• You've discovered RedGuides 📕 an EverQuest multi-boxing community 🛡️🧙🗡️. We want you to play several EQ characters at once, come join us and say hello! 👋
  • IS THIS SITE UGLY? Change the look. To dismiss this notice, click the X --->
MQ2DanNet

Plugin - MQ2DanNet (1 Viewer)

probably documented somewhere, sorry i didnt RTFM first, but was in a hurry..i

If i am playing with a friend who is using plugin's and he is in a different location....is there a way to send him messages via the normal communication methods?

probably documented somewhere, sorry i didnt RTFM first, but was in a hurry..i

If i am playing with a friend who is using plugin's and he is in a different location....is there a way to send him messages via the normal communication methods?
Dannet is a peer-to-peer system, so it sort of "autodiscovers" via broadcast packets.. this works great on the same LAN segment.. ie not passing through any routers..

It doesnt work so well when you and your friend are each at their own homes.. because it auto does stuff, you cant really specify your friend's location, and Dannet wont be able to see it..

EQBC would be able to, but with a fair bit of configuring, and whoever is running the EQBC server application would have to ensure external firewall ports are not blocked, allowing them access in, as well as the 'remote" person configuring their client to connect to that said server to communicate.. its like a relay server.. everyone sends through it..

lots of technical specifics to say, no dannet wont do it.. at least no way **I** know of!

This has probably been asked a dozen times b4, so sorry. Hopefully someone has a quick answer.

I just switched from Mozilla's VPN back to NordVPN, and now Dannet is not working.

I have split tunneling set up and all my EQ instances are excluded from the VPN. Is there something else I need to do?

Edit: My interface looks correct
1686242383653.png

Last edited:
This has probably been asked a dozen times b4, so sorry. Hopefully someone has a quick answer.

I just switched from Mozilla's VPN back to NordVPN, and now Dannet is not working.

I have split tunneling set up and all my EQ instances are excluded from the VPN. Is there something else I need to do?

Edit: My interface looks correct
View attachment 49051
You'll need to make sure nord is allowing local traffic

You'll need to make sure nord is allowing local traffic
Still no luck.

I even switched split tunneling around, only protecting a few apps instead of excluding EQ.

I don't see any other related settings.

- EQbox chat works fine.
- Local servers on my computer like NZBGet work fine.
- I can see other network devices
- I can print

Already did a network flush. Can't think of anything else to try.

1686295967925.png

Last edited:
This seems to be an issue with NordVPN and Windows,

You may want to try another VPN service

All the people who've told me they've had issues with DanNet auto connecting their computers on their home network and I am stoked cause im setting up my 2nd pc and would be totally stoked if they autoconnected and started doing shit together out of the box... and the two wont even connect if i tell them to :P More troubleshooting to do....

All the people who've told me they've had issues with DanNet auto connecting their computers on their home network and I am stoked cause im setting up my 2nd pc and would be totally stoked if they autoconnected and started doing shit together out of the box... and the two wont even connect if i tell them to :P More troubleshooting to do....
Check out the instructions tab. A lot of time it ends up being either VPN or it ends up needing to be something where you change your interface device.

Here's, hopefully, a little help for anyone suffering from brain farts & Windows' Firewall settings. I have two computers, my main gaming computer and a workstation literally bought because I have an addiction and wanted to offload a full raid less driver(s). Due to Black Friday deals, I upgraded my main and decided to reinstall everything. Loading up EQ to check, my main group seemed to run fine from my tank, driver 1. I loaded up my kid's group and noted that the tank, driver 2, wasn't able to broadcast to his group.

After some head-scratching, I ran through Sic's troubleshooting guide, double checked the Interfaces and re-loaded all DanNet instances, but was left without an answer and driver 2 not being able to issue commands to his minions. Drivers are all on one computer and the related group characters are all on the second computer. With /dnet info, I could see:

Driver 1 could see Group 1 + Driver 2
Group 1 could see Group 1 + Group 2 except Driver 2
Driver 2 could see Driver 1
Group 2 could see all of Group 1 & 2 except Driver 1 & 2

After some NSFW language, I was prepared to hang my head and post a question on the forums.

This all sounded familiar. Maybe I forgot to correctly set up EQ on Windows Firewall when I reinstalled? Sure enough, I went into the allowed apps on both computers and enabled private network access for all of my EQ installations. That fixed it. So just in case you're like me and click without thinking in a rush to get into your game, remember there are variables outside of EQ and RG that may be causing you trouble. Like user error. And I didn't even have to disrupt Sic's game time with a forum post.
This was it -I was banging my head - like why.. and then like magic did that and everything is beautiful!

went into the allowed apps on both computers and enabled private network access for all of my EQ installations.

Since yesterday's patch I haven't been able to communicate group members that are on different machines. I mainly use Dannet and /dgga, /dgae, /dex etc have only been working on characters on the same machine not across my PC accounts to my Lap top accounts. Both are logged in under my launcher. I've never had this problem before. Any suggestions?

Since yesterday's patch I haven't been able to communicate group members that are on different machines. I mainly use Dannet and /dgga, /dgae, /dex etc have only been working on characters on the same machine not across my PC accounts to my Lap top accounts. Both are logged in under my launcher. I've never had this problem before. Any suggestions?
Check the instructions tab for mq2dannet

You probably need to adjust interface device, allow local traffic on VPN, or maybe even allow mq in your windows settings

Check the instructions tab for mq2dannet

You probably need to adjust interface device, allow local traffic on VPN, or maybe even allow mq in your windows settings
Looks like this is on the right track. I followed the instructions and noticed that my PC interfaces were connected to 0 Ethernet connection while the Laptop was connected to 0Local Area Connection
I did /dnet interface "Loopback Pseudo-Interface 1" then unloaded and loaded the plug ins back. But same problem PC doesn't talk to lap top.
Now I do notice a small difference between the numbers following the 1 [Loopback Pseudo-Interface 1] which is on my PC it is xxx.x.x.x long dash xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx where on lap top it is same numbers but two short dashes instead of a long dash.

Looks like this is on the right track. I followed the instructions and noticed that my PC interfaces were connected to 0 Ethernet connection while the Laptop was connected to 0Local Area Connection
I did /dnet interface "Loopback Pseudo-Interface 1" then unloaded and loaded the plug ins back. But same problem PC doesn't talk to lap top.
Now I do notice a small difference between the numbers following the 1 [Loopback Pseudo-Interface 1] which is on my PC it is xxx.x.x.x long dash xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx where on lap top it is same numbers but two short dashes instead of a long dash.
you don't want loopback device - you want both on the ethernet connection.

you don't want loopback device - you want both on the ethernet connection.
My laptop isn't connected to the ethernet unfortunetly. It never has been. I'm not sure what caused this issue. For the time being I'm trying to keep the groups seperate so it wont be an issue. But would like to get this resolved. I'm not sure the next step.

My laptop isn't connected to the ethernet unfortunetly. It never has been. I'm not sure what caused this issue. For the time being I'm trying to keep the groups seperate so it wont be an issue. But would like to get this resolved. I'm not sure the next step.
You want them both on whatever local area connection they are both on. Be that via WiFi or Ethernet, or can and string

You want them both on whatever local area connection they are both on. Be that via WiFi or Ethernet, or can and string
Eureka! can and string fixed it!
I set them back to Ethernet for PC and Wi-Fi for laptop, my printer wasn't printing from my laptop and it hit me that I had a router issue the other day that my satellite router to the main router shut off. So I changed the lap top to closer satellite that ran off a different wifi then the main one that the Ethernet was plugged into. I changed that Wifi back on my lap top to the main house one and problem solved!
Thanks for guidance.

This is a new functionality suggestion.

I sometimes run guys solo, sometimes grouped, and sometimes in a raid. There are certain UI buttons that I create that want to communicate with the group or the raid (whatever I happen to be in at the time). For example I have an "All Stein" to tell everyone to use their Drunkard's Stein.

I end up making hotbuttons like this:
/if (${Raid.Members}>0) /dgra /useitem Drunkard's Stein
/if (${Raid.Members}==0 && ${Me.Grouped}) /dgga /useitem Drunkard's Stein
/if (${Raid.Members}==0 && !${Me.Grouped}) /useitem Drunkard's Stein

My proposal is to add a new pair of DanNet commands that do this fiddly work for you. I would call them /dgxa and /dgxe. DanNet can translate this /dgx* into the corresponding /dgr* or /dgg* command if you're in a raid or group (respectively), and just execute the command locally if playing solo (or send the message there via /dex ${Me.Name} if that is easier). Note that /dgxe would be a "No Op" in the case of solo play, and that is fine.

So now my button above could instead look like:
/dgxa /useitem Drunkard's Stein

This is a new functionality suggestion.

I sometimes run guys solo, sometimes grouped, and sometimes in a raid. There are certain UI buttons that I create that want to communicate with the group or the raid (whatever I happen to be in at the time). For example I have an "All Stein" to tell everyone to use their Drunkard's Stein.

I end up making hotbuttons like this:
/if (${Raid.Members}>0) /dgra /useitem Drunkard's Stein
/if (${Raid.Members}==0 && ${Me.Grouped}) /dgga /useitem Drunkard's Stein
/if (${Raid.Members}==0 && !${Me.Grouped}) /useitem Drunkard's Stein

My proposal is to add a new pair of DanNet commands that do this fiddly work for you. I would call them /dgxa and /dgxe. DanNet can translate this /dgx* into the corresponding /dgr* or /dgg* command if you're in a raid or group (respectively), and just execute the command locally if playing solo (or send the message there via /dex ${Me.Name} if that is easier). Note that /dgxe would be a "No Op" in the case of solo play, and that is fine.

So now my button above could instead look like:
/dgxa /useitem Drunkard's Stein
it is a good habit to use quotation marks when you're doing a multi-worded useitem, because it is only reading your first word otherwise, and if it finds another match before it finds what you want it it, it will try and use that.

/useitem "drunkard's Stein"

can also use mq2relocate and just /relocate pok

Hi everyone :) Coming back after a couple month break and wanted to know if dannet has been updated to work with wine/crossover yet? if not I'll keep using EQBC, but I know that more stuff works with dannet than eqbc, so would love to be able to start using it

Thanks @Sic for those suggestions. I will implement those into my repertoire, however, my example (above) was *just* an example. I have similar buttons to tell my group (or raid) to stop being invisible, stop levitating, sit down, etc, etc.

Does nobody else see the upside of my suggestion? If not then I must be doing something wrong.

Thanks @Sic for those suggestions. I will implement those into my repertoire, however, my example (above) was *just* an example. I have similar buttons to tell my group (or raid) to stop being invisible, stop levitating, sit down, etc, etc.

Does nobody else see the upside of my suggestion? If not then I must be doing something wrong.
i wasn't trying to answer your question, i was trying to help you with the "guts"

I personally would use a little Lua script or i think LEM can create binds as well.

you could make a dumb hotkey utilizing ${If but seems silly

why not just use /dgae?

why not just use /dgae?
I see. So you're saying that maybe I create a dannet-group based on the name of the group/raid leader. Then when I setup my group/raid, I use a /dgra or /dgga to tell those folks to join my dannet-group and I communicate that way? This sounds like a pretty solid idea.

I suppose that alternately I could just register my own /dgxa and /dgxe commands that do what I want. Is there a way for such a command to have access to the complete (noparsed) argument string, so that I can just echo it through to the correct command, as a true pass-through? Or I suppose I could just prefix the parsed string with a "/noparse" in order to prevent the double parsing. I'll probably poke around investigating this option.

Dannet seems to be working just fine... or at least it was until I tried something different.
I have several accounts...
I am playing one set of toons on one PC and a second set of toons on a different PC (both on the same local network).
When I issue RGstart on either PC it starts running the commands on both PC's, gets confused and crashes.

What I need to know is how to stop dannet from looking across the local network and stay focused on the pc it is running on.
Thanks

Dannet seems to be working just fine... or at least it was until I tried something different.
I have several accounts...
I am playing one set of toons on one PC and a second set of toons on a different PC (both on the sane local network).
When I issue RGstart on either PC it starts running the commands on both PC's, gets confused and crashes.

What I need to know is how to stop dannet from looking across the local network and stay focused on the pc it is running on.
Thanks
change your interface device to loopback device

check in the instructions tab

Plugin - MQ2DanNet

Users who are viewing this thread

Back