• You've discovered RedGuides 📕 an EverQuest multi-boxing community 🛡️🧙🗡️. We want you to play several EQ characters at once, come join us and say hello! 👋
  • IS THIS SITE UGLY? Change the look. To dismiss this notice, click the X --->

Question - Which box characters to sub? (1 Viewer)

whytdrumer

RedCents
1,014¢
I have two box crews (listed below). I’m curious which toons you would recommend subbing to get prestige gear and which toons would you possibly get raid gear on?

Caster crew: SK, CLR, ENC, MAG, MAG, NEC
Melee crew: SK, SHM, BRD, BER, ROG, BST

My thoughts are to sub the SK and get raid gear for him since he’s my main tank.

I was thinking of subbing my SHM, MAG (my fav class and I enjoy playing, and the ROG/NEC (on the same account)

I’d love your thoughts and why you recommend certain classes.

Yah, SK for sure.

There seems to be a significant difference in HP and Mana when my SHM is subbed compared to when he's not. Might be the same for CLR, not sure.

Casters benefit least from gear and stats, while melee and your class taking the hits benefits most. Bard and Shaman can definitely be Silver and still be quite effective. Sub your tank and as many melee DPS as you can manage IMHO.

And yeah get rank 2 spell unlocks on your casters.

If I had to choose 3 of those, I would sub the SK, a priest and in your case likely a mage or nec, depending on your goals.
Sk, SHM, Nec would be a great core-team, if you like to do raidtrash-runs for the luck augs as well. the Nec would bring the instant-rezz the shm is missing and a really decent offtank, whenever needed.
As long as those 3 are on their toes, the dps can do their work. I would stick the bard into that team as well, which for all content I have seen is more than sufficent cc and nioce dps-booster as well. the remaining 2 slots can be either caster for open world camps or a more lazy approach, or a couple of melee for a change.

Yea Tanks are a given, then beyond that I'd just do the Zerk, Rogue, and Bst as they will be do much more dmg. You could consider the bard too but I'd put that lower priority than the melee dps. Casters and Healers can perform just fine without prestige gear/augs as long as they have all critical AAs.

So it sounds like maybe I’d get more DPS if I subbed the BER and maybe BST? And maybe just krono the casters to get their Rk 2 spells?
Krono will ONLY give them RK 2 spells while they are paid. Once Krono wears off so does RK 2 and they go back to casing RK 1.

You can only see the RK 2 upgrade thing in marketplace when your on a free account - it does not show in marketplace on paid account. So if you wanted to buy it you would need to do so while free status.

I would check out the difference between the RK 1 and RK 2 - easy to do on Allah since they are listed right after each other and see if its enough of a difference to bother with getting the unlocker. I found on many of mine it was very little increase using RK 2.

But it is a good idea to Krono up on the casters for a month and do the Auto Grant to get almost all the AA they need over the limit. They will keep them when they revert back to free.

Last edited:
Krono will ONLY give them RK 2 spells while they are paid. Once Krono wears off so does RK 2 and they go back to casing RK 1.

You can only see the RK 2 upgrade thing in marketplace when your on a free account - it does not show in marketplace on paid account. So if you wanted to buy it you would need to do so while free status.

I would check out the difference between the RK 1 and RK 2 - easy to do on Allah since they are listed right after each other and see if its enough of a difference to bother with getting the unlocker. I found on many of mine it was very little increase using RK 2.

But it is a good idea to Krono up on the casters for a month and do the Auto Grant to get almost all the spells they need over the limit. They will keep them when they revert back to free.
yeah krono to max AA for sure

I have two box crews (listed below). I’m curious which toons you would recommend subbing to get prestige gear and which toons would you possibly get raid gear on?

Caster crew: SK, CLR, ENC, MAG, MAG, NEC
Melee crew: SK, SHM, BRD, BER, ROG, BST

My thoughts are to sub the SK and get raid gear for him since he’s my main tank.

I was thinking of subbing my SHM, MAG (my fav class and I enjoy playing, and the ROG/NEC (on the same account)

I’d love your thoughts and why you recommend certain classes.
Sub the tanks, everything else non-prestige ftp. Difference between rk i and rk II is neglible on dps classes, don't worry about it. If you need more dps then add a second of whatever class for synergy hits (unless you're a rogue, then make sure all melee/range user poison potions)

I have about 70 toons now and only the 4 tanks and 2 of the rogues are sub. The rogues were a test and I'm too lazy to regear them ftp or I'd stop those subs as well lol
haha so out of the 70 toons, in an ideal world only your 4 tanks would be subbed. Nice. Ok so it sounds like I should just sub my main SK and just Krono all the other toons to max AAs. Thanks everyone for the insight.

haha so out of the 70 toons, in an ideal world only your 4 tanks would be subbed. Nice. Ok so it sounds like I should just sub my main SK and just Krono all the other toons to max AAs. Thanks everyone for the insight.
Yeah, used to sub 6, after all the suspensions I only sub my Tank. Then a krono on them all to max AA when a new expansion releases. So now I am back to only subbing the Tank again. Still doing all content.

Question - Which box characters to sub?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back