• You've discovered RedGuides 📕 an EverQuest multi-boxing community 🛡️🧙🗡️. We want you to play several EQ characters at once, come join us and say hello! 👋
  • IS THIS SITE UGLY? Change the look. To dismiss this notice, click the X --->

Kill high end Luclin / Gates / OOW mobs w/o Ghosting. (1 Viewer)

anyone know an approx z coord to use on warp for mobs in the ikkinz group trial? been trying several but nothing thats gotten me off map yet.... dont want to push the 6k coord if possible. Any info would be helpful.

can you use /zone to get into ikki instances once you have the expidition I kept getting owned by the see invis mobs before I could zone in.

try targetting the closest mob at the entrance of the instance zone and con it. if it doesnt see invis then you can invis up and warp to there. or you can just get the /loc of the instance zone and warp right in front of it.

=)

i cant find a loc to kill the mob in the dorr way to DD's room in ikkianz, cant see her from undernieth no matter where i go. If i use snare egress to change loc she goes back the second i reagro her. Any ideas?

Edit: I have tried all i know to do and cant get the Aneuk to die in the doorway into DD's room. Very frustrating. I can never see her and when i can , she agros and either hits me or goes back home and i cant see her again. If anyone has a working loc id be extreamly greatfull. Thanks guys.

Last edited:
This is silly but I have take the named in Tipt out 2 times but I can not loot do to mobs killing me in 2 secs of me warping to corps. Can anyone help out with this?

ut3rusty said:
This is silly but I have take the named in Tipt out 2 times but I can not loot do to mobs killing me in 2 secs of me warping to corps. Can anyone help out with this?

Kazumi's Note of Preservation if you are a bard
Divine Aura or Divine Barrier if you are cleric
Weapon Shield if you are range
SoS if you are rogue
FD loot if you are monk

If you are neither of those classes then get a cleric with bestow divine aura aa or bard cause its a group song. If cant do anything like that then buy the ghost plugin for $50 :p

Edit: doh forgot chronic closed down so no more new business so no more new ghosters.

In order for me to get in to KT I need to kill the named in Tipt then hail the guy to get the bag drop then do the right turn in and zone out is that right?

ut3rusty said:
In order for me to get in to KT I need to kill the named in Tipt then hail the guy to get the bag drop then do the right turn in and zone out is that right?

If im not mistaken all u need to do is hail him.. maybe im wrong.. i was keyed a while back so i dont remember.

OK thanks Im still trying to get this down with out getting my but handed to me lol. I just need to be faster at the loot.

Hmm well I killed the guy in tipt went to hail the other and he said I do not have what he wants what am i missing sorry to ask so much about this but cant seem to find info on it

All you do is kill the Kyv named in Tipt. Then warp to the NPC that pops after you kill the named....he is at the end of the zone past the bridge. Just hail that NPC then go to the priest guy....or his scribe...can't remember which. They are in a building with a bunch of mobs in there, but you won't get agro if you don't get to close to the mobs. Once you hailed them you are flagged for KT.

CONGRADULATIONS!!!!

Could someone please assist me with more information on how to take down Seru.... Also maybe we get a list of more old world mobs able to be takendown... thanks in advance keep it up guys

You dont even need to hail the high priest or scribe after you kill jhiru. Just kill him hail the spawned npc and zone out using the rock at end of zone and then go zone into kodtaz. Dont worry about what the npc tells you, they havent changed the script since they made tipt the only thing you need. But you will have the KT flag.

Hmm. Not sure if its something in the new mq2(Tone) or something soe changed but i was in tactics tried to wack 3 mobs, Shadowmaster Vinta, Glykus and Anvil the blade. Everyone summoned me when under 10% and enrage went off. Im thinking its a plugin in the mq2 im using becuase on small named that dont enrage i have not been summoned a single time. Any idea's or thoughts would be super. Thanks again Tone for the quick mq2!!!

EDIT: 99% sure it was me having Combat loaded.

Last edited:
hello all i have a 61 necro and i vcant seem to get this warp to work i dont seem to be underground lol and i get killed intantly

made it past dd..whats the best way to kill the little dudes around twins in trial 2? they resist almost everything except disease..

Some of them resist all magic, the only way to kill them is melee... I managed to get one of those down with bard and cleric, the ae makes it annoying... but it was late so I didn't try the others.

I am still having issues with this in the ikkinz trials.. I warp down, but get brought back to the zoneline about 3 seconds later.. any ideas? :(

Rayray1488 said:
I am still having issues with this in the ikkinz trials.. I warp down, but get brought back to the zoneline about 3 seconds later.. any ideas? :(

certain areas of inky will port you to safespot without completing keys/events prior or kills.Try using in the walls, and not on other paths.

just did the KT flag with 65 necro, really easy, if ya want the loot from jhiru just use a hot button for /warp tar , /loot and have harmshield up when you hit it, loot then /warp succor

made it past dd..whats the best way to kill the little dudes around twins in trial 2? they resist almost everything except disease..

well kill any adds in the room. and melee them. the ones with the huge ds. should be able to be killed with spells. just be sure to leave the last one up.and make it be the spell killable kind. only problem that i see with doing ikkkinz 2 is.. the 1st preist must me killed and then the 2nd one must be killed less than 1 min later. or it will res the first one. ( unless they changed the event, personally have not done this in atleast a year. did it when they were all alot hard. and at 65 lolz

I have done ikki2... my experiences:

The mobs *can* have the 600 pt damage shield and be completely magic resistant at the same time... I don't know if one is always like this or if it's random, if it's the latter you could keep regetting the mission if you can't kill it. There are also mobs that resist everything but fire, everything but ice, etc, etc, for each resist check. So I think a bard is the best for this, cause you can chant any resist. I don't know of any other class who can effectively kill with any resist, so without a bard you'll probably have to bring at least 2 chars.

Now for the DS + MR mobs... what I did was, warp below it 100 units with my cleric, and spam the hammer trick found in another thread. It died from one hit with DS but was able to do some appreciable damage before. It took a very long time to do it this way... I believe it can also be killed with ranged weapons. I could not find any place to throw from where I would not get hit by the AE though, so you'd have to have a healer with you. Overall I think it must've taken me 4-5 hours to get them all dead (with a few breaks) In the end I got a +50 endurance aug lol :/ Really not worth doing except for once if you want to do Ikki3. Ikkinz1 is still the best though, you can have it down in 20 minutes if you know what to do

[Edit] OH, meant to say. I timed it as about 15 mins between when one of them died to when the other one does. I *think* as long as you have aggro it will not rez. Else I got lucky. On the third trial, they do the same thing. I had killed one of them and accidentally warped to a bad loc, got killed, and about a minute later they rezzed each other. So I beleive if you have aggro they will not rez.

I tried doing lots of OOW targets/PoP targets but when I get them down to 23% for some odd reason they instant CH back to full health, and when you try it again the same thing happens any idea how to pass that? or is it a built in check?

I would be careful of using this. I have read on another site that there is a new packet they put in last patch that has something to do with checking where you are in relation to mob while killing and flagging your account if they ever want to do anything about it. I know I'm not using it until I find out if that's true heh.

Anonarmy said:
I tried doing lots of OOW targets/PoP targets but when I get them down to 23% for some odd reason they instant CH back to full health, and when you try it again the same thing happens any idea how to pass that? or is it a built in check?

Doing this in noninstanced zones is gonna get it nerfed fast and you are gonna wreck it for everyone. Dont be greedy and stick with instanced zones. (Well no more greedy then we already are be using this method :p )

kait said:
Doing this in noninstanced zones is gonna get it nerfed fast and you are gonna wreck it for everyone. Dont be greedy and stick with instanced zones. (Well no more greedy then we already are be using this method :p )

100% agree with KAIT don't ruin it for the rest of us please!
Use it responsible and who knows how long it will last :)

Anyone knoe if this can be done by a ranger or berserker? I tried with a level 70 zerker and i kept getting a message saying your target is too close for ranged weapons. Is there a way around this or is it a lost cause?

.: EDIT :. I tried to increment the location by 100 on the x and z axis. I went to loc 2236 719 -450 (-350,-250,-150 etc.)same message

lebroba said:
Anyone knoe if this can be done by a ranger or berserker? I tried with a level 70 zerker and i kept getting a message saying your target is too close for ranged weapons. Is there a way around this or is it a lost cause?

.: EDIT :. I tried to increment the location by 100 on the x and z axis. I went to loc 2236 719 -450 (-350,-250,-150 etc.)same message

The axis that affects range to target is the y or x access so change the first or second number not the last. I doubt it if works for zerkers but possibly works for rangers. Ive only tried spells and bard songs.

Last edited:
I found a loc where I am able to hit the Kyvv guy in tipt. It was 2200 730 560. However he starts running all over the place, eventually he settles over me then ports down and hits me a bunch of times. I think with the zerker's throwing damage Its possible. I just need to figure out the angle.

throwing dont work.... cuz it makes you turn and stuff to face target
any movement makes them able to warp downto you and kill you

Kill high end Luclin / Gates / OOW mobs w/o Ghosting.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back