• You've discovered RedGuides 📕 an EverQuest multi-boxing community 🛡️🧙🗡️. We want you to play several EQ characters at once, come join us and say hello! 👋
  • IS THIS SITE UGLY? Change the look. To dismiss this notice, click the X --->

Problem - Help with Shei Vinitris (1 Viewer)

RedCents
2,549¢
I could use a little help. (Well, you already knew that)

I have been trying to farm the Shei Vinitris mission for some time now, and my success rate is about 50%. I am failing way too often. Inevitably, the shaman (sole healer) or worse, the bard gets one rounded and its mission over. I need to stop losing these investors in mid-fight. I try using the SK AE DD since it has a much faster refresh rate an explosion of hatred, but even that isn't enough.

Any suggestions are appreciated. I stand with the entire crew behind Shei but that doesn't seem to do it

Well, for the group mission, which is what this thread was initially about, you can also just change your stick settings as well. I have yet to have my toons fall off. I have not done the raid version.

I do this for Griklor raid, obviously more to it, but this is a snippet:

Lua:
while os.time() - startTime <= 11 do
            mq.cmd('/nav spawn Griklor')
            if mq.TLO.Spawn('Griklor').Distance() > 5 then
                mq.cmd('/nav spawn Griklor')
            end
            mq.delay(100)
        end

Thanks, I tried changing name to Shei and it errored (being a snippet I thought it might). Unfortunately I am not smart enough to know what to even attempt to fix it. If you could help, that would be great, if not I completely understand, trade secrets and all.
1688051030545.png

Thanks, I tried changing name to Shei and it errored (being a snippet I thought it might). Unfortunately I am not smart enough to know what to even attempt to fix it. If you could help, that would be great, if not I completely understand, trade secrets and all.
View attachment 49309
Well, you need more than just the snippet, and this isn't a "stick" perse. It is more of a follow and stay within 5 ft/meters/pixels, whatever EQ uses for distance. So when Griklor yells to come to him for those selected, they pause and follow him until it clears then return back to original spot.

The snippet is to give you an idea that yes, it can be done.

Lots of good inputs here, so I only hope to clarify a few points.

You say you are getting 'one rounded' and mention SK AoE aggro abilities. Aggro is not your problem. The bard and shaman are not getting targeted and killed for lack of aggro control. They are likely being killed by the mechanics - either the cure or exploding buggers.

First, to keep the exploding buggers under control, you need to banish the datiar mobs. As posted above, with a bard in the group the easiest method is using the following Lua. You can set it up so it always loads on the bard, or manually start it before starting the mission. This code uses MQ2Boxr because, well, its great and you should use it.
INI:
local mq = require("mq")
while true do
    if mq.TLO.SpawnCount("datiar xi tavuelim npc")() > 0 then
        mq.cmd("/boxr Pause")
        mq.cmd("/twist 8")
        while mq.TLO.SpawnCount("datiar xi tavuelim npc")() > 0 do
            mq.cmd("/tar datiar xi tavuelim npc")
        end
        mq.cmd("/boxr Unpause")
    end
    mq.delay(10)
end

Second, you need to cure what Shei puts on one of the members randomly (mostly later in the fight). I don't use LEM so I instead have a MQ2Event for this. The following is for a Cleric running the CWTN plugin and will need some adjustment (not sure where the Shaman plugin mems Blood of Mayong or whatever the best cure you have is):
INI:
[sheicures]
trigger=#1#Shei Vinitras shouts, '#2#, You are unworthy.'#3#
command=/multiline ; /g Curing; /clr pause 1; /tar ${EventArg2}; /timed 10 /cast 7; /timed 64 /cast 7; /clr pause 0
For whatever reason I don't rely on the CWTN plugin to do the curing, but I know the cure spell is memmed when UseCures is on. Not sure exactly why, but this event gets the trick done with a Cleric. Requires 2 casts, so I am assuming that 2 casts of Blood of Mayong will clear what ails ya, but maybe not. If anyone knows, please chime in. Also, your tank will have to survive while the healer is doing this of course.

Hope this helps. Has worked for my team (and several others) since the mission came out.

I tried adding the Lua to lem from the code above, but it doesn't work. Are LEM Lua's different from regular Lua code? Can this be converted?

It actually stop LEM from working all together when I added it and tried to run it. I had to go delete it from my characters.ini to get LEM to work again.
I don't think you would want to use this with LEM. From my understanding LEM has triggers and code that runs. The code I posted includes both - it looks for the condition to occurs and then performs actions until the condition not longer exists. I don't think that would play well with LEM (but I don't use LEM so could be mistaken).

I would just save that code to a file in your Lua folder (shei_bard.Lua is what I call mine), and then start it before doing the mission using /lua run shei_bard.Lua.

I don't think you would want to use this with LEM. From my understanding LEM has triggers and code that runs. The code I posted includes both - it looks for the condition to occurs and then performs actions until the condition not longer exists. I don't think that would play well with LEM (but I don't use LEM so could be mistaken).

I would just save that code to a file in your Lua folder (shei_bard.Lua is what I call mine), and then start it before doing the mission using /lua run shei_bard.Lua.

I am running it as a separate Lua, I was looking to consolidate into LEM.

I am running it as a separate Lua, I was looking to consolidate into LEM.
I have that Lua running on my bard constantly (even though I have not run the mission in months) without issue. Looking at the code, it does have one thing I would change (inner targeting loop without a delay) but nothing too bad.

If not actually in the mission zone, (i.e., no datiar xi on target) the code should resolve down to:
INI:
while true do
  mq.delay(10)
end
Which should not really do anything at all, so not sure why it would interfere with LEM or anything else for that matter.

Does it break things when not running the mission?

Look in the LEM Library thread, Banes, cures, etc I believe are already in there to use. Raid versions are the only ones that need double casts to cure I believe? I heard Paladin splash works well too.
The raid version can use up to 3 for a shaman. I have been using a react to be sure I get three casts off.
INI:
[Need Shei DT Cure]
trigger=Shei Vinitras shouts#*#You are unworthy#*#
command=/multiline ; /mqpause on ; /stopcast ; /target ${Me.Name} ; /timed 5 /cast 2 ; /timed 5 /gsay Saving you from DT 1 ; /timed 70  /cast 2; /timed 70 /gsay Saving you from DT 2; /timed 140  /cast 2; /timed 140 /gsay Saving you from DT 3; /timed 155 /mqpause off

I should of been more specific and mention the Mez code will break LEM. My apologizes.
INI:
local mq = require("mq")
while true do
    if mq.TLO.SpawnCount("datiar xi tavuelim npc")() > 0 then
        mq.cmd("/boxr Pause")
        mq.cmd("/twist 8")
        while mq.TLO.SpawnCount("datiar xi tavuelim npc")() > 0 do
            mq.cmd("/tar datiar xi tavuelim npc")
        end
        mq.cmd("/boxr Unpause")
    end
while true do
    mq.delay(10)
end

Error lines:
1688166939096.png

Not to derail or bump the thread. I just managed to beat Shei (group version) with LEM and my team of level 119-120 crew.

SK - Mq2Eskay
Brd - KA 12 Sic's config
Shm - Mq2Shm
Rog - Mq2Rog
Bst - Mq2Bst
Mnk - Mq2Mnk

The trick for me after first wipe is to hold dps (turn off burn on all named) since it spawns the aliens a lot faster than I could handle. With only this modification I could beat the encounter on the 2nd pull.

Problem - Help with Shei Vinitris

Users who are viewing this thread

Back