• You've discovered RedGuides 📕 an EverQuest multi-boxing community 🛡️🧙🗡️. We want you to play several EQ characters at once, come join us and say hello! 👋
  • IS THIS SITE UGLY? Change the look. To dismiss this notice, click the X --->

Kill high end Luclin / Gates / OOW mobs w/o Ghosting. (1 Viewer)

Whiterabbit_0

RedCents
Hey everyone,

I posted this in the area to try for some free access, but I think more people will be able to benefit from it being here.

I'm just doing the copy/paste job below.

-TheRabbit

|-----------------------------------------------------------------------|

The other day I was dinking around in Vxed with a modified version of the AFK bard macro which would warp me 10 loc units away the second I got hit. It was working really well and FINALLY I wasn't dying when something confusing and wonderful happened. I was facing a wall when I got hit.

BAM It teleported me off the world, just barely, but enough that I couldn't move. I quickly hit Fading Memories, waited for the dots to fade off my target and hit Fading Memories again... that's when I realized that my position was remaining static as opposed to what happens with the zwarp command (you fall to your death).

I sat there and thought about this and began trying to warp to different locs off the world map. I noticed that I could go anywhere under the world in Vxed as long as I kept my z value < the world.

Then I used the right click on map feature to target a mob and began casting. WOW I hit him but no aggro!!! His life started ticking away. I'd get an aggro message now and then, but he wouldn't move. I tried this on about 15-20 more mobs to confirm the bug. 100 success rate as long as I stayed more than 150-200 locs BELOW the plane the mobs were on.

A good loc in Vxed to try this with is -200 200 -200. Warp around a little bit to get the feel of the area.

Unfortunately you don't get any xps for the kill :(.

You do however get loot rights. This is very similar to ghost, but doesn't utilize a buttload of warping.

I though of some different possibilities that I quickly went and tried. The results were as follows:

Tipt: Kyv Heartmaster Jyru Perfect kill. Took about 20 minutes to kill him with 4 dots running. No aggro, no summons. No xp, but my bard is now flagged for KT :). Dropped stupid leather bracer.

Vxed: Umbiki Easy kill. Tried something new, warped to him at 0% life. Got hit once, but also got xps :)! Dropped Song: Warmarch of the Mastug and a crappy robe.

Plane of Fire: General Reparm Got aggro. He kept warping down to my location and hitting me, although MUCH MUCH less than if I were standing next to him. Tried different locs. Kept getting aggro. Tested some trash mobs in PoFire with the same results. I believe it is due to the way distance effects aggro in PoP. I'll post more PoP tests later.

The Deep: Though Horror Overfiend Worked like a charm. No aggro, but the Son of a B#&(@ has so much regen I couldn't drop him below 99%. I went afk made a sandwich, came back and he was at 100% again!!! AHHH!

Sanctus Seru: Lord Inquisitor Seru Very difficult to find a spot you can warp to to cast on this guy, but I found it after about 20 mins of frustrated searching. Worked great, no aggro. Proud new owner of Black Ornate Chain Bridle, Yttrium Starred Arms, Bracer, and Sword of Truth (lots of spells too.)

RCoD:
No big named up, but the tactic worked wonders on trash mobs. I would warp to them at 0% and get xp. I pulled in an AA in about 40 mins... pretty good for 100% safe killing.

I hope this guide helps some of you folks. BTW it works with any casting class. I had my ranger helping me with some dps on Seru, any true casting class would have been better though.

Enjoy,

-TheRabbit

Any chance post some good locs for the bosses like seru

Guess velious isn't compatible I couldn't get a spell off on King Tromax. I had alot of LOS problems, but everyonce in awhile it would start to cast, but always got interrupted. His loc is -1521 1696 -193 if anyone wants to play around with it. I tried going above and below him, but kept getting spells interrupts

GoD mobs would path to me under world and anally rape me. no luck in GoD whatsoever. Loc posted below worked great for me on Tipt boss, guess just need test more.

Luclin alot people were around, tried quickly in nedaria and had guard path to me when was behind a wall, didn't appear to reach me when I went underworld and behind a wall, but didn't feel like testing much.

Anyhow if could explain and give some exact locs for a mob could test on, would help alot. Otherwise I guess this was nerfed

Last edited:
Beware of Ban-Stick. Sounds Incredibly detectable. Much like the 6000 z warp (nerfed) trick. SOE is onto this, and im afraid it could really screw the people who use this. In many of the zones you do this in, you body stays in the exact place u warp from, and only a part of u warps to the wall. (if that makes sense) Your body will stay in the place your warped from, a lot of the time being completely visible for anyone in the zone. This is one of those tricks that if your gonna do........ You should not really care aboue ur EQ account.

heh got myself KT flagged doing this LOL was great

one thing is tho if you move even a hair while you are attacking something it will summon you so once you start attacking it do not move.

Killed the Kyv guy in Tipt from these coord (2236.00, 719.00, 470.00)

Cybris,
I'm glad you got some use out of this.

I wish I had saved all the locs I had used. The seru one was a real pain to find and it ended up being between 2 hollow (sp?) walls, not to mention the 2 hour fight heh.

I'm very wary of smokinghot's warning. I'm going to be doing some extensive testing with my 2 box to see if the original loc of the warp shows my toon what-so-ever. I personally suggest only using this in instances (I know, that limits the power, but better safe than sorry).

I'll be trying to get some more locs for you guys in the near future.

Enjoy

-TheRabbit

Geez... after a big break from the MMORPG EQ, i come back to see more exploits and bugs / programs used for our advandage than ever!
Fortunatly now i dont care as much about my account so i will be willing to try just about everything, but this... looks good haha.
Works best with a ranger im guessing? How does a bard do with this?

Regards,
Infernal

Bards do it the same way everyone does. The songs just keep twisting so i can go afk for a few mins if i want.

Think the key that I was missing was the do not move an inch once warped under world. I just killed tipt boss, and was able to hit kyv hunter jaeth in rcod from under world. Unfortunately he resisted all my spells so guess won't be getting that BP /cry. but minute I even pivoted he got me with his spells

Packmaster Skoiat Pizak: -835, -400, -200
He regened faster than my dots did damage, but guess with a couple boxes maybe get him down.

Alpha Feran: -331, -500, -200
Had trouble landing a couple dots, but might be possible with a necro/bard, regens pretty fast though.

MurkGlider Hive Queen: -1375 1159 -300
Alot hps doesn't appear regen very fast though

Last edited:
This is the exact same thing as warping like +6k over the world. It's just warping below the world. GM's are onto this and it's what both of my accounts were banned for.

Good luck.

Edit to add: The gm's will only catch you if they check up on you though. Like if someone reports a mob died when no raid was there to kill it, they can check logs to see who did all the dmg and who looted, then bust you. Or...if you warp off the map from the zone entrance they can see you standing there and your animations for attacking/casting/singing going off but you're not attacking anything....along with them being able to /assist you and see your target. Just be careful.

Last edited:
Soooo

Step 1. Find spot where no one can watch you ueasily (IE not ZI)
Step 2. Don't be stupid (my gosh ..see that alot on here)
Step 3. Make sure its a mob not everyone wants to kill
Step 4. Don't be stupid...

8-)

lol

good stuff gang...

Ive have tried several mobs with this. Everytime im either to close and they hit me or im far enough away that they dont agro but they regain hp like not agroed. I think for them to not regain super fast ya need em agroing you but ya also have to be far enough away that they cant get ya. I have yet to find a good spot on any named for this but trash it works like a charm. just what i have seen so far. PS, i was on a horse and warped underground and it reconized me being under the world and ported me to safe spot. Im thinking i may be in trouble now as im sure they check for that. So id be carefull with the horse.

Ive found it to only works well in GoD instanced zones. ie. Vxed and Tipt Ive done it in vxed to get some pretty nice twink gear. Everysingle named is doable. Tipt same thing on the main guy there. The trick though for some of them is looting the corpse if you dont use ghost hehe. Have to DA then loot and succor real quick.

Ive tried it DoN and it doesnt work, the mobs regen as if not aggroed. Ive also tried it in a few non instanced zones and have target issue. But not gonna try again in any more noninstanced zones, its just asking for ban.

cybris said:
heh got myself KT flagged doing this LOL was great

one thing is tho if you move even a hair while you are attacking something it will summon you so once you start attacking it do not move.

Killed the Kyv guy in Tipt from these coord (2236.00, 719.00, 470.00)

Cybris when you killed the Kyv did it say you recived character flag or anything. I did the kill successfully but didnt get a flag message. all it said was your expedition is nearing its close. and couldnt add players.

Did i do thid right or was there something i missed please advice

Thank a lot in advance

You have to go and hail the mob that spawns near the zoneout stone accross the bridge. Then zone out using the stone.

For all the named in vxed and the one in tipt this is how you find the loc to warp to. Ive gotten several pm's so here it is.

make these hotkeys

/tar Umbiki (or whatever named you want)
/warp target
/warp succor
fade

now wait a few secs for the mobs to get back to spawn point

look at your warp to target and type it in
/warp loc whatever it was change z axis to -200 (its the last number)

hit enter

/twist 2 3 4 5 (dots)

sit back and relax

All the mobs died pretty quick with the 4 vulkan dots and 3.0 perc mod and max intrument aa's. I'd say about 4-5 min for each and 10 min at the most for the tipt named.

once dead /warp succor

/tar Umbiki
/warp target
/loot
loot what you want fast
/warp succor

make loot and warp succor hotkey
and turn on auto loot nodrop

There ya go

get a list of the named in zone with /who npc named

also it takes awhile for the named to spawn in the zone so kite while you wait. I usually come back after an hour or so and few will be up. Misguided beluque creque spawns quite often and you can get a nice shield for priests a cloak for melee and a range for hybrids. The chavook the trixter is a named mountain pooka and i got a nice ear for bard and plate legs with 115 hp. you can look the stuff up on allakhazam.

Ive done all the named there but the named aneuk. Oh yeah be wary the named ukun will cast and aoe dot that will hit you when he is about 20% you might want your group heal song going for that fight.

I am gonna try oow instanced one group zones like dranik sewers, hollows etc. later tonight and will see if these work. Would be nice if they do so all I have to do is kill the ph's for the signet mobs to get my alts into anguish for the rotting ancient spells and seals of mastery :) Also some descent items drop there (like the earth elemental lute!!!)

You know, instead of warping to the named and risking taking a round of combat, you could just /echo ${Target.Y} ${Target.X} ...

Diabolic Destroyer: -144 444 -300
Still figuring out what you do to make her hitable, will update when figure out what needs be done, but pretty sure this is do'able

Last edited:
Think that's right, well I've cleared most of her room, died when accidently warped to loc ontop kyv, when was trying get better loc clear rest of room. Anyhow like Tipt/Vxed real easy to kill the mobs from underworld. So assuming this might take a few but should be do'able

How did you get the instance crazy? I went through the dialoge with the fd iksar guy and he stopped and didnt say anything when I said Diabolic Destroyer. ITs been so long since Ive done it with my main I cant remember.

Well if you haven't talked to guy near zone in to KT from natimbi gotta talk to him. You run through aton of dialogue and he finally says something about trials, and doing them in certain order. Anyhow after you've got to part where you can ask him about Singular Might, you're ready to talk to fd iksar.

I just did this a sec ago, but think this is exact ordfer to get adventure from iksar.

hail
undo attention
diabolic destroyer
eradicate the beast
ready to proceed

You can do all the conversations with NPCs while invis. If you're still having problems getting adventure from iksar, probably misspelling something wrong or didn't complete text with first guy.

thnks crazy. Im doing drake eggs right now with this method and it is working so far. Only problem is the drakes are near the iron watchers and they are healing it lol.

Are you suppose to kill a drake or an Ascent drake for this?

From the top part of the path,before the gate to northern section of Ascent, backtrack to the set of "a drake" that are sitting side by side.One of those two always drops the egg.

yeah Geo there's a named Telosain that pops when you kill the named guy i just warped to him hailed him and got yellow text saying i got a temp flag then I gated out.

Btw i did it as a wiz :) could barely stay ahead of the guys regen cause I used one of my mana potions and had KEI going went OOM twice on him LOL
and i have close to 6k mana.

Wow. I'm really glad this little strat is helping some folks out... even if its just for the KT flag. A lot of highend guilds require it for recruitment and its a royal PITA if you don't have a dedicated group of 2-5 (including boxers) friends that can handle the mission.

I havn't had a chance to log on and get you guys some more locs, wife aggro.. you know. But, I'll try to get them asap.

BTW After you guys get flagged for KT, you can get the Ikk group trial 1 and kill DD. He/she drops some nice gear including a BAD ass ring and a 50hp aug that I personally can't complain about.

I'm really glad no ones gotten banned for this yet :)

-TheRabbit

just been doing drake eggs for the last 5 hours this works great on it. Takes a total of 7 mins.

Lots of indoor type zones and zones you cant levitate in (chardok and vt come ot mind first) you just cannot warp to outside of the zone walls. I try it and my player stays where it is, or it will dissapear but my 3rd person view will still show where I was standing, and then my lightsource fades. This has been happening for...probably last 5 patches.

Whiterabbit_0 said:
Wow. I'm really glad this little strat is helping some folks out... even if its just for the KT flag. A lot of highend guilds require it for recruitment and its a royal PITA if you don't have a dedicated group of 2-5 (including boxers) friends that can handle the mission.

I havn't had a chance to log on and get you guys some more locs, wife aggro.. you know. But, I'll try to get them asap.

BTW After you guys get flagged for KT, you can get the Ikk group trial 1 and kill DD. He/she drops some nice gear including a BAD ass ring and a 50hp aug that I personally can't complain about.

I'm really glad no ones gotten banned for this yet :)

-TheRabbit

BTW Rabbit thanks for the crack. Question how do i get the trial I'm really new to these zones.

And if peeps are smart about this no one should get banned!! It's the peeps that get stupid with it that get the cheat ruined for the rest of us.

EDIT: HEY DON'T BE STUPID AND TAKE DOWN A HIGH END RAID MOB LIKE
HULCOR!!!! THAT"S ASKING TO GET BANNED AND RUIN THIS FOR
EVERYONE!!!! LAST NIGHT SAW A PEEP IN WOS DOING IT!! BE SMART
PEEPS GEEZ!!!!!

Geo,

You get the Tipt / Vxed expeditions in Bardindu (the hanging gardens). From Apprentice Udranda. You can easilly invis to her location 256, -752, or warp there.

Drop invis and /say Tipt or /say Vxed. You can get this missions solo so its a great place to get xps / loot, however the loot tables in these zones aren't too hot :(.

After you get your tipt mission you need to kill Kyv Heartstriker Jhiru and then go hail Master Stonespiritist Okkanu. After that click the little rock thingy by him and zone out. Woot KT flag!

GL homey,

-TheRabbit

geostone said:
Cybris when you killed the Kyv did it say you recived character flag or anything. I did the kill successfully but didnt get a flag message. all it said was your expedition is nearing its close. and couldnt add players.

Did i do thid right or was there something i missed please advice

Thank a lot in advance

You don't get a flag message. Once you kill named you have to warp to the npc that pops at the end of zone and hail them. BTW me and a friend of mine have successfully done this in Tipt and Ikkinz....I got my bracer from tipt and he got that badarse ring from Ikkinz so far. Tomarrow I get my ring :p

Jumjum5 said:
You don't get a flag message. Once you kill named you have to warp to the npc that pops at the end of zone and hail them. BTW me and a friend of mine have successfully done this in Tipt and Ikkinz....I got my bracer from tipt and he got that badarse ring from Ikkinz so far. Tomarrow I get my ring :p

Got the KT flag lol np. im trying to find out how i get these IK trials and mabee locs to kill the mob from lol. I go the KT Flag soon after post. Sorry about the confusion peeps

EDIT: I do have to add though I have never seen a site where so many peeps will go out their way to help someone else.
A+ Site and peeps for what it is worth coming from me!!

I sent this as a PM to Geo, but I think the info will help the rest of you as well.

To get the 1st Ikk group trial talk to Kevren Nalavat in Kod'Taz close to the zone entrance. Say "Singular Might" to Kevren and then head to the middle temple to the south.

Gazak Kleikek is the NPC required to start the expedition, he is a monk feigned death just west of the temple entrance.

I havn't tried the trick in KT yet, just the instances. I wouldn't suggest trying to do summoner with this trick as its a target a lot of people go after. If they happen to zone in and target her while you're busy, it could get really ugly really fast. But other than that, good luck.

-TheRabbit

Whiterabbit_0 said:
I sent this as a PM to Geo, but I think the info will help the rest of you as well.

To get the 1st Ikk group trial talk to Kevren Nalavat in Kod'Taz close to the zone entrance. Say "Singular Might" to Kevren and then head to the middle temple to the south.

Gazak Kleikek is the NPC required to start the expedition, he is a monk feigned death just west of the temple entrance.

I havn't tried the trick in KT yet, just the instances. I wouldn't suggest trying to do summoner with this trick as its a target a lot of people go after. If they happen to zone in and target her while you're busy, it could get really ugly really fast. But other than that, good luck.

-TheRabbit

Did you Solo the trial lol?

Working good locs atm for instanced zones hope to have a few good one later to help peeps. AGAIN I SAID LOCS IN INSTANCED ZONES LOL

edit: update works for Grimlix Mission

Kill high end Luclin / Gates / OOW mobs w/o Ghosting.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back