• You've discovered RedGuides 📕 an EverQuest multi-boxing community 🛡️🧙🗡️. We want you to play several EQ characters at once, come join us and say hello! 👋
  • IS THIS SITE UGLY? Change the look. To dismiss this notice, click the X --->

Funny - What is happening right now at Daybreak / Darkpaw? (1 Viewer)

giphy.gif

use our new gif button ;)
1589998952053.png

Last edited:
Edit- beaten to it- I’ll extend the idea rather than have 2 of the same gif :) An old classic is what I have in mind...

Last edited:
https://forums.daybreakgames.com/eq...esday-may-19th-10-00-am.266229/#post-3915150>

Current server downtime has been extended 6 hours to 10 PM PDT.

We wanted to provide some additional background for this extension and the prolonged downtime for you.

We started the server merge and the first merge test was done by 2 PM yesterday.

Unfortunately we are not able to test these changes on live servers before the changes occur, we started running checks and things were progressing as normal. Around that time we started to run into issues with real estate, in addition to that, there were problems with deleted characters that were causing the script to allow duplicate player names.

Resurrecting older tech is fraught with surprise dragons, and this tech was resurrected when we merged (blank) onto Trakanon, which if you played at the time you recall the real estate issues. The goal this time around was to make sure that issue would not be repeated.

However at 2 PM on 5/19 we had to restore data for all players on our merged servers, we fixed the discovered issues in the merge process and started them again only to discover additional issues revealed by the fix.

I want to reassure you, in some way, shape, or form someone from the ops and engineering team have been working to solve these issues since 10 AM yesterday. This is our top priority, and all hands are on deck until it is solved.

The specific reason for this extension is that we have finalized checks on a successful merge at 2 PM PDT. We can now move forward with the other merges and the live patch, which is what is accounted for in this extension.

At this point we are unable to stop the server merges and just bring everything up because of several threads that have already begun their processes and a full rollback of those would take significantly longer than the time extension.

We know that you are all eager to play and thank you for your understanding and patience while we continue the process.

36 hour patch. Hmm that might be a new record. I certainly remember some long ones and some that were up and down, but never 36 hours straight. And let's be honest who actually thinks they will be back up and working correctly at 10pm?

36 hour patch. Hmm that might be a new record. I certainly remember some long ones and some that were up and down, but never 36 hours straight. And let's be honest who actually thinks they will be back up and working correctly at 10pm?

They have had longer. I think a dupe+rollback once took a week, and I remember the game being offline a whole month before because of security updates.

They cancelled The IT Crowd too early, I loved that show.

We can now share the camera feed to the ops folks in the server room who finally managed to get everything working again

Funny - What is happening right now at Daybreak / Darkpaw?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back