• You've discovered RedGuides 📕 an EverQuest multi-boxing community 🛡️🧙🗡️. We want you to play several EQ characters at once, come join us and say hello! 👋
  • IS THIS SITE UGLY? Change the look. To dismiss this notice, click the X --->
Resource icon

Plugin - MQ2Events (1 Viewer)

LOL true. it's all events on all toons. but if I copy them to VV they all work like a champ... maybe do a fresh install of Next?
then if you're question is "does mq2events just absolutely not work on next" the answer is no.

are you sure you are placing your events in the correct location? they go in your config folders in next :) which the migrator would take care for you.

yes sir will try a reboot and maybe a fresh install and see whats up.
the FAQ has some steps to do as well

/event load
/event list

*no* events working means there is a break in the link between your dudes -> mq2events either:
1. plugin not loaded
2. events not loaded
4. events not turned on
5. no events file in the correct location.
6. ?

i'm trying to do the this and get the pause and i entered /docommand /${Me.Class.ShortName} pause on but none of my toons pause... does that command need the toons name in it or am i missing something else
nope, that is correct same as you would see in my hotkeys or in my guides with events posted, make sure if you're broadcasting them you noparse them

nope, that is correct same as you would see in my hotkeys or in my guides with events posted, make sure if you're broadcasting them you noparse them
ty for getting back to so quick... i am broadcasting them but i must not understand how to noparse them

ty for getting back to so quick... i am broadcasting them but i must not understand how to noparse them
> My Hotkeys Guide for reference, as mentioned <

NoParse Explained:
if you did:
/noparse /bcaa //bc ${Me.Name} everyone would say their name
if you did:
/bcaa //bc ${Me.Name} everyone would say your name

What does this mean?

it means if you do a /bcga //docommand ${Me.Class.ShortName} mode 0 you are saying "Hey everyone use MY class shortname

you need to do a /noparse /bcga //docommand /${Me.Class.ShortName mode 0 which says "hey everyone use YOUR class shortname

If I have an emote that has a varying number of names at the end of it which I want to use ${EventArg#} for. How do you check for unknown number of names. Example: #*#sends shadows at. #1#, #2#, #3#.#*#

INI:
#*#sends shadows at. #1#, #2#, #3#.#*#

sends shadows at. name1, name2. --- would fail due to comma after second name and not third.
sends shadows at. name1, name2, name3. --- Works because period and comma match trigger.

if the event keeps calling more people, how do i check for more names considering its a comma between names but a period at end?

If I have an emote that has a varying number of names at the end of it which I want to use ${EventArg#} for. How do you check for unknown number of names. Example: #*#sends shadows at. #1#, #2#, #3#.#*#

INI:
#*#sends shadows at. #1#, #2#, #3#.#*#

sends shadows at. name1, name2. --- would fail due to comma after second name and not third.
sends shadows at. name1, name2, name3. --- Works because period and comma match trigger.

if the event keeps calling more people, how do i check for more names considering its a comma between names but a period at end?
don't include the "," for places you don't want to check a comma. use a wildcard #*#

#1#, #2#, #3#.#*# you are specifying that you want to look for a comma after the first name, the second name and a period after the 3rd

So like this?
INI:
#*#sends shadows at. #1##*# #2##*# #3##*# #4##*# #5##*# #6##*#

Moreover, do I need to keep adding #num# for additional names or is there a variable that will allow #number# to go to infinity without replicating. similar to GINA's regex

INI:
^sends shadows at.*{C}.*$

So i tried the following but none of them work.

INI:
trigger=#*#sends shadows at. #1# #2# #3##*#

trigger=#*#sends shadows at. #1##*# #2##*# #3##*#

trigger=#*#sends shadows at. #1##*##*# #2##*##*# #3##*#

#*#sends shadows at. #1#

Well first I'd have to see the exact message. I get the feeling there isn't a period after "sends shadows at" before the first name. But I suppose anything is possible.

Next you don't need to separate 1 2 and 3, you can just gather all the information into one arguement.

INI:
trigger=#*# sends shadows at #1#
command=/if (${EventArg1.Find[${Me.Name}]}) /multiline ; /bc It's trying to send shadows at me!; /delete myself

Obviously make the command whatever you want. But only be as specific as you need to be for it to trigger the event and get the information you want. You can use a .Find as opposed to a .Equal for example. Then you get the list of names which is really the information you need to check and you don't need to get into the details of comma/periods etc. I've never had much luck with getting punctuation read correctly.

Also, you can test this with /g sam sends shadows at blue, green, orange

Perhaps I should have explained more. I am not just looking for ${Me.Name}. The goal with this is going to be something like this:

INI:
[test]
trigger=#*#sends shadows at: #1# #2# #3#.....#*#
command=/multiline ; /tell ${EventArg1} run 1; /timed 5 /tell ${EventArg2} run 2; /timed 10 /tell ${EventArg3} run 3

The real issue is similar to another emote, the number of names called increases over time so its unknown how many #Numbers# needed. I wouldn't mind doing a ton of placeholders in the event it doesnt mess up event.

Okay, odd situation. I can't seem to get the following trigger to fire off:

[AtenRun]
trigger=#*#Aten Ha Ra points at |${Me.CleanName}|#*#

I have tested with every possible scenario, but once I insert the Aten Ha Ra part the trigger no longer works on any of my characters.

I have tested the following by using say from my chars and of course on the event itself:

[AtenRun]
trigger=#*#points at |${Me.CleanName}|#*#

and that will trigger with any version of words. For example, I can say "howdy blah blah blah points at charname" and it will trigger. The minute I type "Aten Ha Ra points at charname" or during the actual event, it will not trigger. Am I missing something? The command does work perfectly, I just can't seem to get it to trigger if the name Aten Ha Ra is used.....

More info, the group run away from the tank trigger below works perfectly:

[AtenRunFromMA]
trigger=#*#Aten Ha Ra points at #1# with one arm#*#
command=/if (${EventArg1.Find[${Group.MainAssist}]} ) /if (${Group.MainAssist.ID} != ${Me.ID}) /multiline ; /mqp on ; /nav wp Aten_SE; /target clear ; /timed 250 /mqp off ;

I've tried everything I can think of and I can't get that first trigger to work. Thank you in advance for any help or guidance.

Okay, odd situation. I can't seem to get the following trigger to fire off:

[AtenRun]
trigger=#*#Aten Ha Ra points at |${Me.CleanName}|#*#

I have tested with every possible scenario, but once I insert the Aten Ha Ra part the trigger no longer works on any of my characters.

I have tested the following by using say from my chars and of course on the event itself:

[AtenRun]
trigger=#*#points at |${Me.CleanName}|#*#

and that will trigger with any version of words. For example, I can say "howdy blah blah blah points at charname" and it will trigger. The minute I type "Aten Ha Ra points at charname" or during the actual event, it will not trigger. Am I missing something? The command does work perfectly, I just can't seem to get it to trigger if the name Aten Ha Ra is used.....

More info, the group run away from the tank trigger below works perfectly:

[AtenRunFromMA]
trigger=#*#Aten Ha Ra points at #1# with one arm#*#
command=/if (${EventArg1.Find[${Group.MainAssist}]} ) /if (${Group.MainAssist.ID} != ${Me.ID}) /multiline ; /mqp on ; /nav wp Aten_SE; /target clear ; /timed 250 /mqp off ;

I've tried everything I can think of and I can't get that first trigger to work. Thank you in advance for any help or guidance.
I use this with much success. (tho i usually just turn off events entirely for this mission)
INI:
[AtenHaRa]
trigger=#*#Aten Ha Ra points at |${Me.Name}|#*#

I'm not sure you can have 2 events checking the same thing as i believe it'll do the first one it found and not also do a potential duplicate.

you'd need a complicated if check

@Atheos32 has one such thing > here <

I use this with much success. (tho i usually just turn off events entirely for this mission)
INI:
[AtenHaRa]
trigger=#*#Aten Ha Ra points at |${Me.Name}|#*#

I'm not sure you can have 2 events checking the same thing as i believe it'll do the first one it found and not also do a potential duplicate.

you'd need a complicated if check

@Atheos32 has one such thing > here <
yea I tried that version as well, I can make it through the mission by using hotkeys. I was just hoping to figure this out as it is annoying me. Funny enough, the group check MA one is at the end so the single should come first. let me try toying around with that 2nd trigger and see.

Okay, I think you're right, once I removed the group trigger it worked perfectly. Now to see if I can rework the group MA one so they don't conflict and both work. Thanks for the help Sic, you always point me in the right direction!

does anyone by chance have an mq2events ini for Aaryonar group event in TOV ? the aura's keep destroying my group, or is there a thread started where people posted events for missions ? i scrolled through all the pages and couldnt find anything, thank you! im still learning how this plugin works so i don't know enough to create what i need.

does anyone by chance have an mq2events ini for Aaryonar group event in TOV ? the aura's keep destroying my group, or is there a thread started where people posted events for missions ? i scrolled through all the pages and couldnt find anything, thank you! im still learning how this plugin works so i don't know enough to create what i need.
is there a reason why you need an event for them? just don't go near them :)

oh i was told characters need to stand in the auras to not get hit by the ae's or some shit , i get all the way to end of event and my dps ect gets destroyed by ae's. i watched your video a million times and it looks super easy and i can do what you do until the end right when i get golem add it all goes south for me

oh i was told characters need to stand in the auras to not get hit by the ae's or some shit , i get all the way to end of event and my dps ect gets destroyed by ae's. i watched your video a million times and it looks super easy and i can do what you do until the end right when i get golem add it all goes south for me
If you want to gain protection from the AE, you have to touch the specific aura that is called for in the emote preceding their spawn. You don't stand in them, you just touch them and then go back to normal fighting. This only protects you from 1 of the AE dots, there are others in that mission that are unavoidable. You really need to be able to do AE and group heals to get through and your group needs to be decently geared so as to have enough HP to survive until heals land. The problem with relying on mq2events is that the 4 different auras randomize their spawn locations, so when you get called for "fire aura" it could be an any of the 4 spawn locations and mq2events has no way to determine where it is. You have to look at the auras and visually identify where "fire" spawned.

If you want to gain protection from the AE, you have to touch the specific aura that is called for in the emote preceding their spawn. You don't stand in them, you just touch them and then go back to normal fighting. This only protects you from 1 of the AE dots, there are others in that mission that are unavoidable. You really need to be able to do AE and group heals to get through and your group needs to be decently geared so as to have enough HP to survive until heals land. The problem with relying on mq2events is that the 4 different auras randomize their spawn locations, so when you get called for "fire aura" it could be an any of the 4 spawn locations and mq2events has no way to determine where it is. You have to look at the auras and visually identify where "fire" spawned.
thankyou for clarifying that Many, makes a lot of sense now i just wasn't understanding it correctly

I've also had problems with cures ever since I started using KA. I typically just tank through them, but obviously can't here. It seems like sometimes the trigger gets caught and they'll hit something, and other times it won't. Maybe because they're busy or something? I've never tested a ton.

Thanks for all the help. Nailed it down:

INI:
[Need Shei DT Cure]
trigger=Shei Vinitras shouts#*#You are unworthy#*#
command=/multiline ; /mqpause on ; /stopcast ; /target ${Me.Name} ;/timed 5  /cast 11 ; /gsay Saving you from DT ; /mqpause off
Does this work for you as is and on its own? I was thinking the cure would need to be cast twice for the two dots. I just tested this and it worked on the first trigger, then failed the second and third (edit to clarify: the event seemed to trigger every time but the second and third characters who got the DT still died) I'm curious if the first passed because KA caught the trigger and hit RC or something. Just wondering what you've seen.
edit for completeness of info: I put this on my shaman who is my only healer and had him cast the 110 blood spell

I've also had problems with cures ever since I started using KA. I typically just tank through them, but obviously can't here. It seems like sometimes the trigger gets caught and they'll hit something, and other times it won't. Maybe because they're busy or something? I've never tested a ton.

Does this work for you as is and on its own? I was thinking the cure would need to be cast twice for the two dots. I just tested this and it worked on the first trigger, then failed the second and third (edit to clarify: the event seemed to trigger every time but the second and third characters who got the DT still died) I'm curious if the first passed because KA caught the trigger and hit RC or something. Just wondering what you've seen.
edit for completeness of info: I put this on my shaman who is my only healer and had him cast the 110 blood spell
unfortunately, that event is going to /mqp off before it casts the spell. So KA is going to resume control before the spell cast happens. Also, this cure can take up to 3 casts to clear the DT. When a player gets cured, there is a chance that they are immediately hit with a 2nd debuff on a different resist. When you cure the 2nd, there is another chance that they will get a 3rd debuff that also needs to be cured or that player will still get DT'd.

unfortunately, that event is going to /mqp off before it casts the spell. So KA is going to resume control before the spell cast happens. Also, this cure can take up to 3 casts to clear the DT. When a player gets cured, there is a chance that they are immediately hit with a 2nd debuff on a different resist. When you cure the 2nd, there is another chance that they will get a 3rd debuff that also needs to be cured or that player will still get DT'd.
Oof I didn’t realize there was a possibility of a third. Any suggestions? I realized after posting that I think @deathlock runs a sham/clr combo and that might be why his worked and mine didn’t.

Oof I didn’t realize there was a possibility of a third. Any suggestions? I realized after posting that I think @deathlock runs a sham/clr combo and that might be why his worked and mine didn’t.
well, you need a /timed added to the last /mqpause off

TBH, I don't use an event for this. MQ2Cleric and MQ2Shaman with usecures checked has always cured it every time.

Anyone else do the Griklor the restless raid recently... had an issue with our events last night (the same events we've been using the last year and working fine) just pausing our toons and spinning in circles or running into walls. Some were great, some where dead in the water....

Griklor Raid Events:
[GriklorChase]
trigger=#*#Griklor the Restless roars and points at#1#.
command=/if (${Spawn[=${EventArg1}].ID}==${Me.ID}) /multiline ; /gsay Off to get Griklor; /docommand /${Me.Class.ShortName} pause on; /nav id ${Spawn[Griklor].ID}; /timed 26 /stick id ${Spawn[Griklor].ID} 1; /timed 100 /stick off

[GriklorReturn]
trigger=#*#Griklor the Restless tries to control his mount as shards of deadly ice strike it.#*#
command=/if (${Spawn[=${EventArg1}].ID}==${Me.ID}) /multiline ; /docommand /${Me.Class.ShortName} pause off; /nav id ${Group.MainAssist.ID}

[Bethun Rush]
trigger=#*#Gather! This fire should protect you from the sleet#*#
command=/multiline ; /docommand /${Me.Class.ShortName} mode 0; /rsay Bethun is up everyone move to her; /nav id ${Spawn[Bethun].ID}; /timed 180 /docommand /${Me.Class.ShortName} mode 3

Edit: I had Updated meshes and it still does it. Using MQNext.

/nav id ${Spawn[Griklor].ID}; /timed 26 /stick id ${Spawn[Griklor].ID} 1; /timed 100 /stick off

You don't want to nav and stick at the same time. They're going to try to do different things and fight each other. Do you want to nav to him or stick to him. Pick one.

/nav id ${Spawn[Griklor].ID}; /timed 26 /stick id ${Spawn[Griklor].ID} 1; /timed 100 /stick off

You don't want to nav and stick at the same time. They're going to try to do different things and fight each other. Do you want to nav to him or stick to him. Pick one.
Its using one, then the other for different reasons. Its not using both at the same time. There's a /timed 26 so the bot doesnt run straight at griklor and get stuck on shit.

I havent had issues with this event for more than a year. It just suddenly started happening. Here is the error I am getting.

1641062601833.png
Here

Last edited by a moderator:
-nan would indicate not a number

you are trying to nav to griklor's mount, which is probably why

Hi gang, how would i create an event (what would the events trigger and command line be to make an audible noise for when a character of mine receives a tell please

Plugin - MQ2Events

Users who are viewing this thread

Back