• You've discovered RedGuides 📕 an EverQuest multi-boxing community 🛡️🧙🗡️. We want you to play several EQ characters at once, come join us and say hello! 👋
  • IS THIS SITE UGLY? Change the look. To dismiss this notice, click the X --->
MQ2Melee

Plugin - MQ2Melee (4 Viewers)

INI:
downshit0=/If (!${Me.Pet.ID}) /casting "sk_pet_of_doom" gem1

i think this will work. this is off the of my head from a thousand years ago (plus some google magic help from eqtrader74) just to be sure. i think, and i'm going off of ancestral memories here, that the gem1 will force the spell to be mem'd there. can't remember exactly what happens if it's mem'd in another slot. probably nothing good!

and i'd totally use this, or adapt it to your needs, but this will save you a lot of drama with your shits.

INI:
downshitif=${If[${Zone.ID}!=151 && ${Zone.ID}!=202 && ${Zone.ID}!=344 && ${Zone.ID}!=345 && ${Zone.ID}!=344 && !${Me.Moving} && !${Me.Casting.ID} && !${Me.Invis} && ${Me.Buff[Resurrection Sickness].Duration}<38 && ${Me.Buff[Revival Sickness].Duration}<18 && !${Me.Feigning},1,0]}

below is what i use in my KA and i orginally stole it from sic's bl ini but i'm not sure there is a difference. you can use !$ on it (i think) based on from what i read, but what eqmule wrote here makes me wonder if that is even needed. i'm at work or i'd test these for you 'cause now i'm curious.

INI:
${Bool[${Me.Pet.ID}]}

Last edited:
You've gotta edit the mq2melee.ini file to reflect your new skills I think.

This is the ini:

INI:
[MQ2Melee]
bloodlust=0
cripple=0
cryhavoc=0
disarm=1
enrage=0
facing=0
frenzy=0
infuriate=0
kick=1
melee=1
opfrenzy=0
plugin=1
provoke1=45252
provokeend=20
provokemax=1
provokeonce=1
ragevolley=0
rallos=0
resume=0
slapface=0
stickbreak=1
stickrange=75
stun1=57535
vigaxe=0
version=8.802

Mq2melee is a .dll file.
I believe the code of what is being used resided in there.

I only updated the classes I knew how to update unfortunately.

Berserker, Rogue, and warrior.

Monk still needs to be updated as far as pure melee goes. Then there are other classes that should be considered, but not much invovled in those classes that will be handled by the plugin.

Warrior and Rogue were also updated in that patch, I just neglected to move the comments from the commits to the merge request :-)
Monk still needed.

If someone wants to send me the file I will see what I ca do with it, though I am not on the development team. If nothing else, adding the existing line spells upgrades was simply enough last time I did it, just takes time.

I only updated the classes I knew how to update unfortunately.

Berserker, Rogue, and warrior.

Monk still needs to be updated as far as pure melee goes. Then there are other classes that should be considered, but not much invovled in those classes that will be handled by the plugin.

Hey Chat ( or @Sic since you're looking at it later) while you're in there, the indignation=0 flag for paladins doesn't work and it uses the incorrect ability now. I think this should default to 0 anyways but the 114 ability for it would be Righteous Antipathy.

Really I wish the default for everything was 0 (like HT for shadowknights why would that be defaulted to be blown every time!)

Thanks if you have the time!

Should really be an ini setting which withstand(spurn) to use. If you have rank 3 it absorbs 3 attacks, rank 2 absorbs 2. I have not bought the aa synergy on my tank for this very reason. older withstand and rank 11 synergy goes together. It may be fixed on eq side that older withstand also triggers the synergy, can probably testcopy and see.

Should really be an ini setting which withstand(spurn) to use. If you have rank 3 it absorbs 3 attacks, rank 2 absorbs 2. I have not bought the aa synergy on my tank for this very reason. older withstand and rank 11 synergy goes together. It may be fixed on eq side that older withstand also triggers the synergy, can probably testcopy and see.
Unfortunately mq2melee does not have an easy way to accomplish this - outside of just setting it up to a holy/down - which is what my recommendation would be.

Spending several hours in here today just updating abilities - there are several large areas which need a major overhaul -and some abilities, despite having most of the setup for them --- don't actually work because they are missing key parts :(

Sic you're a beast, thank you.

If someone wants to send me the file I will see what I ca do with it, though I am not on the development team. If nothing else, adding the existing line spells upgrades was simply enough last time I did it, just takes time.

We're always happy to have help!

https://gitlab.com/redguides/VeryVanilla/tree/master/MQ2Melee

Note that @ChatWithThisName implemented a new format for Berserkers in melee, and is hoping to have all classes follow that same formatting.

Unfortunately mq2melee does not have an easy way to accomplish this - outside of just setting it up to a holy/down - which is what my recommendation would be.

Spending several hours in here today just updating abilities - there are several large areas which need a major overhaul -and some abilities, despite having most of the setup for them --- don't actually work because they are missing key parts :(
not a bad idea, disable the auto one and just put it in holy /nods
don't know how actual main tanks use it I just mash it.

Hey Chat ( or @Sic since you're looking at it later) while you're in there, the indignation=0 flag for paladins doesn't work and it uses the incorrect ability now. I think this should default to 0 anyways but the 114 ability for it would be Righteous Antipathy.

Really I wish the default for everything was 0 (like HT for shadowknights why would that be defaulted to be blown every time!)

Thanks if you have the time!
I edited my SK early on even though I tend drive with my SK. There were times when I would have to load Kiss do to being booted and hated the wasted HT and a few other things.

Thwart rk 2 actually has a higher damage absorption at rank 2 then spurn does at rank 3, even with losing the third hit. Just something to keep in mind.

Oh yeah and finish your synergy Jande :P

Thwart rk 2 actually has a higher damage absorption at rank 2 then spurn does at rank 3, even with losing the third hit. Just something to keep in mind.

Oh yeah and finish your synergy Jande :P
You are not my mom ! /sulks like a stroppy teenager

There done !

Yeah synergy is double 12k vs 6k almost want me to give my mom a hug.

mqmelee is a .dll file right?

can you edit a .dll file like an ini file? Whenever I’ve tried to go into mq2melee to mess with downshits or something I can’t seem to get it to work

can you edit a .dll file like an ini file? Whenever I’ve tried to go into mq2melee to mess with downshits or something I can’t seem to get it to work
nah - a .dll is a file that has taken code and compiled into computer language --- in this case a .cpp file (with some other stuff) and then compiled into a .dll set of instructions your computer and mq2 can do stuff with.

I'll have this stuff done over the next few days - I have the abilities added so far, and working with Brainiac to get some kinks sorted out before its submitted

The file you edit for downshits and holyshits is not the .dll. You make those changes in the <server>_<character name>.ini file located in your release directory.

Anyone else having two hand bash stop working after recent update? Or has it been not working for a while and I just haven't been paying attention? Bash firing off no problem when I'm a one hander and shield.

How do I change it so that MQ2Melee fires Spurn instead of Repel? Figured it would automatically be firing Spurn once I added it since it's not a ToV ability, but it's only firing Repel on my SK

How do I change it so that MQ2Melee fires Spurn instead of Repel? Figured it would automatically be firing Spurn once I added it since it's not a ToV ability, but it's only firing Repel on my SK
if Withstand is set to be used, it will automatically pick the highest rank of the highest lvl of this line to use

Plugin - MQ2Melee

Users who are viewing this thread

Back