• You've discovered RedGuides 📕 an EverQuest multi-boxing community 🛡️🧙🗡️. We want you to play several EQ characters at once, come join us and say hello! 👋
  • IS THIS SITE UGLY? Change the look. To dismiss this notice, click the X --->

News - EQ's Expansion 2023 - Laurion's Song Live 12-5-2023 - Patch notes inside (1 Viewer)

if they follow suit and end up re-hashing pop with a name like laurion's song i hope they spin some originality into it and not have it be anther cookie cutter of tov/cov/tol/nos

have some flavor make it follow a tale of a bard song about the whole pop timeline etc ...

i dunno with a level cap increase and so much content they could play with it either has a chance to revive the live servers or make it even worse. i for one wont be spending money on another cookie cutter and will enjoy the f2p-NoS content i currently have access too

i really hope to be able to give them my hard earned money for some originality

DO you guys think we will ever see anymore classes come into EQ? I don't know what they would be. I would like to see a legit animal charmer. Where instead of spells the toon got one level appropriate unbreakable charm from each new zone. No way of healing or buffing this mob it behaved like a Merc except it counted as a spell not a Merc. So you could have a real healer. You just couldn't heal. Combine that with average melee skills. Or maybe just give Shaman a per comparable to BST since they were supposed to be Shaman/ Monk hybrid. I know I'm off track here guys. Sorry for that.

DO you guys think we will ever see anymore classes come into EQ? I don't know what they would be. I would like to see a legit animal charmer. Where instead of spells the toon got one level appropriate unbreakable charm from each new zone. No way of healing or buffing this mob it behaved like a Merc except it counted as a spell not a Merc. So you could have a real healer. You just couldn't heal. Combine that with average melee skills. Or maybe just give Shaman a per comparable to BST since they were supposed to be Shaman/ Monk hybrid. I know I'm off track here guys. Sorry for that.
They can’t even manage to balance or manage the classes they already have, god help us all if they add another class

If they did, would probably be something like the eq2 channeler, which is a bow based ranged healer with a rock for a pet

Would be surprised if eq did tho

Does anybody have any insight as to when the pre-order will be available for the next expansion will start, and possibly an estimated release date? Everything I have seen do far is it will be December / January before it will be released. Ive been out of the game for a while so I cant read between the lines like I used to in regards to releases. I did notice that NOS is currently on sale so that makes me think, that once that sale is over, they may have ideas of listing the new expansion for pre-sale. I think its around 20ish days before the current sale ends.

I believe the last few release cycles they had the previous expansion sale followed very shortly after with pre-order of the new expansion. Beta of the new expansion is usually mid-october/november and release in december. The exact dates depend on how well development and testing goes.

I was away from game for this current expansion and am going to wait for the pre-order so I get both.

I believe the last few release cycles they had the previous expansion sale followed very shortly after with pre-order of the new expansion. Beta of the new expansion is usually mid-october/november and release in december. The exact dates depend on how well development and testing goes.

I was away from game for this current expansion and am going to wait for the pre-order so I get both.
That's my exact thinking. I need to figure out how many accounts im gonna buy it on.

Pay Me Kim Kardashian GIF by GQ

Does anybody have any insight as to when the pre-order will be available for the next expansion will start, and possibly an estimated release date? Everything I have seen do far is it will be December / January before it will be released. Ive been out of the game for a while so I cant read between the lines like I used to in regards to releases. I did notice that NOS is currently on sale so that makes me think, that once that sale is over, they may have ideas of listing the new expansion for pre-sale. I think its around 20ish days before the current sale ends.
Expect the release to be the first week of December and it's usually on a Tuesday. So December 5th is likely the release day.

if you just search for Lauren, you come up with a VC. Perhaps this next expansion is when toons stop 'playing hero', get real jobs, and sit in cubes all day making TPS reports.

Kinda excited missed out on this latest expansion night of shadows but didn't seem like it had much interesting stuff to me and I still had terror of Luclin ive not done much of yet. Really hoping for some role defining content havnt seen many echanters anymore at least not on my server. Anyway heres hoping!

I don't know. I still haven't purchased the last expansion because I'm tired of doing missions over and over again just to be able to inch closer to that next level, slightly faster than grinding. Everything is the same process, whether it's missions, quests, grinding, or tradeskilling, just with added levels and bigger numbers in stats. Higher levels + less/slower experience gain = content repetition & boredom IMO. Maybe it's just my ADHD, but I get excited to see actual movement/progress when I'm doing things. Where is my instant gratification, dangit?!!!!! I guess that's why I have so many noob toons I fall back on when I'm bored. LOL

im really hoping this new expansion isnt a cookie cutter of the last 4. im waiting to spend bucks on it and will only get 6 to start ... i usually buy 12 and leave my B team an expansion behind.

but im tiring of giving my hard earned money for something they have re hashed 4 times now.
heres to the next expansion being another pop oow HoT or TBL level of content

As much as I would love for new original content, I don't think that's in the cards for us ever again even with advances with AI or AGI eventually. I fully expect corporate big wigs or diminishing budgets or w/e else they use as an excuse will keep having EQ1 pushed aside as a red-headed stepchild might be ignored but given just enough food to eat.

In trying to have realistic expectations, I look forward to what new version of an old theme they might do. I love the idea of rehashing Underfoot. Raiding that back then was a pain but my guild did go on to beat the expansion before others on our server!

I suspect I will be doing at least 6, upwards of 12 pre-order.
If cashflow is an issue, I always plan to get my main the version with the guild portal item since they have been doing those. Even if I wait on my other golds to update.

Not running around with a full raid, would love to someday. You all are amazing to me who do entire raids on your own power. It would be awesome someday if I were in a position to even come close to that. Until then, I do what I can and still enjoy what I do. More power to ya!

~TheFiddler~

Queue the music...
1695244671644.png

Ask around for a nos ticket i bought one for a krono they are goin cheap now

I don't know. I still haven't purchased the last expansion because I'm tired of doing missions over and over again just to be able to inch closer to that next level, slightly faster than grinding. Everything is the same process, whether it's missions, quests, grinding, or tradeskilling, just with added levels and bigger numbers in stats. Higher levels + less/slower experience gain = content repetition & boredom IMO. Maybe it's just my ADHD, but I get excited to see actual movement/progress when I'm doing things. Where is my instant gratification, dangit?!!!!! I guess that's why I have so many noob toons I fall back on when I'm bored. LOL
You're not wrong. They definitely have a template as to how to build an expansion. Spells and AAs follow a formula in a spreadsheet somewhere and they hit up a thesaurus to find a new name for the same spell. I'm less worried about revisiting "old" zones that get a remake, but the boring content is very uninspiring.

News - EQ's Expansion 2023 - Laurion's Song Live 12-5-2023 - Patch notes inside

Users who are viewing this thread

Back