• You've discovered RedGuides 📕 an EverQuest multi-boxing community 🛡️🧙🗡️. We want you to play several EQ characters at once, come join us and say hello! 👋
  • IS THIS SITE UGLY? Change the look. To dismiss this notice, click the X --->
Resource icon

Guide - EQBC Idiot's Guide (1 Viewer)

One more quick question.
Is there a standalone monitor for EQBC?
Can I monitor it from another computer without running EQ on that computer?
I have the APP and it's great but would really like a remote monitor for the PC or MAC.

-Wolf

Yeah, this would be perfect.

Yes you can run the server on any comptuer. You have to open up and reconfigure your eqbc server on your main computer to accept connections from other computers on the network. You have to assisgn it an IP then open it in your router for your internal net work then connect to it from the other computer. the instructions are in the post you just have to read them carefully.

Thats the general idea. Its not that hard but it can get tricky.

You can use channels I forget how of the top of my head but i wil post on it later today.

I also programmed Kissassist to spam to different channels you can assisgn so its easier to keep track of BUT you can also run 2 instances for eqbc as well and assign each group to connect a different eqbc server.

Yes you can run the server on any comptuer. You have to open up and reconfigure your eqbc server on your main computer to accept connections from other computers on the network. You have to assisgn it an IP then open it in your router for your internal net work then connect to it from the other computer. the instructions are in the post you just have to read them carefully.

Setting up the server is no problem for me as I work in IT and all that junk.

I was looking for a standalone EQBC monitor so I could watch the spam on another computer without having to run EQ to get the EQBC window.
I have the Android APP.. something like that only for PC or maybe even MAC.
I'll go through the documentation again just to make sure there isn't something already available.

STOP the PRESSES!

If you dig long enough.. you find :)

I found this on the MacroQuest2 main site.

eqbci2.png

Available at MacroQuest2.com

Just what the doctor ordered!!

Edit: Just found that it's got logging built in! Hot damn!
I can log all traffic on a separate computer!

Third Edit: If I can't get channels working I'll just setup two servers, each on different ports. Mainly I wanted to see both teams in the same EQBC window. I ran two instances of this program and all was good.

Last edited:
Yar that is ieatacids EQBC interface. He prefers that you are a member of VIP Macroquest2.com before you download it. FYI

ieatacid said:
I put this in the plugin section because it's to be used with the MQ2EQBC plugin and is for VIP (macroquest2.com) forum members only.

This is a stand-alone client with a GUI window for connected to an EQBC server, sending commands to it, and receiving commands from other connected clients (this program doesn't react to incoming commands, it's just to see what the others are doing). No source code

/bccmd channels comma,separated,list,of,channels,to,join
Channels WILL NOT exist if only 1 person is in the channel (weird I know).
/bct ChannelName YourText will transmit YourText to everyone connected to the Channel. Channels act more like direct messages because they use BCT, and not BCA / Main chat.

Is there a standalone monitor for EQBC?
Can I monitor it from another computer without running EQ on that computer?
I have the APP and it's great but would really like a remote monitor for the PC or MAC.

Ieatacid has an EQBCInterface. It is kinda hokey a lot of people love it, considering it was written in like 2005 it isn't bad.
I can tell you right now it isn't compatible with character strings over 512 bytes. I had Masoki update RG EQBCS to accept up to 1024 bytes. I have a C# client / admin tool that I've been working on that does more than just monitor your chat. Once I get more time I'll be releasing a beta for that app as well. I have SMS notifications / Kill EQ Clients if anyone in the group is in the bind zone, Restart macros if they end for whatever reason, Loot chaining for KissAssist (Goes through and toggles loot as each toons inventory fills up), Execute GTFO if certain number of Players are in a defined range, etc... Doing all this using JSON strings between my client and EQBCS.
Working on a mobile app with a cloud service for SMS Alerts / Push Notifications as well.
/endselfplug

well kick me in the head tone your something I came here to see if eqbc would work with win8 and see that what i really want is your app lol the looting setup has been on my wishlist.. you know its rude to be in someone elses head .. anywho looking forward to it

Btw it works on windows 8. I run my main group on a windows 8 box, and my other group on a windows 7 box.
Can probably spin up a 3rd group on my windows 8 box ... it's a good test case atleast, I want to specifically only kill sessions that belong to the group that is being shut down.

I have it working, so that I can run my group + a bazaar mule, and the bazaar mule doesn't get nuked when some one gets too close / some one dies without being rez'd. (Blessing of Rez + Kiss Assist Battle Rez = profit).

- - - Updated - - -

well kick me in the head tone your something I came here to see if eqbc would work with win8 and see that what i really want is your app lol the looting setup has been on my wishlist.. you know its rude to be in someone elses head .. anywho looking forward to it

To be fair I was pretty active around the MQ2 scene in 2003-2005. Part of that is actually what lead to what I do now. I'm a .NET Software Architect, and just came back to EQ in like July.

Ieatacid has an EQBCInterface. It is kinda hokey a lot of people love it, considering it was written in like 2005 it isn't bad.
I can tell you right now it isn't compatible with character strings over 512 bytes. I had Masoki update RG EQBCS to accept up to 1024 bytes. I have a C# client / admin tool that I've been working on that does more than just monitor your chat. Once I get more time I'll be releasing a beta for that app as well. I have SMS notifications / Kill EQ Clients if anyone in the group is in the bind zone, Restart macros if they end for whatever reason, Loot chaining for KissAssist (Goes through and toggles loot as each toons inventory fills up), Execute GTFO if certain number of Players are in a defined range, etc... Doing all this using JSON strings between my client and EQBCS.
Working on a mobile app with a cloud service for SMS Alerts / Push Notifications as well.
/endselfplug

That would be right on time!
Anxiously waiting.....

how do you get it to run on win8? the microsoft package they want you to install says its not compatible

Re: MQ2EQBC How To

Post me a screenshot. Not sure what you are having problems with. I have EQBCS and the MQ2EQBC plugin running fine on my windows 8 box.

I don't use ieatacid's UI, but I just tested it and it worked fine.

havent tried running it but it says to install windows resource kit 2003 when i go to get it says its incompatible with win8

Shouldn't need it that is old info for XP. Should run fine. I don't run EQBCS as a service, so no idea if that works. Thought about rewriting EQBCS into a real .NET windows service, but if it's not broke don't fix it :)

alright having an issue got the server running and am able to log into it with the interface from a couple of posts up but cannot connect to it with my android app i opened the port 2112 using port forwarding on my tmobile 4g lte hotspot and even disabled the firewall on my pc to try and see where the problem is.. any ideas of what i may have missed?

Yes via wireless not hard wired. and the hotspot is acting as the router in my house. ie no other routers present

if i hook to the router via wifi with my phone it works without a hitch its just when i am trying to enter from the outside

Last edited:
Setting up the server is no problem for me as I work in IT and all that junk.

I was looking for a standalone EQBC monitor so I could watch the spam on another computer without having to run EQ to get the EQBC window.
I have the Android APP.. something like that only for PC or maybe even MAC.
I'll go through the documentation again just to make sure there isn't something already available.

STOP the PRESSES!

If you dig long enough.. you find :)

I found this on the MacroQuest2 main site.

View attachment 5848

Available at MacroQuest2.com

Just what the doctor ordered!!

Edit: Just found that it's got logging built in! Hot damn!
I can log all traffic on a separate computer!

Third Edit: If I can't get channels working I'll just setup two servers, each on different ports. Mainly I wanted to see both teams in the same EQBC window. I ran two instances of this program and all was good.

whats the link? i dont want to spend years trying to find it lol

Yes via wireless not hard wired. and the hotspot is acting as the router in my house. ie no other routers present

if i hook to the router via wifi with my phone it works without a hitch its just when i am trying to enter from the outside

Make sure you have a static IP for the box that you are trying to forward requests on 2112. Make sure you are using the right public IP. IPCHICKEN.COM from your server ><
If what you are saying is 100% accurate it should be working.

yea checked all that i just have to assume that the hotspot isnt forwarding properly or something tmobile is doing is stopping it from working . cant really think of anything else to try atm

Rich (BB code):
/bccmd autoconnect on
/bccmd reconnect on

This need to be

Rich (BB code):
/bccmd set autoconnect on

Thanks for this guide !

- - - Updated - - -

whats the link? i dont want to spend years trying to find it lol

Regarding your Question Teichou (i know answering that question is like necro'ing an old thread, BUT i wrote prior to this post an error correction to something in the first post (GREAT guide!)) : LINK would be the link you are asking for, but the download link from ieatacid is down, so i dont know where to get an copy.

edit: Got an copy from an kindly user on macroquest2.com. Can't attach files here, so if an mod want it mailed, gimme an hint.

Rich (BB code):
SHA256:	534bc61e099276252edc388c93ecc8b984125bfc7358ea6644c187b665b1fc5f
Dateiname:	EQBC Interface.exe
Erkennungsrate:	 0 / 48
Analyse-Datum:	 2014-01-07 21:30:57 UTC ( vor 0 Minuten ) 
0 0
 Probably harmless! There are strong indicators suggesting that this file is safe to use.
 Analyse
 File detail
 Zusätzliche Informationen
 Kommentare
 Bewertungen
Antivirus	 Ergebnis	 Aktualisierung
AVG		 20140107
Ad-Aware		 20140107
Agnitum		 20140107
AhnLab-V3		 20140107
AntiVir		 20140107
Antiy-AVL		 20140107
Avast		 20140107
Baidu-International		 20131213
BitDefender		 20140107
Bkav		 20140107
ByteHero		 20131226
CAT-QuickHeal		 20140107
ClamAV		 20140107
Commtouch		 20140107
Comodo		 20140107
DrWeb		 20140107
ESET-NOD32		 20140107
Emsisoft		 20140107
F-Prot		 20140107
F-Secure		 20140107
Fortinet		 20140107
GData		 20140107
Ikarus		 20140107
Jiangmin		 20140107
K7AntiVirus		 20140107
K7GW		 20140107
Kaspersky		 20140107
Kingsoft		 20130829
Malwarebytes		 20140107
McAfee		 20140107
McAfee-GW-Edition		 20140107
MicroWorld-eScan		 20140107
Microsoft		 20140107
NANO-Antivirus		 20140107
Norman		 20140107
Panda		 20140107
Rising		 20140107
SUPERAntiSpyware		 20140107
Sophos		 20140107
Symantec		 20140107
TheHacker		 20140107
TotalDefense		 20140107
TrendMicro		 20140107
TrendMicro-HouseCall		 20140107
VBA32		 20140105
VIPRE		 20140107
ViRobot		 20140107
nProtect		 20140107

Last edited:
Since I have a way to do autofollow and assist through ISBoxer, is EQBC going to do anything else for me that I cannot already do with ISBoxer?

It allows to see what is going on with other toons using kiss with pulls, tanking, heals and mez. Plus you can issue any mq2 command to all the toons at once if need be.

Since I have a way to do autofollow and assist through ISBoxer, is EQBC going to do anything else for me that I cannot already do with ISBoxer?

Like what maskoi says, I use it for many things with the most frequent being telling all my toons to target the tank (/bca //target MYTANK) then starting kissassist on them all (/bca //mac kissassist). I also use it to get everyone to switch to the tank's target (/bca //switch) or to tell just one toon to switch (/bct TOON //switch). Also if you like to have one "main" you can use it to reply to other tells or guild from a specific toon (/bct tankname //gu hello world).

Personally I use the AFK stealth mode app to hide all the toons windows except one. I use EQBC to issue all commands from that one.

probably a noob question here but need a lil help

running 2 comps via eqbc and have noticed that on one computer my EQBC spam is being echoed in my normal EQ "other" chat window, how do i stop this?

also this may have been covered but i got lost amongst previous posts lol, how do i use two sessions of EQBCS? i.e team1 on comp2 connect to EQBCS1, team 2 on comp2 connect to EQBCS2, tank1 on comp1 connect to EQBCS1 and tank2 on comp1 connect to EQBCS2 ?
idiots guide to setting that up would be good and am i limited to just 2 sessions of EQBCS?

You need to run the computers on different ports.
Default is 2112. Make second computer use different port such as 2113.

Here's how I do it.

1. Download EQBCS2 on computer you want to run on port 2113 (not a link to MQ2 lvl 2 file)
2. Unzip and copy to a folder of your choosing. I made it "C:\EQBCS"
3. Make a shortcut to the server like this. (notice the -p 2113)
Rich (BB code):
C:\EQBCS\EQBCS2.exe -p 2113

4. Edit MQ2EQBC.ini file and change all 2112 to 2113 (Use Find & Replace to replace all 2112 with 2113.)
5. Run EQBCS2 via the shortcut you made.
6. Start MQ2 as normal. All toons should be talking on port 2113 on this computer.

Optional:
1. Run EQBC Interface on main computer.
Set it to monitor port 2113
Monitor and Control remote toons via EQBC Interface from main computer.

2. Put this short cut in the windows start up folder to make the server run each time Windows starts. (takes up one process)
Windows 7 (maybe 8) = "C:\Users\<Your User Name>\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\Windows\Start Menu\Programs\Startup"
WindowsXP = "C:\Documents and Settings\<Your User Name>\Start Menu\Programs"

Enjoy

-Wolf

- - - Updated - - -

You need to run the computers on different ports.
Default is 2112. Make second computer use different port such as 2113.

Here's how I do it.

1. Download EQBCS2 on computer you want to run on port 2113 (not a link to MQ2 lvl 2 file)
2. Unzip and copy to a folder of your choosing. I made it "C:\EQBCS"
3. Make a shortcut to the server like this. (notice the -p 2113)
Rich (BB code):
C:\EQBCS\EQBCS2.exe -p 2113

4. Edit MQ2EQBC.ini file and change all 2112 to 2113 (Use Find & Replace to replace all 2112 with 2113.)
5. Run EQBCS2 via the shortcut you made.
6. Start MQ2 as normal. All toons should be talking on port 2113 on this computer.

Optional:
1. Run EQBC Interface on main computer.
Set it to monitor port 2113
Monitor and Control remote toons via EQBC Interface from main computer.

2. Put this short cut in the windows start up folder to make the server run each time Windows starts. (takes up one process)
Windows 7 (maybe 8) = "C:\Users\<Your User Name>\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\Windows\Start Menu\Programs\Startup"
WindowsXP = "C:\Documents and Settings\<Your User Name>\Start Menu\Programs"

Enjoy

-Wolf

can you run two instances of EQBC on one computer, instance 1 for toons on comp1 and inst2 for team on comp2 plus 1 on comp1?

Yes
Just make a short cut for each one and specify different port numbers on each one.

...\EQBCS2.exe -p -port number-

I have an old EEEPC with broken screen that I use for EQBC server and run 4 instances on it.

i cant get this to work to save my life , i have a computer at home, and the computer i use away from home, i want to play eq with both computers and run eqbc server on home computer and connect from laptop awayfrom home, what do i need to do because? /bccmd connect 192.168.1.xxx does not work for me and i opend port 2112 on my router for both tcp and udp thanks in advance and server is running on home computer and it can connect with that command

i cant get this to work to save my life , i have a computer at home, and the computer i use away from home, i want to play eq with both computers and run eqbc server on home computer and connect from laptop awayfrom home, what do i need to do because? /bccmd connect 192.168.1.xxx does not work for me and i opend port 2112 on my router for both tcp and udp thanks in advance and server is running on home computer and it can connect with that command

That's going to be tough without network knowledge.
First you have to find your real IP, the IP of your cable box / DSL modem, the IP that connects you to the outside world.

Go to WhatsMyIP find your IP.
Then try to use that to connect /bccmd connect xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx 2112 then if you've setup port forwarding correctly and if your windows firewall configured for it on both ends and the stars are all in align, you'll get thru ))

Edit: forgot to mention, this won't work from your house, you have to be in the remote location or use another device like your phone that's using 4G or something else besides WiFi.

That's going to be tough without network knowledge.
First you have to find your real IP, the IP of your cable box / DSL modem, the IP that connects you to the outside world.

Go to WhatsMyIP find your IP.
Then try to use that to connect /bccmd connect xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx 2112 then if you've setup port forwarding correctly and if your windows firewall configured for it on both ends and the stars are all in align, you'll get thru ))

Edit: forgot to mention, this won't work from your house, you have to be in the remote location or use another device like your phone that's using 4G or something else besides WiFi.

ok so at home i have att uverse, i have thier motorola nvg510 (modem/router) it ip address is xxx.xxx.xxx.xx i had to do a ip passthrough by useing my Linksys BEFW11S4 routers (mac adress).

then i did a port forward opened 2112 tcp and udp for 192.168.1.xxx

then i start mq2eqbcs.exe on home computer. then away from home useing an att mobile 4g internet device hooked to laptop, i run comand in game ans says connecting, then says could not connect. can connect useing 192.168.1.xxx only on computer running it. the 192.168 number is the ipv4 for computer running the server...

Let me say this one more time.
Without networking knowledge, this is going to be very tough.

Can you ping your Motorola from the laptop?
Do you have the firewall setup on both machines? Do you have static IP on your PC?
I know you already connected at home but when you're off the internal network, your laptop may go into PUBLIC mode.
Did you Google "how to setup port forwarding for Linksys BEFW11S4" ?? It may seem straight forward in the admin screen but they don't all work perfectly. May have to do some work around or special shit.
Google "how to setup port forwarding in Motorola NVG510". They both have to be setup for port forwarding.

That should get you almost there.

As you can see, your dealing with three different networks and two router/modem.
EQBC remote.jpg

This isn't tough or difficult for someone with no networking experience. Don't try to make it sound harder than it actually is, lol.

Go to canyouseeme.com on the computer that the server is running on. Type in the port you're using for eqbc. If it says closed, you forwarded it wrong or your firewall is blocking it and it needs to be opened/disabled. If it says open then you're still trying to connect to the wrong IP address.

Easy as that.

This isn't tough or difficult for someone with no networking experience. Don't try to make it sound harder than it actually is, lol.

Go to canyouseeme.com on the computer that the server is running on. Type in the port you're using for eqbc. If it says closed, you forwarded it wrong or your firewall is blocking it and it needs to be opened/disabled. If it says open then you're still trying to connect to the wrong IP address.

Easy as that.

this was probably the post that made the light go off upstairs, thanks. it worked when you are running from a computer off of a different network that is hosting the eqbc server, you dont use the ipv4 ip that the above instructions state. you use the physical ip of your modem/router not the computer, Unless you have a STATIC ip, then you can use the ipv4 of the computer running the server..... Oh BTW it is canyouseeme.org not .com

Thanks all who replied, i like that wolfborn took time to do up a drawing, this helped understand what i was trying to accomplish.. excellent job as always!!

with that being fixed, it brings up a new question...
why is it that the Tank/Puller, is the onlything being monitored in eqbc even though i have all other mtoons connected also? is there a setting to monitor, all aa unspent, who is casting what and doing what through eqbc. i downloaded the android app for the purpose to monitor toons at home and know what they doing and when. but both server and app only display what my puller/tank are doing

The command "/bccmd autoconnect on" gives me an error of unsupported commands and then lists the commands. Autoconnect is not one of the commands listed. What am I doing wrong?

Anyone care to help me set up EQBCMobile? I cant seem to get it to connect...

I am working on an Android release of my eqbci if you want to try it out. :) I have never used EQBCMobile though. It may be a better product. Mine is still in pre-release testing.

I am working on an Android release of my eqbci if you want to try it out. :) I have never used EQBCMobile though. It may be a better product. Mine is still in pre-release testing.
Absolutely. I'm always willing to test and offer my amatuer user feed back

Guide - EQBC Idiot's Guide

Users who are viewing this thread

Back