• You've discovered RedGuides 📕 an EverQuest multi-boxing community 🛡️🧙🗡️. We want you to play several EQ characters at once, come join us and say hello! 👋
  • IS THIS SITE UGLY? Change the look. To dismiss this notice, click the X --->

Question - Most Dreaded Camp? (1 Viewer)

tduclos88

RedCents
25¢
Which Item did you camp the longest for? Think mine was the mask in lower guk! ugh took so long! Or maybe one of the magic epic items, its been soooooo long!

Well straight through it was jboots. I was on the list and had to stay up and camping for 36 hours straight because I wasn't going to miss my turn. Overall I would say shaman 1.0 epic. All these years later and I still dont have the items I need.

Well straight through it was jboots. I was on the list and had to stay up and camping for 36 hours straight because I wasn't going to miss my turn. Overall I would say shaman 1.0 epic. All these years later and I still dont have the items I need.
haha totally forgot about the jboots, my cleric still has them somewhere!

Stormfeather... the mob by lodizal and ToFS1. He was part of a quest for a haste clickie mask in velours.

I'd say Quillmane and that Jboots giant, ofcourse before I had any idea about how to spawn them. But good times anyway. Its like, hated it but sooo glad you did them anyway :D

Just a few:
Refined Manisi Herb (wah - a chore to get to (in era) and then it was a thing to stay sane through this camp)
Lord Bergurgle ... I remember camping this for a friend in shifts until that bugger finally spawned after days.

I could name others but ohhhh the pain :) (like the shrink stick in The Deep ... one could think that the RNG is not my best friend).

Jboots was a nightmare for me, guy before me got them in 30 minutes. For me it was around 40 hours. Although on some other server years ago I wanted a Wood Elf illusion mask for my Iksar Warrior, and it was from a tough mob, I think an old raid mob and the respawn time was something like 3 days plus a 24 hour variance. It took me a day to find the right mob, and then I camped it for about 2 weeks to get the mask. I left my characters logged in all day and if I ever heard fighting I would run to my PC and quickly fight the mob, and each night I would log out before bed and then log back in when I woke up. I don't know why I was so determined to get that mask... I quit the game almost as soon as I got it and didn't play again until 2 years later when I started on some other server. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

I had a nightmare with the shrink wand in the deep. Many evenings camping that. Not as bad as some of the Raster stories though.

Quillmane. I quit EQ over that camp. I came back about a year later, leveled up a bit more, and then found out about ShowEQ ... it was a short jump to MQ2 after that. I went from almost having my epic pet at lvl 55 (which would have been awesome) to not getting it until lvl 65 (when it wasn't relevant anymore).

Well, you stole my answer on the jboots. It was the first camp I remember being in where you literally had to join a wait list and wait for a day or two before even getting in the group, and then the group basically took turns sleeping (or literally just falling asleep face down at keyboard). You’d lose your mind trying all manner of rumored ways to get Drelzna to spawn (if x mob is up, if you stand in this part of room, etc.) No way I’d do that nowadays.

I quit the game soon after Jboots - which I never got - but returned a couple years later and was successful in getting them even though it was just a nostalgia thing - Quill was no problem but the one I have yet to get is Pyzjn in Qeynos Hills

I quit the game soon after Jboots - which I never got - but returned a couple years later and was successful in getting them even though it was just a nostalgia thing - Quill was no problem but the one I have yet to get is Pyzjn in Qeynos Hills

A man after my own heart. I love doing old content just for the sake of it. Before everything was dumbed down and all available in Pok, I used to quest for days and weeks for old spells I'd never even use. I just love being in old content, spent a few hours the other night just running about Firiona Vie (the zone) with a few glasses of wine. Just exploring, talking to NPCs, reading up some lore etc, got in a bit of fishing. Love it.

Sorry for the Necro...

Quillmane.... Trying to get the cloak for Mage 1.0 then Plane of Sky to finish. Got her PH's down but she only drops legs... This Mage 1.0 is just for the achievement as I am lvl 75

I remember a mob in Hot T3, on one of the al kabor island. Took me 3 days to make it pop. Playing 12+h a day. Was my longuest xp session at the same camp. I even camped toons at the camp at the end of days

1606896868952.png

Last edited:
jboots was my longest also but there was a time when the game first released and we started level capping that it was so crazy a schedule had to be made to keep the peace.

It could be a week before you got a chance to roll for loot on some on that stuff.

Back in the day Stormfeather was Uber camped and timers always had it on lockdown.

Before good knowledge of the spawn and pathing I would have to say Eldrig the Old was painful to get to pop.

QUILLMANE MADE ME QUIT EQ FOR ONE YEAR.

Yes, all caps. It was THAT traumatic for me. I was super proud of the fact that I had gotten most of the mage 1.0 stuff done as a lowbie (lvl 54) mage in time for the pet to actually be relevant to me. Unfortunately, I ran into the little issue of Quillmane and the fact that he wouldn't spawn. I got into ShowEQ and MQ2 precisely because of Quillmane.

Stormfeather was the worst. Not only took forever to spawn, but just trying to find the camp open and not already taken. I eventually got sort of lucky. I was bound there and during a raid wipe, I respawned naked and staring right at Stormfeather. Was an interesting fight that I finally won while my guild was yelling at me to accept the rez, LOL

Oh and the bitch witch that used to spawn with the orb in Qeynos Hills below where the putrid skellys spawned...this is probably way back too far for most to remember but, it was one of the first items that seemed to be worth looking for when it was out.

Question - Most Dreaded Camp?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back