• You've discovered RedGuides 📕 an EverQuest multi-boxing community 🛡️🧙🗡️. We want you to play several EQ characters at once, come join us and say hello! 👋
  • IS THIS SITE UGLY? Change the look. To dismiss this notice, click the X --->

Kill high end Luclin / Gates / OOW mobs w/o Ghosting. (1 Viewer)

Thats good to know. Using rage volley disc I got him down to 96% then i started moving around and got mugged. I'll try it one last time with only rage volley. If it doesnt work...WTB Bard pst.

lebroba said:
Thats good to know. Using rage volley disc I got him down to 96% then i started moving around and got mugged. I'll try it one last time with only rage volley. If it doesnt work...WTB Bard pst.

Even as a Bard i've learned while killing these mobs once i move i pull massive aggro. If i don't fade fast enough i get owned lol.

Has anyone succesfully used this method to kill Umbiki in Vxed? Whenever I try to kill him he gets aggro and summons me, he is not a static spawn like all the others so I have to wait till he stops for a moment then start twisting quickly. I am able to kill everything else fine. thinking of making a macro to port to him and start twisting instantly on spawn so he doesnt get a chance to move from his spawn point. would that work?

mac something like this, not sure if i have the correct TLO's though:
Rich (BB code):
/declare WarpZ int outer 1

Sub Main

:loopstart
/if (${Spawn.Name}==Umbiki) {
   /target umbiki
   /varcalc WarpZ ${Target.Z.Int}-200
   /warp loc ${Target.Y} ${Target.X} ${WarpZ}
   /twist 2 3 4 5
   /if (${Target.ID}==FALSE) /twist off
}
/goto :loopstart
/return

Last edited:
does anyone have a walk-thru for the IK trials? I read and read and kill this and that im getting all screwed up. please help

thanks in advance

lance173 said:
Has anyone succesfully used this method to kill Umbiki in Vxed? Whenever I try to kill him he gets aggro and summons me, he is not a static spawn like all the others so I have to wait till he stops for a moment then start twisting quickly. I am able to kill everything else fine. thinking of making a macro to port to him and start twisting instantly on spawn so he doesnt get a chance to move from his spawn point. would that work?

mac something like this, not sure if i have the correct TLO's though:
Rich (BB code):
/declare WarpZ int outer 1

Sub Main

:loopstart
/if (${Spawn.Name}==Umbiki) {
   /target umbiki
   /varcalc WarpZ ${Target.Z.Int}-200
   /warp loc ${Target.Y} ${Target.X} ${WarpZ}
   /twist 2 3 4 5
   /if (${Target.ID}==FALSE) /twist off
}
/goto :loopstart
/return

DID HIM TODAY!

after kiting awhile all i did was
/tar Umbiki
/warp target
/warp succor

then i took his loc and made last number -250

/warp loc blah blah -250
/twist my 4 dots till he's dead
/tar umbiki
/cast invul
/warp target
/loot
/warp succor

I take no credit all these are in earlier posts
hope this helps!

(${Spawn.Name}==Umbiki)

Should be
(${Spawn[Umbiki].ID})

or something like that.

and the way you have it set up (no delay), it'll be warping VERY fast, over and over again. You may want to put in a delay or an event when he's out of range.

And I don't know if declarations work outside of a sub, but even if they do it's better practice to but them inside.

That said if you position yourself between the wall segment of his path you can have him in range for most of the path...

There is actually 2 spots where umbiki can spawn. One is a static spawn and one is a wandering spawn. If he spawns in the wandering spot you can not use this method, if he spawns in the the static spot you can. After a while you can tell which one he is at.

I responded to a question and thought i was on the last page, but i wasnt and the question was already answered

Last edited:
I got through Ikky 1 ok doing this, but in ikky2 whenever i go outside the boundaries it lets me warp there for 1-4 seconds and warps me back to succor spot. Anyone have any ideas? i have tried the same spots i used for ikky1 and its poofing me back, also tried outside walls at even levels, and Z +200 and -200 levels.

hamonry said:
I got through Ikky 1 ok doing this, but in ikky2 whenever i go outside the boundaries it lets me warp there for 1-4 seconds and warps me back to succor spot. Anyone have any ideas? i have tried the same spots i used for ikky1 and its poofing me back, also tried outside walls at even levels, and Z +200 and -200 levels.

you need to kill the first 3 mobs at entrance by door first. all i do is warp in wall the twist till all 3 are dead. from there i click door and /warp succor and fade the you can warp anywhere

I tried using this last night in rathe mountains hoping to kill one of the captains, but kept ending up on the same z axis as the mob i was trying to kill. Does this not work in certain zones or was I not dropping far enough? I tried to go 200, 250, and 300 below the loc i got off of the MQ2 target loc display with the same result each time. Anyway, please advise one way or the other, thanks

Chuck

CharlieMurpheyPHD said:
I tried using this last night in rathe mountains hoping to kill one of the captains, but kept ending up on the same z axis as the mob i was trying to kill. Does this not work in certain zones or was I not dropping far enough? I tried to go 200, 250, and 300 below the loc i got off of the MQ2 target loc display with the same result each time. Anyway, please advise one way or the other, thanks

Chuck

Pretty sure this has been nerfed somewhat...maybe with a certain type of Z Axis warping. I've never, ever had success with this.

/zwarp -900

/warp loc 0 0 -900 (Where 0 was ground level)

Nothing has ever worked

CharlieMurpheyPHD said:

Chuck

That is how this stuff gets nerfed. Stop trying this stuff in non instanced zones. The wars are highly watched by gms. Besides you cant warp under the earth in most noninstaced zones, you have to use walls. But I will repeat .....Stop trying this stuff in non instanced zones!!!

Ok first off is it possible to solo ikk 1 with a wizzy. If it is possible what were your tactics, where did you warp to ect. I have tried the way I killed the kyv in tipt and it did not work, I was just wondering if anyone could share there experiences with solo this task.

Thanks,
Woz

I tried ikky 1 i'm a wiz and i could only get the DD down to about 50% before I went OOM. I herd it said if you can keep damage on her every 6 secs she won't regen well i spammed her with Black Ice which is a base of 3 sec cast time mine is 2.5 with a refresh of about 2 secs. then So that's 4.5 secs for me for the whole cycle and she still regen'd during that time I would hit her watch her percentage health drop and then watch it go back up before I could recast.
so it went like this.
2.5 secs
nuke hit's
2 secs refresh
2.5 secs
nuke hit's

so you can see between each damage there is only a max of 4.5 secs and she still regen'd so i don't believe the 6 sec regen is right.

Yes of course I was warped off the map behind her. And you can't z axis warp in ikky. You have to warp between the walls of the map in the black space there.

I have played with friends taking down many high mobs like this. It is best to have a bard along to deal manaless dmg while the casters can med and stuff. 66 bard, 70 shm, 70 clr, and 70 wiz takes down the mobs hp quick :D . So its best to have a friend with a bard or just pl one high enough so u can duo them

Is there anychance you could share the loc you used, for DD and the mob you need to kill to make DD killable?

Has anyone tried any DoN instances with this for faming crystals? If so, in which ones can you use this trick? Also please let me know if this is a bad idea (like tyring to do it for the GM event mobs :rolleyes: ) that will get it nerfed.

Yes this does work for DoN there is a thread or two about it...not really a bad idea since it is in an instaced zone but like anything ya just gotta be carefull and use things in moderation =o

Yea I use this everytime when I 2box a Lair of the Blackwing DoN because none of my characters are high enough faction to get rivals yet :(

It is taking forever!!!! Gotten like 30 faction hits since I was amiably and still ain't kindly yet. Anybody know how many faction hits it takes to get kindly from amiably?

the way i got DDs loc to kill was to

/Target Diab
/nokos on
/warp target
/warp succor

/warp loc <DDs loc (Loc you warped to) , and -900 the last number>

also if you have Soultakers build of MQ2 , yuo can target a mob , press F11 and it displays a whole load of useful info

hey jum i believe you have to be done with Tier 1 Tasks/Missions to get abova Amiable I may be wrong though

Liezard said:
hey jum i believe you have to be done with Tier 1 Tasks/Missions to get abova Amiable I may be wrong though

Nope I have 2 characters that are max ally and have not done a single progression task. Just have to do alot of token turn ins.

Spunge16 said:
the way i got DDs loc to kill was to

/Target Diab
/nokos on
/warp target
/warp succor

/warp loc <DDs loc (Loc you warped to) , and -900 the last number>

In the mini Macro above just how exactly did you find out his location?

Following those instructions I would end up at the succor point not knowing anymore than before i left. Because there is no way of getting his loc from that.

This would get you his loc
/nokos on
/warp target
/loc
/warp succor

or you could use soultakers UI...it shows u the location of ure target...very nice feature i love it..alot safer also even though most times u dont get hit

ASSWEASEL said:
In the mini Macro above just how exactly did you find out his location?

Following those instructions I would end up at the succor point not knowing anymore than before i left. Because there is no way of getting his loc from that.

This would get you his loc
/nokos on
/warp target
/loc
/warp succor

No, when you open up the mq2 window the last locs you warped to will be listed. And echo is way easier.

kait said:
No, when you open up the mq2 window the last locs you warped to will be listed. And echo is way easier.

NOT
MQ2 tells you nothing!!

The warp plugin tells you where it is trying to warp you to. It doesn't mean that is where you are going to end up.

As far as echo, all well and good that is preliminary work to making a jump. Once the jump is made I actually want to know where I have been not where i was trying to go.

ASSWEASEL said:
NOT
MQ2 tells you nothing!!

The warp plugin tells you where it is trying to warp you to. It doesn't mean that is where you are going to end up.

As far as echo, all well and good that is preliminary work to making a jump. Once the jump is made I actually want to know where I have been not where i was trying to go.

I dont know what MQ2 you use but when i /warp target the loc i warped to is listed in the mq2 window. It has never been wrong for the last 5 months or so, so you must use a different one then we do.

I belive what he means is its the warp plugin that is telling you the loc it is warping to and not mq2. But warp plugin is a part of mq2 so you can't really warp without it unless you have another progam :p

Now your changing what you said.

at first you said "when you open up the mq2 window the last locs you warped to will be listed"

Now your saying "when i /warp target the loc i warped to is listed in the mq2 window"

And there is quite a difference between warping to a target and warping to a loc that is all I am trying to point out.

Sorry I really dont mean 2 be argumentative.
Your right in this thread the Warp plugin will give you the loc of the target you are warping to.

In the other similar thread your wrong when warping to a LOC under or in a wall etc what you see in the MQ2 window may not be accurate because the plugin is only stating where it is trying to warp you to.

JumJum I am not trying to say that I am sayin is that the loc info displayed is where the warp plugin is trying to send you.
Go ahead and warp to some totally ridiculous loc that doesnt exist try /warp 6000 6000 6000. your MQ2 window is going to display that as a warped loc . But you sure arent going to be there.

Well we were talking about a way to tell what loc the mob is at the whole time, so by following along the logic path of the conversation I was talking about warping to a target not a loc. Oh well no biggie.

Kill high end Luclin / Gates / OOW mobs w/o Ghosting.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back