• You've discovered RedGuides 📕 an EverQuest multi-boxing community 🛡️🧙🗡️. We want you to play several EQ characters at once, come join us and say hello! 👋
  • IS THIS SITE UGLY? Change the look. To dismiss this notice, click the X --->

Problem - Help with Shei Vinitris (1 Viewer)

RedCents
2,559¢
I could use a little help. (Well, you already knew that)

I have been trying to farm the Shei Vinitris mission for some time now, and my success rate is about 50%. I am failing way too often. Inevitably, the shaman (sole healer) or worse, the bard gets one rounded and its mission over. I need to stop losing these investors in mid-fight. I try using the SK AE DD since it has a much faster refresh rate an explosion of hatred, but even that isn't enough.

Any suggestions are appreciated. I stand with the entire crew behind Shei but that doesn't seem to do it

I have my crew behind Shei as well, except the tank of course. When the Centi's spawn, I will rotate my tank to stand next to them and subsequently, the crew will rotate away from it. Then when the Centi becomes active, my tank is getting hit instead of the bard/shaman/whomever. Keep rotating each time a new Centi spawns to ensure only the tank is getting agro when they engage. If you are using MQ2Shaman, make sure that MemCureAll is on and use Radiant Cure on whomever can cast it.

1. How are you geared? This is perhaps the easiest mission of the 4 in ToL.

2. What is your total group make-up?

3. Seaport Cure-all. It is your best friend. I posted a LEM with the code. Use that.

4. I also posted a LEM with BRD/ENC code for the mezzes. Use that.

5. Profit.

I think many of us have this on farm, including myself, so we should be able to offer some assistance but I think we need a few more details.

1) Whats your crew?
2) What automation are you using?
3) Which toon is mezzing/rooting thedatiar xi tavuelim?
4) Which toon is curing the death touch?

EDIT - @Shadow, you must be trained by Sic :P

I think many of us have this on farm, including myself, so we should be able to offer some assistance but I think we need a few more details.

1) Whats your crew?
2) What automation are you using?
3) Which toon is mezzing/rooting thedatiar xi tavuelim?
4) Which toon is curing the death touch?

EDIT - @Shadow, you must be trained by Sic :P
HAHAHA! I have my days, and I have my posts. In some posts I am like full-on, super helpful, and detailed...then other posts I am like "A simple search would help you find the answers"...just depends on the post, and time of day, I guess.

Move the SK to the front. Leave the rest in the back.

Use this for the bard start the Lua before engaging. Copy paste it save it as Lua file. Notepad Plus is great tool.

local mq = require("mq")

while true
do
if mq.TLO.SpawnCount("datiar xi tavuelim npc")() > 0 then
mq.cmd("/mqp on")
mq.cmd("/twist 5")

while mq.TLO.SpawnCount("datiar xi tavuelim npc")() > 0 do
mq.cmd("/tar datiar xi tavuelim npc")
end

mq.cmd("/mqp off")
end

mq.delay(10)
end

I didnt use boxer so switched out the boxer stuff for /mqp on and off works great. Change twist 5 to where your single mez is located.
Like others said make sure on shaman use cures and memcureall are checked. Should then go from 50% to 100% farm status.

- disable /stick from the back so you can put them anywhere and they won't run off the ledge trying to chase Shei's ass
- always cure the debuffs. Some require 3 casts to cure completely. If you don't do this, it's a deathtouch to the targeted character. This is a MUST DO mechanic
- Use your bard to mez the tegis as soon as they spawn. There is plenty of time to mez them before they activate (they despawn when mezzed). Another MOST DO mechanic.

Lots of good inputs here, so I only hope to clarify a few points.

You say you are getting 'one rounded' and mention SK AoE aggro abilities. Aggro is not your problem. The bard and shaman are not getting targeted and killed for lack of aggro control. They are likely being killed by the mechanics - either the cure or exploding buggers.

First, to keep the exploding buggers under control, you need to banish the datiar mobs. As posted above, with a bard in the group the easiest method is using the following Lua. You can set it up so it always loads on the bard, or manually start it before starting the mission. This code uses MQ2Boxr because, well, its great and you should use it.
INI:
local mq = require("mq")
while true do
    if mq.TLO.SpawnCount("datiar xi tavuelim npc")() > 0 then
        mq.cmd("/boxr Pause")
        mq.cmd("/twist 8")
        while mq.TLO.SpawnCount("datiar xi tavuelim npc")() > 0 do
            mq.cmd("/tar datiar xi tavuelim npc")
        end
        mq.cmd("/boxr Unpause")
    end
    mq.delay(10)
end

Second, you need to cure what Shei puts on one of the members randomly (mostly later in the fight). I don't use LEM so I instead have a MQ2Event for this. The following is for a Cleric running the CWTN plugin and will need some adjustment (not sure where the Shaman plugin mems Blood of Mayong or whatever the best cure you have is):
INI:
[sheicures]
trigger=#1#Shei Vinitras shouts, '#2#, You are unworthy.'#3#
command=/multiline ; /g Curing; /clr pause 1; /tar ${EventArg2}; /timed 10 /cast 7; /timed 64 /cast 7; /clr pause 0
For whatever reason I don't rely on the CWTN plugin to do the curing, but I know the cure spell is memmed when UseCures is on. Not sure exactly why, but this event gets the trick done with a Cleric. Requires 2 casts, so I am assuming that 2 casts of Blood of Mayong will clear what ails ya, but maybe not. If anyone knows, please chime in. Also, your tank will have to survive while the healer is doing this of course.

Hope this helps. Has worked for my team (and several others) since the mission came out.

Using the cwtn shaman plugin, I've had complete reliability on the cures. I have the shaman in heal mode with cureall memmed.
The lem for bard mez is also completely reliable. I have my sk using a non damage primary, put this event on auto, and just enjoy the show.
Shei isn't one rounding you, it's the adds, they hit like trucks since they're not intended to be fought.

Lem is here

Crew:

Tank, SK, raid geared, has no trouble tanking Shei, using CWTN plugin
Shaman, T1 TOL group geared, Used KA, switching to plugin
Zerker, T1 TOL group geared, Chat plugin. Never dies first
Bard, T1 TOL group, KA11
Mage: T1 TOL, KA11. Rarely dies
Rogue: T1 TOL, Chat plugin, rarely dies

All 120, all but the rogue are max AA

Crew:

Bard, T1 TOL group, KA11

KA11? 12 has been out for like 2 years...

anyways, let your crew automate, play the bard. mez pop adds as soon as targetable, double pump of bard lvl 97 cure song on whoever gets DT. easy day

Crew:

Bard, T1 TOL group, KA11

make sure to "memcureall" on the shaman. I've done that mission with 4+ different shaman dozens and dozens of times and not had a cure failure

Crew:

Bard, T1 TOL group, KA11

As I said above, this is absolutely the easiest and my 1st group in mixed ToL T1/CoV T3 group did this with SHD/SHM/BRD/BST/BER/ROG at 115. It never got hairy and I think I got the achievement(s) for it as well. As I gained power/gear at 120 in ToL T3, augs, etc...fight was a joke.

1. All toons on the platform. Toons behind, tank in front. Pop a CD, start event.

2. Use the LEM x 2 I mentioned. Seaport Cureall, and BRD bane. If everyone has a stack of the Seaports, then SHM can focus on healing, and will not need to cure as the Seaport is instant and cures it immediately. BRD will instant mez the Dator or whatever and presto!!!! No add to deal with.

3. Just focus DPS on her. The healing adds, no biggie. Just keep focusing on her, you will win by attrition.

4. Every melee (SHD/BRD/BER/ROG) should be using poisons to take advantage of the Rogue alliance with CWTN. Make sure UseAlliance and ForceAlliance = on.

5. Emjoy your phat lewtz with easy wins every time. As you increase your gear, it becomes trivial.

I am failing way too often. Inevitably, the shaman (sole healer) or worse, the bard gets one rounded and its mission over.

Please note following up on trying suggestions made helps you get the help you want and will help others searching for answers in the future. Based on what you describe, it sounds like your banish or cure setup isn't working currently, so follow those suggestions Shadow made. I had similar issues before setting up LEM. The LEM events work great.

The problem is that if you rotate Shei so he faces in and the alts rotate behind it, they will fall off.
I stand with the entire crew behind Shei but that doesn't seem to do it

Before you start the event, stick your crew behind Shei against the wall. Move your tank in front of Shei and start the event from there when you're ready. Assuming melee are set to stick behind, you shouldn't have any movement problems, just a tank & spank piñata at that point.

Sic even has an event video for you.
Ya know...it's really depressing that Sic's lvl 116 group in TOL T1/COV T3 smashes this event faster than my 120s in NOS T1.

Last edited:
I run 6 toons. I average about 3 million dps (Good?/Bad?). This is with no Glyphs.

SK NOS raid Geared (Tanks shield no damage weapon) - from front
Shmn / Beast NOS player made gear - in back
Bard, Zerk and Rogue TOV raid geared. - in back

I have no issues with cures, but I seem to get unlucky as the best I have gotten Shei down to is 40%. I followed most everything above.
My last 2 wipes were adds from the hallway, not sure how that happened and then the last wipe a datiar xi tavuelim spawned out of now where and went active before my bard could do anything.

I am on my 8th attempt. I am not sure what else I can do.

9th attempt got 3 datiar xi tavuelim at 50% and they brought adds from the hallway. they spawned below and ran up to me. What a nightmare.

Last edited:
I have done it with groupgeared toons countless times. I position my SK with his back to the center of the half-circled wall and the other chars to 90 and 270 degree regarding the sk's direction. No chars close to the edge. I can imagine that the spawnpoint of the adds may be related to the position of the chars, which may can lead to spawnpoints too close to the edge, so they drop down and can cause adds.
With the positioning of the chars as far away from the edge as possible I never experienced unexpected adds.

Times ago I have created Shei Vintras multi class banish which is used with lem (Lua event manager). Using this event active on bard and shaman, for me it worked reliably without ever need to think anymore about the adds.

I run 6 toons. I average about 3 million dps (Good?/Bad?). This is with no Glyphs.

SK NOS raid Geared (Tanks shield no damage weapon) - from front
Shmn / Beast NOS player made gear - in back
Bard, Zerk and Rogue TOV raid geared. - in back

I have no issues with cures, but I seem to get unlucky as the best I have gotten Shei down to is 40%. I followed most everything above.
My last 2 wipes were adds from the hallway, not sure how that happened and then the last wipe a datiar xi tavuelim spawned out of now where and went active before my bard could do anything.

I am on my 8th attempt. I am not sure what else I can do.

9th attempt got 3 datiar xi tavuelim at 50% and they brought adds from the hallway. they spawned below and ran up to me. What a nightmare.
I am so confused...

Why are you using fists and board? Use a sword and board. Hell, if your tank is NoS raid geared, you could probably easily use a 2hander, or a slingshot?

Why would you get adds from the hallway? Are you tanking on the platform? Moving everyone to the platform and ensuring all are up top before you engage? Why would you get
9th attempt got 3 datiar xi tavuelim at 50% and they brought adds from the hallway
when they are supposed to be banished? Root/Mez all work. LEM is your friend, use it.

The last few times or so I did this doing with random alts, I killed her so fast, I had to come back for the achievements on my toons and literally do nothing for a few mins (stop attack) just to get it.

If you do too much DPS, the spawnrate of the adds can get faster, than the bards cast time and they start to pile up. This event is not a DPS-test but requires to solve the mechanics about cures and banishment of the adds. I haven't done it anymore for a while, but doing the event now with all the improvements of NoS may lead easy to the problem of too many adds to be able to banish them in time.
Even without NoS-stuff and only groupgeared chars I ran into the issue of too fast spawning adds, which is the reason I added the shaman to the lem-event to backup-help the bard banishing them.

Addendum: for me the lem-events work without hassles in combination with kissassist/ctwn-plugins.

Last edited:
I am so confused...

Why are you using fists and board? Use a sword and board. Hell, if your tank is NoS raid geared, you could probably easily use a 2hander, or a slingshot?

Why would you get adds from the hallway? Are you tanking on the platform? Moving everyone to the platform and ensuring all are up top before you engage? Why would you get

when they are supposed to be banished? Root/Mez all work. LEM is your friend, use it.

The last few times or so I did this doing with random alts, I killed her so fast, I had to come back for the achievements on my toons and literally do nothing for a few mins (stop attack) just to get it.
Mob cast a RDS on the tank. So want to do as little dmg from that char as possible.

Well,

3 hours and 40 minutes in to the DZ. I got Shei to 7%, with 2.2m dps.

I have my SK's back to the wall, so Shei is facing away from the ledge. The rest of my toons are just standing around me never moving.

I was getting 5 datiar xi tavuelim every 5% starting at 35%. Sometimes they spawn up top, some times down below. Twice all 5 ran out of the room and down the hallway (I cleared the adds this go), then they just vanished.

I use my Two hander quite a bit on the SK to speed things up in the beginning. I use lem on the bard for mezzing (I will have to add Shaman LEM for rooting). Some how the zerker got smoked and then shit fell apart. I haven't died from the debuff for the last few goes. The adds are messing with me now.

Thanks for all the advice. It is getting easier.

Just ignore it. Easily healed through with most group makeups, especially with how geared the toons are. Even at 115 in CoV crafted, I healed through it. Was a joke in ToL crafted, and Shei died so fast.

Fast, like how fast with 6 toons? 30 minutes? 1, 2, 3 hours? 2.2m dps put me at about 3 hours. I don't mind the time sink, just failing at the end kind of blows :P

Can a Lua be made to say Stick within a certain range of Shei? There is a mac for the Power Corrupts Mission in Shadow Haven, following that Stupid Commander.

Well, for the group mission, which is what this thread was initially about, you can also just change your stick settings as well. I have yet to have my toons fall off. I have not done the raid version.

I do this for Griklor raid, obviously more to it, but this is a snippet:

Lua:
while os.time() - startTime <= 11 do
            mq.cmd('/nav spawn Griklor')
            if mq.TLO.Spawn('Griklor').Distance() > 5 then
                mq.cmd('/nav spawn Griklor')
            end
            mq.delay(100)
        end

Problem - Help with Shei Vinitris

Users who are viewing this thread

Back