• You've discovered RedGuides 📕 an EverQuest multi-boxing community 🛡️🧙🗡️. We want you to play several EQ characters at once, come join us and say hello! 👋
  • IS THIS SITE UGLY? Change the look. To dismiss this notice, click the X --->
Resource icon

Guide - EQBC Idiot's Guide (1 Viewer)

How would I send a request to report info from EQ without it getting parsed in the send request?

Rich (BB code):
/bca //bc ${Me.Name}

I would want all toons to echo their name however it will parse ${Me.Name} and all the toons will /bc m0nk for example....

Because he wants his groupmember's names, not his own. And the MQ2 interpreter will evaluate any ${} variable before sending it over /bc.

Yea was just an example
Issue I have is I want to be able to send a request via EQBC and get a response on EQBC
Problem with echo is you have to go to each character screen, problem with sending via /bca is it parses before it gets sent =(

I would go into MacroQuest.ini, and in the section with the [Aliases] header, add a command like:

Rich (BB code):
/sayname=/bc ${Me.Name}

With this, every toon has a command /sayname that translates to /bc ${Me.Name}

Then, in your in game macro you can do
Rich (BB code):
/bca //sayname

This tells every toon to execute their /sayname command, with the ${} variables interpreted per toon.

You are allowed to use /multiline in the aliases. This is, for example, how I set up a universal follow command (code from memory):

Rich (BB code):
MacroQuest.ini
[Aliases]
/followme=/multiline ; /bca //target ${Me.CleanName} ; /pause 5 ; /bca //stick

Every toon has a Hotkey Follow Me with one line: /followme

How would I send a request to report info from EQ without it getting parsed in the send request?

Rich (BB code):
/bca //bc ${Me.Name}

I would want all toons to echo their name however it will parse ${Me.Name} and all the toons will /bc m0nk for example....

Bit late, but you can use /noparse to accomplish this result as well.

Rich (BB code):
/noparse /bca //bc ${Me.Name}

Having an issue with EQBC and ping timeouts even though the server is on the same computer that I'm running EQ on, any ideas?

Reconnect doesn't work because EQBC doesn't actually drop the connection on a time out, it just hangs until I do /bccmd reconnect on all of my windows. It's really becoming quite irritating.

Having an issue with EQBC and ping timeouts even though the server is on the same computer that I'm running EQ on, any ideas?

Reconnect doesn't work because EQBC doesn't actually drop the connection on a time out, it just hangs until I do /bccmd reconnect on all of my windows. It's really becoming quite irritating.

Sounds more like a windows based problem not a EQBC problem. Run it as administrator, also add it to your firewall. It may still be using your connection as a relay even though your using an internal 127.0.0.1

It is already added to my firewall and running it as admin it a long shot in the dark but I'll try it anyways just because. It isn't an old issue, it just recently started happened 2ish builds ago.

EQBC should be run with the least privileges possible... Anyway, you can try a holyshit with ${EQBC.Connected}... If it's false, execute /bccmd connect... I am not well versed on holyshits, so someone else may be able to tell you how to do it. I can update the plugin for you, but I can't guarantee it's the same EQBC code RG uses.

Rich (BB code):
/bca //bc ${Me.Name}

Some noparse things i have setup on hotkey.

Check EXP
/noparse /bca //bc ${Me.PctExp}
Check Plat
/noparse /bca //bc ${Me.Platinum}

I have a hotkey on the toon that does most of my group driving (while I'm at the computer) that hails:

Rich (BB code):
/bcaa //assist <mytoonname>
/pause 5
/bcaa //hail

Also, (obviously) you can replace the //hail portion with whatever you need your toons to do. I have another hotkey that zones into instances using the zone-in phrase:

Rich (BB code):
/bcaa //assist <mytoonname>
/pause 5
/bcaa //say <zoneinphrase>

Struggling to getting this set up as a service. Any tips would be greatly appreciated

There are programs out there that are free that will take EQBC and turn it into a service. Quick google search should turn one up. One on source forge as well I believe.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Trying to do HA's and need to drop the current task to grab the next one. Is there a command to leave a task that could be used through EQBC so I can do them all at once rather than tabbing through?

Trying to do HA's and need to drop the current task to grab the next one. Is there a command to leave a task that could be used through EQBC so I can do them all at once rather than tabbing through?

Well, are we talking about shared tasks where you can use "/kickplayers task"?

Or are we talking single tasks? which would involve using the Task TLO. I haven't used the default MQ one recently so would have to research and experiment

I am struggling to connect to my home computer from work.

I have 5 characters running on my home computer and hosting EQBC and would like to connect from my laptop at work so I can do some stuff during my lunch break.

I have tried forwarding the 2112 port on my router, I have tried allowing EQBC to connect from private and public networks in my windows firewall settings. I have even tried turning off windows firewall completely and connecting to my computer's IPv4 address as well as the IP address that whatismyip gives me and nothing works.

Anyone have some ideas how to get this working?

I am struggling to connect to my home computer from work.

I have 5 characters running on my home computer and hosting EQBC and would like to connect from my laptop at work so I can do some stuff during my lunch break.

I have tried forwarding the 2112 port on my router, I have tried allowing EQBC to connect from private and public networks in my windows firewall settings. I have even tried turning off windows firewall completely and connecting to my computer's IPv4 address as well as the IP address that whatismyip gives me and nothing works.

Anyone have some ideas how to get this working?

Have you verified the port is open and visible from the internet? You for sure that you are using the correct public IP for your home? You sure that your ISP isn't in someway blocking it (carrier grade NAT)? You should be able to check those with different websites. For ISP blocking it with a CGN appliance, you should be able to tell use the first two octets of your IP and we can tell. 100.75.x.x or is it 203.73.x.x.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Its possible your work has an appliance type firewall and not letting that out as well. Can you open a command prompt and ping that address?

Re: MQ2EQBC How To

Might have figured it out. Will be able to test it later.

I used the canyouseeme site and it couldnt see port 2112. After looking deeper when I added the port forward my router opens it for specific devices on my network and it was opened on a computer other than the one I want to host from

Sent from my SM-G920W8 using Tapatalk

I am just now starting to try this out, and all i can say is wow. I am still learning/making basic command keys but its astonishing how suddenly different the game and character interaction can be.

So Im having a problem with the latest Compile actually connecting to EQBC. For some reason when I use the Command /BCCMD Connect it gives me "This is not a valid command" This was working less than 1 month ago so not sure what the difference/issue is.

Adding this here in case someone wants to know info from connected toons.
Rich (BB code):
/bcg //bct ${Me} hi there my name is $\{Me.Name} my macro state is $\{Macro.Paused}
The above code will just report the name of each toon connected and in your group and if their macro is running.

Note that doing $\ instead of $ in front of {} will make eqbc interpret it as a query for the grouped toon instead of parsing it for the toon "asking"

And to the guy above: do /plugin mq2eqbc

Guide - EQBC Idiot's Guide

Users who are viewing this thread

Back