• You've discovered RedGuides 📕 an EverQuest multi-boxing community 🛡️🧙🗡️. We want you to play several EQ characters at once, come join us and say hello! 👋
  • IS THIS SITE UGLY? Change the look. To dismiss this notice, click the X --->
  • Unfortunately, yes, there is a suspension wave happening around the new tlp launch. :'( Please keep regular discussion to Suspension MegaThread and please consider submitting a Suspension report to RG.

News - EQ's Expansion 2023 - Laurion's Song Live 12-5-2023 - Patch notes inside (2 Viewers)

A guild, or house weapons rack would be useful for all those weapons, just sayin.. armor rack, etc

collection depot...

Last edited:
Looking forward to this expansion just because I like new shiny things. Not looking forward to bugs, bugs, and more bugs.

Although as per usual, I may not partake in this expansion until the next one is announced.... :shrug:

Doesn't seem to be it would affect or entice boxers too much? I have one of each class on 16 accounts, so if I need a class I can just load up instead of buying a Persona Slot and Heroic unlock. To me that seems far more beneficial for the LFG people. I already have 11 other characters on my main's account I no longer play since I started RG, haha. I have FTP classes of all those guys now in other groups, I would imagine many of us have the same thing. This seems to be buy 15 Persona Slot and you can be any class in an instant, but you still have to level that class it looks like, or buy 15 Heroic 100 unlocks. Yikes.
Zones

Ankexfen Keep
Laurion's Inn
Moors of Nokk
Pal'Lomen
The Hero's Forge
Timorous Falls
Unkempt Woods

Laurion's Inn

1696568249724.png

The Hero's Forge

1696568293138.png

Ankexfen Keep

1696568334671.png

Timorous Falls

1696568377566.png

Moors of Nokk

1696568413877.png

Unkempt Woods

1696568437930.png

Pal'Lomen

1696568593360.png

These may not be the best shots or at all representatives of the zone itself, but it's what we have with the zone files at this time. Beta should be available October 10th or 11th to run through.

Pal'Lomen reminds me of Kelethin a bit with that picture. As for the class changing, I almost wonder if its like FFXIV with being able to class change.

I was thinking about this a bit, and I wonder if they are trying to explore the whole dual / multi class thing from the AD&D ruleset. I don't know if I am remembering correctly, but I seem to recall the ability to play one class up, then switch to the other class and play that one up. And I believe there was some rule where you can do Multiclass and use both classes abilities at the same time (although limited). I think having a multi-class setup where you can make your own hybrid would be pretty neat.

Laurion's Inn

View attachment 51379

The Hero's Forge

View attachment 51380

Ankexfen Keep

View attachment 51381

Timorous Falls

View attachment 51382

Moors of Nokk

View attachment 51383

Unkempt Woods

View attachment 51384

Pal'Lomen

View attachment 51385

These may not be the best shots or at all representatives of the zone itself, but it's what we have with the zone files at this time. Beta should be available October 10th or 11th to run through.
Is this copy / paste zones yet again - anyone knows?

Pay Me Kim Kardashian GIF by GQ
7 songs to sing that's just shy of $300. Yeeep

The zones above dont sound like a copy/paste of POP. so we might be getting "some" original thought.

I dread the persona thing though - the shroud implementation was poorly thought out and just terrible and this is not what we've been missing from eq.

I would like to see a new Epic - since SK/Cleric are arguably the only epic that u really "need" these days, but i think we will see another "SLOT" item that evolves through 7 stages like the cloak and the ear of last expansions.

I was thinking about this a bit, and I wonder if they are trying to explore the whole dual / multi class thing from the AD&D ruleset. I don't know if I am remembering correctly, but I seem to recall the ability to play one class up, then switch to the other class and play that one up. And I believe there was some rule where you can do Multiclass and use both classes abilities at the same time (although limited). I think having a multi-class setup where you can make your own hybrid would be pretty neat.

A mix of Bard and Mage? Please sign me up so i can play mana/atk/proc songs and have a beast ass pet to kill everything lol.

We shall call this creation, "Fire Strings" :banjo:

A mix of Bard and Mage? Please sign me up so i can play mana/atk/proc songs and have a beast ass pet to kill everything lol.

We shall call this creation, "Fire Strings" :banjo:
Also, special Bard songs just for his pets. Have to be drunk though to play them.

Seriously though. Perhaps they are re-inventing the game by allowing anyone to solo easier by being a multi-class. It would make sense in a way for them to make such a move. I mean, better than introducing a new merc system where you get two mercs instead of one. :shrug:

Its not going to be a multiclass forget that wish.
It will be like an alt that immediately have all achievements/gear from the original character (this also screws you as no bonus xp from first time missions, no collection xp/aa, no achievement xp)

Its simply a trick to have you buy slots, spend time ingame leveling up xp/aa (consuming kronos) buying gear (trading kronos)
+
Its the answer to class balance so everyone can play the flavor of the year, all balance requests can now be answered by players with well just make an XYZ persona

I really hope I am wrong but not optimistic.

Wouldnt be a terrible thing, I thought the shroud system was a PERFECT way to implement higher level toons helping new friends or new players play the game, and it feels like it was completely just missed by the populace.
I use it all the time when I have a friend join the game to see how they like it when they try it out, and i think it works perfectly for that role.

I think the shroud system was good in concept, but implementation and UX leave a lot to be desired.

Laurion's Song​

I am very happy for a new expansion, simply for the life of EQ, but I do see the personas thing is just a way to make it even easier to play another class. Logging off ClericBob and logging onto TankBob was way too much I guess for the non boxers. Now you are ALWAYS CoolBob, any class you unlock. Seems like a TON of work for little payoff. Ah well, I LOVE the last expansion had the TS Depot!

I am just baffled at the video on the right, 2 minutes with no sound. Not even just generic music, could've even just put some of the new LS music in.
that vid is for when you click the preview for the new goodies, it plays just the few seconds of the item you're previewing, so no music. I just happened to link the entire video.

frankly, i really hope they just scrap it entirely. it sounds unmaintainable and something they're going to damage the game with
I 100% agree.

However, if this was their main selling point for the EXP then thats bad.

It reminds me of the Ship to Ship battle instances they offered way back and never delivered on. (AKA which was a big selling point)

I 100% agree.

However, if this was their main selling point for the EXP then thats bad.

It reminds me of the Ship to Ship battle instances they offered way back and never delivered on. (AKA which was a big selling point)

the main selling points to me will always be
  • more zones,
  • more raids,
  • more missions,
  • more grind
  • AKA more content

the AP feature falls under "more grind"
I would love to see it happen.

News - EQ's Expansion 2023 - Laurion's Song Live 12-5-2023 - Patch notes inside

Users who are viewing this thread

Back