• You've discovered RedGuides 📕 an EverQuest multi-boxing community 🛡️🧙🗡️. We want you to play several EQ characters at once, come join us and say hello! 👋
  • IS THIS SITE UGLY? Click "RG3" at the very bottom-left of this page to change it. To dismiss this notice, click the X --->
Resource icon

Guide - EQBC Idiot's Guide (1 Viewer)

RedCents
2,133¢
you can install just abouy anything as a windows service

> stack overflow answer <

or > here <

To create a Windows Service from an executable, you can use sc.exe:

sc.exe create <new_service_name> binPath= "<path_to_the_service_executable>"

You must have quotation marks around the actual exe path, and a space after the binPath=.

More information on the sc command can be found in Microsoft KB251192.

Note that it will not work for just any executable: the executable must be a Windows Service (i.e. implement ServiceMain). When registering a non-service executable as a service, you'll get the following error upon trying to start the service:

There are tools that can create a Windows Service from arbitrary, non-service executables, see the other answers for examples of such tools.
Thanks, Sic. I'll try this when I get home.

RedCents
131¢
I want to install and run EQBC, but I think may have messed something up. Please offer help/advise if you have it.
When i initially started it up, i got the windows command prompt were I was supposed to check both boxes for interna/external networks, but I didn't. I only checked the box for internal.
Now it won't behave right - cannot accept connect commands from my characters.
How can I correct this? Is there a file can delete to start over or is there a particular file whose properties i can edit?
Thanks,

Redbot

🖥️💖
RedCents
76,773¢
I want to install and run EQBC, but I think may have messed something up. Please offer help/advise if you have it.
When i initially started it up, i got the windows command prompt were I was supposed to check both boxes for interna/external networks, but I didn't. I only checked the box for internal.
Now it won't behave right - cannot accept connect commands from my characters.
How can I correct this? Is there a file can delete to start over or is there a particular file whose properties i can edit?
Thanks,
Is there a reason you prefer eqbc to dannet?

RedCents
131¢
No, just the guy who is helping me figure it out said to use eqbc - I am clueless as the difference in how they work - but i think i want to correct what I've screwed up anyway

Users who are viewing this thread