• You've discovered RedGuides 📕 an EverQuest multi-boxing community 🛡️🧙🗡️. We want you to play several EQ characters at once, come join us and say hello! 👋
  • IS THIS SITE UGLY? Change the look. To dismiss this notice, click the X --->
MQ2AutoLogin

Plugin - MQ2AutoLogin (2 Viewers)

Question: Does an instance of mq2 on one computer interact or know about an instance on another? Changing one doesn't impact or require thought about the other, right?

MQ stores files locally. So all settings are local to the computer you are using. Only way this doesn't apply is if you're using some kind of file syncing like onedrive/dropbox etc.

Hi all,

I had to do a wipe of my C:\ Drive to upgrade windows. I saved an image of my old drive that I can recover specific files from.

I've just reinstalled Redguides launcher and of course all my login profiles are gone (no surprise). Were the login profiles kept in an encrypted file somewhere that I can go recover and drag into the appropriate file in my new install? I can hunt down all the passwords and logins but it won't be quick and I'd prefer to skip that if I can.

Thanks in advance!

Hi all,

I had to do a wipe of my C:\ Drive to upgrade windows. I saved an image of my old drive that I can recover specific files from.

I've just reinstalled Redguides launcher and of course all my login profiles are gone (no surprise). Were the login profiles kept in an encrypted file somewhere that I can go recover and drag into the appropriate file in my new install? I can hunt down all the passwords and logins but it won't be quick and I'd prefer to skip that if I can.

Thanks in advance!
You're going to look for MQ2AutoLogin.ini.

Is there a way to tell Autologin to open certain EQ windows on certain monitors? My use case is: i use dual monitors and am 6-boxing. I would like for my driver to be on one monitor, and the 5 other toons (who use smaller windows) to be on the other monitor. The default behavior is to open all six windows on the same monitor and then I move them as needed. Is there some ini setting that would allow me to park certain windows in certain pre-set places on start?

Is there a way to tell Autologin to open certain EQ windows on certain monitors? My use case is: i use dual monitors and am 6-boxing. I would like for my driver to be on one monitor, and the 5 other toons (who use smaller windows) to be on the other monitor. The default behavior is to open all six windows on the same monitor and then I move them as needed. Is there some ini setting that would allow me to park certain windows in certain pre-set places on start?
no

oh man i wish ! Every day, I do the same thing lol

Yep they all open on whichever monitor the last client was logged off from.. saves that position.. I am exactly the same as you, my driving toon on my main monitor, and the rest of my rabble on the other monitor..

manydills said:

I had the exact same issue, so I grabbed isboxer. I only use it for window management.

EDIT - Added manydills comment for clarification.

Last edited:
Hi all,

I tried to read over the Wiki but did not see a direct answer to my question. Does MQ2AutoLogin bypass the regular EQ Launcher? Please allow me to explain what or why I am asking.

Currently, I am up to around 12 accounts. The EQ Launcher only remembers the last 10 accounts. Could I use MQ2ogin to log in all 12 accounts, resources on my computer permitting? I know when you go through the launcher you have to do the Accept Terms when using an account not already listed in the drop down.

Thanks for the reply.

Be well.

P.S. Just thought about this and figure I might throw it out here. Is 32 gigs of RAM enough to run 12 accounts? The processor is a Ryzen 7 5700X. Vid card is EVGA RTX 3050.

Hi all,

I tried to read over the Wiki but did not see a direct answer to my question. Does MQ2AutoLogin bypass the regular EQ Launcher? Please allow me to explain what or why I am asking.

Currently, I am up to around 12 accounts. The EQ Launcher only remembers the last 10 accounts. Could I use MQ2ogin to log in all 12 accounts, resources on my computer permitting? I know when you go through the launcher you have to do the Accept Terms when using an account not already listed in the drop down.

Thanks for the reply.

Be well.

P.S. Just thought about this and figure I might throw it out here. Is 32 gigs of RAM enough to run 12 accounts? The processor is a Ryzen 7 5700X. Vid card is EVGA RTX 3050.
It will feed the login information for you, so bypasses the limit of the launcher remembering accounts, the plugin "remembers" for you. I currently log in 36 at a time.

32gb is enough to run 12, each session will use less than 2gb, much less if you optimize sessions.

It will feed the login information for you, so bypasses the limit of the launcher remembering accounts, the plugin "remembers" for you. I currently log in 36 at a time.

32gb is enough to run 12, each session will use less than 2gb, much less if you optimize sessions.

Thanks LW. Back in 1999 I was a one account, one toon type of guy. Since coming back to EQ last year, I have caught the boxing itch. :)

I will try to research session optimization and content/mini-raids doable by two groups. Again many thanks for the fast reply.

Be well. Happy gaming.

Are the character_Blob=XXXXXX line the same for each character? Say I want to make a new group. Can I copy-paste the character to the new group with no issues?

EDIT: I was worried I'd break something if I just did it, but I decided to try anyway, and it works, so there is the answer to my question :)

Last edited:
MQ2autologin update is almost amazing, but not quite.
updated mq2 and setup profile
load six accounts and the first account crashed
reboot computer and try again
load same six account and #2,#3,#5 crashed

Probable just my crappy internet service, I have long noticed that I have to load each account slowly. Get more then 3 or 4 loading at the same time and some aren't gonna make it.

Also, for the less skilled typists among us the possibility of editing the profiles would be nice. Appears if you mess up your typing you get to delete the entry in the ini file and start over.

Very sorry I won't be able to use this...
If the pc is slower ... try making 2 sets of log ins , log in like a set of 3 at a time instead of all 6 at once .. even if its the internet this would work for ya, ya just might need to make 2 log in profiles and load the second after the 1st ones done .. just a thought,,

If the pc is slower ... try making 2 sets of log ins , log in like a set of 3 at a time instead of all 6 at once .. even if its the internet this would work for ya, ya just might need to make 2 log in profiles and load the second after the 1st ones done .. just a thought,,
You just responded to a post 7 years ago

It’s an issue of the way the site keeps track of which posts you’ve read. When a thread with old posts has new posts and you’ve used “Mark Forums Read” it takes you to the first one you didn’t read.

was either what knightly said or because Berkz made himself an entirely new thread called MQ2AutoLogin instead of posting in the mq2autologin thread. so it got merged. XenForo doesn't think it should take you to the merged thread, and instead to the first page

I am attempting to setup an autolign profile and it launches the game, gets to the server select screen and just sits there. When I hit the "Play Everquest" button it loads to the character screen, the screen flashes black for a second then goes back to the server select screen. I am in a loop of this and can't figure out what I did wrong.

I am attempting to setup an autolign profile and it launches the game, gets to the server select screen and just sits there. When I hit the "Play Everquest" button it loads to the character screen, the screen flashes black for a second then goes back to the server select screen. I am in a loop of this and can't figure out what I did wrong.
is this for emu? http://docs.macroquest.org/plugins/core-plugins/mq2autologin/#custom-server-names
if not for emu, check your spelling of your server short name

Hi, I'm having an issue since the last update.

I have a ton of accounts I mess around on/box old raids on, and I used to be able to log them all in using the Launcher and AutoLogin no problem. Since the last update, it stops working after a # of toons (maybe 52? 54-ish)? It will load up the windows, but it will not log anymore toons on. I've tried this on both my computers, I haven't changed any settings or done anything at all since the last Mq2 update. Is anyone else running into this issue?

Thanks!

I had a similar issue, this is for emu using the PEQ login server
I am making the transison from mq2 legacy to next, and getting a few glitches, this one i have sorted

Legacy autologin works fine, but when i exported the profiles and imported to next, the autologin would load each char and would go thru the login/password ok but as the character screen would normally appear it would cycle back to the login and login again, it would not go past the char select.
After some playing it seems the server shortname has to be the same as the character .ini files
eg
on Legacy in the servers section
pl=Project Lazarus
ez=EZ Server - Custom Zones Vendors Quests Items etc
works fine, but on next it just keeps cycling every character

changing the server shorname on next to
Project Lazarus=Project Lazarus
EZ (Linux) x4 Exp=EZ Server - Custom Zones Vendors Quests Items etc
works fine and log all in normally

Just for anyone having similar problems

NB
I also tried making a profile with the pl shortname prefix but still no go, so next shortname seems that it has to be what the character ini gives as the server name.

Thanks for all the work put in to this, i'm getting there :)

Hey guys,

Everything has been such a disaster since the patch...I can't get mq2autologin to work properly. Most of my toons just sit there at the "Logging into server, please wait..." screen forever. Some of them (2 or 3 out of many) will log in ok, but the rest are just stuck there. Have tried restarting PC, MQ is up to date, EQ is up to date. Was not a problem prior to the patch. Any ideas for this? Anyone experiencing the same?

Thanks.

sure does (in answer the the thread you posted entitled "MQ2autologin not working" - and i moved your quesiton into the autologin discussion thread).

Last edited:
Any idea why it may not be working for me? I do see the autologin window, I can log the toons in manually, and I haven't changed anything since the last time it was working properly.
well considering you say some of your toons are working, and others are not, it sounds like a potential system/resource problem.

the eq update introduced all sorts of performance issues for folks, so you might be having that happen to you.

but since it works on some of your toons i wouldn't imagine that means that autologin is fullstop broken

Ok, this was entirely my fault, but I had one toon whose info I didn't have written down anywhere, and I only had the login info on MQ2autologin. I deleted that toon from autologin, and it's no longer available via the interface or .ini.

Is there any way to look at old/cached versions of auto login to get access to this toon back or am I SOL on this one?

Thanks.

Ok, this was entirely my fault, but I had one toon whose info I didn't have written down anywhere, and I only had the login info on MQ2autologin. I deleted that toon from autologin, and it's no longer available via the interface or .ini.

Is there any way to look at old/cached versions of auto login to get access to this toon back or am I SOL on this one?

Thanks.
nope. the INI is the only place it was kept.

I noticed this start happening yesterday too...

Autologin wouldn't work (it just loaded to the login screen with no injections, and the auto-login profile in the username field). When I login manually, MQ window nor any CWTN windows appear. The only way to get it to work again is to delete the entire folder and reinstall everything from scratch. The only thing that has changed for me is adding the MQ2Rogue plugin which I assume was not the issue. Once I get everything installed and configured again, it will work until I log out. Then, next time I have to reinstall again before anything works again

Actually, after thinking about it for a bit longer, before this started happening, I had updated to the 7/25 version from my previous install on 7/21. Not sure if there is something with the patch maybe?

I noticed this start happening yesterday too...

Autologin wouldn't work (it just loaded to the login screen with no injections, and the auto-login profile in the username field). When I login manually, MQ window nor any CWTN windows appear. The only way to get it to work again is to delete the entire folder and reinstall everything from scratch. The only thing that has changed for me is adding the MQ2Rogue plugin which I assume was not the issue. Once I get everything installed and configured again, it will work until I log out. Then, next time I have to reinstall again before anything works again

Actually, after thinking about it for a bit longer, before this started happening, I had updated to the 7/25 version from my previous install on 7/21. Not sure if there is something with the patch maybe?
Ive been using the newest patch perfectly fine, as have hundreds (or thousands?) of other users. This sounds like a issue with either read/write permissions, or the file being locked, and once MQ shuts down it reverts to default.

This sounds like a issue with either read/write permissions, or the file being locked, and once MQ shuts down it reverts to default.
Is there a specific file you are referring to so I can investigate further? The fact injections stopped working all together, I am struggling to figure out which file could be causing it.

You may not want to do this, but I use different EQ folders for different accounts. I don't remember why I started doing this, but it's been this way for years. Each account's EQ window opens where it was the last time it ran. I keep 2 on one monitor and 4 on another.

Plugin - MQ2AutoLogin

Users who are viewing this thread

Back