• You've discovered RedGuides 📕 an EverQuest multi-boxing community 🛡️🧙🗡️. We want you to play several EQ characters at once, come join us and say hello! 👋
  • IS THIS SITE UGLY? Change the look. To dismiss this notice, click the X --->
Resource icon

Plugin - MQ2Events (3 Viewers)

hey sic, you think theres a way to set events up to auto pickup and place the goop from Seeking Sorcerer event? Been doing it with a hotkey but if i could setup my bard to auto do it would be sweet
[goop]
trigger=#1#Icebound Bledrek shouts "the message he does right before placing a straw pile(willhave to look next time i do it)"
command=/multiline ; /mqp on; /clear target; /itemtarget lichen; /nav target; /pause 3; /click left item; /autoinv; /useitem lichen|Tank
repeat for Bled Enraged

Think that would work? might have to try it and see lol
hey sic, you think theres a way to set events up to auto pickup and place the goop from Seeking Sorcerer event? Been doing it with a hotkey but if i could setup my bard to auto do it would be sweet
[goop]
trigger=#1#Icebound Bledrek shouts "the message he does right before placing a straw pile(willhave to look next time i do it)"
command=/multiline ; /mqp on; /clear target; /itemtarget lichen; /nav target; /pause 3; /click left item; /autoinv; /useitem lichen|Tank
repeat for Bled Enraged

Think that would work? might have to try it and see lol
well,

your /pause 3 there does nothing

if you need/want to "stagger" things you have to use a progressively larger /timed value. all items in a multiline try to happen at the same time. so if you need to execute sequential items you will need to make it look something like below.

INI:
/multiline ; /echo hi; /timed 10 /echo hi 1 second after button press; /timed 50 /echo hi 5 seconds after button press; /timed 200 /echo hi 20 seconds after button press;

I am brand new to this Plugin, and as far as this type of stuff__________ ${If[${Me.Sitting} _________________ I am clueless.

Big question, where can I find a crash course on those types of conditions to write into my things as I progress (not that specifically, but all that type of stuff $,{,BOL ETC..

Thank you in advance

and the question I was hoping for a fast answer how do I make events command /grind unpause after REZ?

Any thoughts on how to command an event for the tantorlings to back away a certain distance (say...65) and continue doing other normal stuff? Using CWTN plugins. I imagine I could create a StickHow and switch to that, but I'm looking for something a little more general in case those not using said plugins want to mimic the same behavior or less technical for those uncomfortable with digging into the ini.

Any thoughts on how to command an event for the tantorlings to back away a certain distance (say...65) and continue doing other normal stuff? Using CWTN plugins. I imagine I could create a StickHow and switch to that, but I'm looking for something a little more general in case those not using said plugins want to mimic the same behavior or less technical for those uncomfortable with digging into the ini.

Not entirely sure moving back would solve it since they call out and chase random people. Best bet would be an event to kite them like the main boss.

Testing out a situation where I need multiple delays in a command. I believe it should be supported, but I'm not getting the results I expect. For purposes of testing, I don't need an event. The following command replicates the scenario close enough.

/timed 15 /if (${Target.Name.Equal[<group member name>]}) /multiline /echo test1; /timed 25 /echo test2

I get the first echo after the 1.5 second delay (if the group member is actually targeted). I'm not seeing the second. What am I missing here?

Testing out a situation where I need multiple delays in a command. I believe it should be supported, but I'm not getting the results I expect. For purposes of testing, I don't need an event. The following command replicates the scenario close enough.

/timed 15 /if (${Target.Name.Equal[<group member name>]}) /multiline /echo test1; /timed 25 /echo test2

I get the first echo after the 1.5 second delay (if the group member is actually targeted). I'm not seeing the second. What am I missing here?
your multiline doesn't have a delimiter - well in this case you're saying "/echo" is my delimiter

/multiline ; /echo test 1; /timed 25 /echo test 2;
like:
/multiline ; /echo hi; /timed 10 /echo hi 1 second after button press; /timed 50 /echo hi 5 seconds after button press; /timed 200 /echo hi 20 seconds after button press;

For the Trigger itself I know that putting #1# is saying if the named target of the emote is ME.

What is the ## text needed to react if the target is the MA?

For example for the Aten Ha Ra group mission I made:

[Aten Run SE]
trigger=#*#points at #1# with one arm, while holding a finger to her lips.#*#
command=/if (${EventArg1.Find[${Me}]} ) /multiline ; /${Me.Class.ShortName} pause on ; /nav wp Aten_SE; /target clear; /timed 250 /${Me.Class.ShortName} pause off ; /${Me.Class.ShortName} mode 2

This will pause my plugin run myself away from the group to the other side of the room if I get the silence AE emote and wait a short time then unpause and turn on chase assist so it runs back to the group. Works great.

Now I want to take that same trigger but change it so if the MA (Essentially the Tank) gets the same emote, the character will do the same thing, Pause and run away until the emote is up and then run back after. I tried #MA# and it didnt work.

For the Trigger itself I know that putting #1# is saying if the named target of the emote is ME.

What is the ## text needed to react if the target is the MA?

For example for the Aten Ha Ra group mission I made:

[Aten Run SE]
trigger=#*#points at #1# with one arm, while holding a finger to her lips.#*#
command=/if (${EventArg1.Find[${Me}]} ) /multiline ; /${Me.Class.ShortName} pause on ; /nav wp Aten_SE; /target clear; /timed 250 /${Me.Class.ShortName} pause off ; /${Me.Class.ShortName} mode 2

This will pause my plugin run myself away from the group to the other side of the room if I get the silence AE emote and wait a short time then unpause and turn on chase assist so it runs back to the group. Works great.

Now I want to take that same trigger but change it so if the MA (Essentially the Tank) gets the same emote, the character will do the same thing, Pause and run away until the emote is up and then run back after. I tried #MA# and it didnt work.

/nav wp Aten_SE is this just a navloc command?

I would suggest having your group run away from the MA. She summons and won't your bots just follow?

I am trying really hard to make an mq2event, but it is just beyond my grasp. Why is this not working?

INI:
[Need Shei DT Cure]
trigger=#*#Shei Vinitras shouts, '#*#, You are unworthy.'#*#
command=/multiline ; /mqp on ; /stopcast ; /target ${Me.Name} ; /cast 8 ; /gsay Saving you from DT ; /mqp off

I have this in my cleric and my shaman so they each cast a group cure. But neither of them are doing crap.

I am trying really hard to make an mq2event, but it is just beyond my grasp. Why is this not working?

INI:
[Need Shei DT Cure]
command=/multiline ; /mqp on ; /stopcast ; /target ${Me.Name} ; /cast 8 ; /gsay Saving you from DT ; /mqp off

I have this in my cleric and my shaman so they each cast a group cure. But neither of them are doing crap.
are they not just automatically curing you?

"/cast 8" bit.

So when you go to cast something there are a lot of things you need to take into consideration.
Are you already casting?
Are you currently in global cooldown?
Are you moving?
Are you silenced?
Are you invulnerable?
Are you within range of the intended target?
Is the gem in question in cool down?

as a few of the things that you might need to consider prior to casting a spell.

The assumption is that your 8th gem is your group cure.
Being this is your cleric and or shaman, it's plausible to think one or both are already casting.
Depending on how the group is setup they may or may not be in motion at the time you try to cast (which would interrupt the cast)
Silence/Invulnerable are less likely, but also kinda based on what you're engaged with in combat to make that determination based on known information about the spawn.
Range again is based on the expectations of how your group will be laid out in the scenario. So if it's safe to assume they're in range, then it can be safely ignored.

So there's a large quantity of reasons as to why it might not work. But I suppose the biggest questions here is...

Does the gsay trigger but it doesn't work?
or
Does it not trigger any portion of the event at all?

are they not just automatically curing you?
Nope, I don't think my cures have every worked.

[General]
KissAssistVer=12.002
CharInfo=Shaman|117|GOLD

INI:
[Cures]
CuresOn=3
CuresSize=4
Cures1=Radiant Cure
Cures2=Purified Spirits
Cures3=Improved Pure Spirit
Cures4=Blood of Tevik

#  CuresOn=0/1/2/3
#  1 = Everybody, 2=Self only, 3=Group only

The Trigger is not making the command line go off. Is there something wrong with the trigger format?

The Trigger is not making the command line go off. Is there something wrong with the trigger format?
I changed the command line:

command=/multiline ; /mqpause on ; /stopcast ; /target ${Me.Name} ; /cast 13 ; /gsay Saving you from DT ; /timed 250 /mqpause off

The multiline works but is never triggered.

From Log

Shei Vinitras shouts, 'MyName, You are unworthy.'

I assume it is the #*# I am using in place of a name. I thought that would just make it use anyone's name said.

Last edited:
It's hard to say since I'm not able to reproduce this for myself.

You could try simplifying the trigger.
trigger=Shei Vinitras shouts#*#You are unworthy#*#

#*# means "anything could be here" so since the trigger would likely Start out exactly as shown there, there's no reason to expect anything before Shei Vinitras shouts therefore can be removed.

Keeping with the above meaning "anything could be here" you shouldn't need to be specific with commas, apostrophe's or punctuation. So my modification eliminates all of that by including it as part of the "anything could be here"

When you would want to include those tidbits is when you are using them as an EventArg and you want to specifically catch certain text that is limited in formatting. Such as a name. But since you're not actually using any EventArgs there's no reason to be so specific.

Thanks for all the help. Nailed it down:

INI:
[Need Shei DT Cure]
trigger=Shei Vinitras shouts#*#You are unworthy#*#
command=/multiline ; /mqpause on ; /stopcast ; /target ${Me.Name} ;/timed 5  /cast 11 ; /gsay Saving you from DT ; /mqpause off

These events worked great. But need something to make the whole group run from the MA if he's called. The MA will run and the mob will follow and the group will also beating on the mob.

Try this /sigh
/bcg //multiline ; /mqpause on; /nav wp Aten_SE; /target clear; /timed 150 /mqpause off

Also if you are super slow, you can get a different emote. It will FD you and you have to stand. The trigger is below with a slightly modified command line.

INI:
[Nav Loc2]
trigger=#*#Dust and blood on the floor around |${Me}| begins to rise from the ground.#*#
command=/multiline ; /mqpause on; /nav wp Aten_SE; /target clear; /timed 150 /stand; /mqpause off

Try this /sigh
/bcg //multiline ; /mqpause on; /nav wp Aten_SE; /target clear; /timed 150 /mqpause off

Also if you are super slow, you can get a different emote. It will FD you and you have to stand. The trigger is below with a slightly modified command line.

INI:
[Nav Loc2]
trigger=#*#Dust and blood on the floor around |${Me}| begins to rise from the ground.#*#
command=/multiline ; /mqpause on; /nav wp Aten_SE; /target clear; /timed 150 /stand; /mqpause off

Just quickly glancing at that, I'd think anyone running ctwn plugins would have issues with it. I think you'd have to pause those plugins, pause mq, clear target, and THEN issue the nav command. Thoughts?

Just quickly glancing at that, I'd think anyone running ctwn plugins would have issues with it. I think you'd have to pause those plugins, pause mq, clear target, and THEN issue the nav command. Thoughts?
I do not use those plugins, so I am not sure how to write it for them to work. Heck, I am struggling as it is :)

You would just need to add a
INI:
/${Me.Class.ShortName} pause on
to make it work for the class plugins.

For this to work we have to manually set up this Waypoint? Can you short explain how to do so if needed?
to get the ui to show (MQNext) its /nav ui .. and it will show the box that sic posted earlier in this thread.

after you make it, either zone or reload the mq2nav so it reloads the ini file. i made it while in there and it did NOT like that idea for my group.

Why not just navigate to a specific location? Why screw with making everyone make a waypoint which is likely going to be different than everyone else's and thus produce different results?

Out of curiosity, what happens if, due to variable usage, it's possible that a single emote can be a match to 2 Event triggers? Do both commands get executed simultaneously? Does one supersede the other? How would the priority be determined?

After loading up MQ2Next a few things seem to not work after the merge.
One of them being MQ2Events. The files seem like they are in the right spot but they won’t load or show listed. When I try to reload the plug-in I get this error.
5A1D22E8-C105-48D4-8FAB-DBA5A1C8C8B8.jpeg

After loading up MQ2Next a few things seem to not work after the merge.
One of them being MQ2Events. The files seem like they are in the right spot but they won’t load or show listed. When I try to reload the plug-in I get this error.
View attachment 35791
let the launcher download the correct files for you, this looks like perhaps you copied over some mq2 files into your next

or you installed your next folder on top of your mq2 folder or vice versa - you definitely don't want to do that.

Plugin - MQ2Events

Users who are viewing this thread

Back