the help...any other ideas?

I did exactly this and still no control bar header....but MQ2Nav is running....very strange...but I appreciate the help...any other ideas?
you might need to unload and reload the plugin and then do a /reloadui and then /nav ui

I don't think that a reloadui should impact the imgui window - but its possible

OK did all that....no luck even unloaded MQ2war ...nada...MQ2Nav loads...says it running in the zone... but still no control bar...This is on a laptop...it works fine on my PC...and use to work on the laptop....very frustrating....even reloaded the EQ UI Skins defaults...sorry Sic...I know it's probably some easy fix for you but I'm not a programmer :)

I see mq2nav has the option to try to get unstuck. I assume theres a check within mq2nav for if its stuck or not. Is there a way to access the result of the check in a macro? Something like "/if (${Navigation.IsStuck"? Yes, I am lazy :P

i utilize the nav.velocity so i can compare if nav is active and my velocity is much lower than expect (speed would report a positive value if you were running in the wall)

I can use that. Thanks Sic!
there are lots of other solutions out there too depending on how you want to do it - i definitely don't think that the velocity check one is perfect - if your toon is able to move their legs while being stuck your velocity will wildly fluctate - but it will still be half or less than what your normal velocity will be. - but i have had good success with it.

Tone had a neat way of doing it, in his macro he would record where his toon was every so often, and if navigation was active in x time, and he was still at that location (current location with x distance of previous location) then he would call his unstuck function.

Anybody have trouble with the MeshGenerator loading zones? I haven't needed to modify a zone mesh in quite awhile, but wanted to tweak a couple things in Mech Guardian. Haven't been able to load any zones, get a simple message for any zone I try, even ones i've opened in the past. I am running this as administrator, if that helps.
1611752042841.png

Anybody have trouble with the MeshGenerator loading zones? I haven't needed to modify a zone mesh in quite awhile, but wanted to tweak a couple things in Mech Guardian. Haven't been able to load any zones, get a simple message for any zone I try, even ones i've opened in the past. I am running this as administrator, if that helps.
View attachment 27769
make sure in your
File->Settings
that your navmesh path is your release folder
1611752392151.png

and then make sure you're opening the zone with the file->open zone (Ctrl+O) and not the zone->loadmesh
1611752435944.png

Sic - Thanks for the reply! Turns out, something in my EQ game path wasn't working quite right. Re-selected the path, and i'm not having any trouble now. Thanks again!

I was talking to Sic on discord today, about my chars not saving the destination distance. After one of the recent patches on the Redguides launcher, /nav ui does nothing anymore until i do /plugin mq2nav to unload and load again, then the UI appears. And then i have fix the destination distance on all my chars "/nav save" does nothing. It wont save it until my next session. So Sic is saying "I don't believe that the destination distance is an ini savable item" , "at least i don't see it in the ini". Maybe this is something that could be done in the future?

Well.

Evilking is saying that they are changing their Destination Distance in their nav ui and would like for that Destination distance to be saved upon and reused upon reloading.

I don't see that information available in the ini, nor in the mq2nav documentation.

doing a /nav ini DestinationDistance 25 does create a "NavigationDistance=25" entry in the mq2nav.ini, however doing a /nav ini RedbotPowerLevel 9001 results in a "RedbotPowerLevel=9001" as well :) . and my quick glance at mq2nav code doesn't appear to load anything from the ini for Destination Distance.

My UI window no longer comes up and the game is somehow stuck with the mesh on. Is there a /command to turn off the mesh?
Fixing my UI is another issue altogether, unsure why it doesn't pop up, using default UI and everything.

My UI window no longer comes up and the game is somehow stuck with the mesh on. Is there a /command to turn off the mesh?
Fixing my UI is another issue altogether, unsure why it doesn't pop up, using default UI and everything.
if you zone with the nav ui window open, mq2nav can bug out and it will be ghosted.

unload and then reload mq2nav, and then nav ui to bring up the window

/plugin mq2nav unload
/plugin mq2nav load

Anyone running 3 or more windowed boxes have an issue where if you move your cursor over a part of the game window your cursor acts as if its a regular windows cursor and not a game cursor an you cant access anything in that invisible window. ive tried running 3 boxes on regular without mq2 or redguides running and it doesnt present the issue?
could it be the invisible nav window that vanished? how can i fix this please??

also if your running a box of 4-5 toons and have a bad pull when i switch to my enchanter to sleep everything im typing /end to get no plugin is running or i unload mq2enchanter but it still wants to run back to camp or memorize spells or cast buffs and i have no choice but to zone an sacrifice the other toons..Ideas??

Anyone running 3 or more windowed boxes have an issue where if you move your cursor over a part of the game window your cursor acts as if its a regular windows cursor and not a game cursor an you cant access anything in that invisible window. ive tried running 3 boxes on regular without mq2 or redguides running and it doesnt present the issue?
could it be the invisible nav window that vanished? how can i fix this please??

also if your running a box of 4-5 toons and have a bad pull when i switch to my enchanter to sleep everything im typing /end to get no plugin is running or i unload mq2enchanter but it still wants to run back to camp or memorize spells or cast buffs and i have no choice but to zone an sacrifice the other toons..Ideas??
this is likely mq2nav's ui ghosting on you

/plugin mq2nav unload
then
/plugin mq2nav load

i would only have the /nav ui displayed if you need it - zoning with it open causes this

That seems like a similar problem I had, my 6box has been going swimmingly except when i was auto-running with EQNav to crypts of dalnir and my shaman lagged off a ledge, and while trying to fix that scenario my SK got stuck off a cliff and drowned. Couldnt figure out how to turn the Nav off and it refused to stop trying to jump up a ledge that was not climable.

That seems like a similar problem I had, my 6box has been going swimmingly except when i was auto-running with EQNav to crypts of dalnir and my shaman lagged off a ledge, and while trying to fix that scenario my SK got stuck off a cliff and drowned. Couldnt figure out how to turn the Nav off and it refused to stop trying to jump up a ledge that was not climable.
in your /nav ui window you can change your break behavior - this would be like pressing a movement key would stop nav

1612739790617.png

you can also make some hotkeys to stop all movement stuff - from afollow, stick, moveto, nav, etc

INI:
/hot StopMe 13 /squelch /multiline ; /afollow off; /stick off; /moveto off; /nav stop; /play off 
/hot StopAll 13 /bcaa //squelch /multiline ; /afollow off; /stick off; /moveto off; /nav stop; /play off 
/hot StopGrp 13 /bcga //squelch /multiline ; /afollow off; /stick off; /moveto off; /nav sto ; /play off

in your /nav ui window you can change your break behavior - this would be like pressing a movement key would stop nav

View attachment 28074

you can also make some hotkeys to stop all movement stuff - from afollow, stick, moveto, nav, etc

INI:
/hot StopMe 13 /squelch /multiline ; /afollow off; /stick off; /moveto off; /nav stop; /play off
/hot StopAll 13 /bcaa //squelch /multiline ; /afollow off; /stick off; /moveto off; /nav stop; /play off
/hot StopGrp 13 /bcga //squelch /multiline ; /afollow off; /stick off; /moveto off; /nav sto ; /play off

Thats perfect, thank you!
edit: I will add that I dont think I've seen that UI in all of its glory, which also tracks when you said earlier that zoning with it open causes it. Definitely use PoK as the hub and its great to nav my octopus of people along somewhere.

The /nav ui command is not bringing up the UI overlay window. Is there some way to resolve this ?

Edit: mq2nav isnt opening doors either this is the reason im trying to get into the ui settings so I can see if the click door toggle is on or off.

Last edited:
Plugin - MQ2Nav Release Thread

Users who are viewing this thread

Back