• You've discovered RedGuides 📕 an EverQuest multi-boxing community 🛡️🧙🗡️. We want you to play several EQ characters at once, come join us and say hello! 👋
  • IS THIS SITE UGLY? Change the look. To dismiss this notice, click the X --->

Patch - Unscheduled Downtime December 8 2022 + Patch notes (1 Viewer)

Sic

[sic]
RedCents
25,762¢
Pronouns
He/Him
This ended up having a new .exe
Unscheduled .exe means extra work for MQ devs, and means we need to be patient.

It will likely be at least a few hours until MQ is patched and RG can rebuild - hang tight

All EverQuest Live Servers will be brought offline on Thursday, December 8, 2022 at 10:00 AM PT* for an important update. Downtime is expected to last approximately 3 hours.

*** Items ***

- Tradable: Tradeskill Component Depot Slot (x20) no longer stack.
- The Overseer reward for Extra Life can now only be claimed after Seeds of Destruction is open.
- The Majestic Mallard Mount reward for Extra Life can now only be claimed after Shadows of Luclin is open.
- Royal Antonican weapon ornament rewards can no longer be claimed while socketed into a weapon.

*** Quests & Events ***

- Shar Vahl, Divided - A Peace Offering - The grimling reports can now combined within Shainai's Satchel.
- The Darklight Caverns mercenary quests will now drop no more than 6 quest items per creature.
- Added experience to all Night of Shadows quests and added coins to the tasks that were missing coins.
- The Spirit Fades (Raid) - This is now properly locked until Night of Shadows phase three raids open (3/4/2023).

*** NPCs ***

- Shar Vahl, Divided - Combatable NPC difficulty has been tuned to match the loot distribution.
- Shar Vahl, Divided Pit - Combatable NPCs will now run faster, on par with NPCs in other zones.
- Shar Vahl, Divided Pit - Scorpions will now cast the correct sting spells.
- Mercenary Liaison Aemlai Psawaslleh in Plane of Knowledge will no longer appear before Secrets of Faydwer is open.
- NPCs in Night of Shadows base zones will now drop coin.

*** Collections ***

- Moved an unreachable collectable in Ruins of Shadowhaven.

*** Overseer ***

- The Terror of Luclin Overseer rewards are now properly restricted to Nights of Shadows.

*** Miscellaneous ***

- Fixed a bug that could potentially cause personal Tradeskill Depot items to be lost

The MacroQuest scene has two standout developers who have requested tips from RedGuides users: @brainiac and @dannuic

To keep our favorite software modernized and updated, please consider contributing.

brainiac's tip thread is here:
https://www.redguides.com/community/threads/donate-to-mq2-dev-brainiac.71209/

dannuic's tip thread is here:
https://www.redguides.com/community/threads/tip-the-mq2-dev-dannuic.75656/

Thank you!

Last edited:
All EverQuest Live Servers will be brought offline on Thursday, December 8, 2022 at 10:00 AM PT* for an important update. Downtime is expected to last approximately 3 hours.

the post above you has the details :p

Come on I just want to play...............

Angry Season 6 GIF by The Office

3 reasons to hit the gym @Ladon ...
show women GIF
Workout Gym GIF by Chic Society
Back Squat GIF by Gymshark

The end

23 years and counting. 0-29 :bang:
I do not even remember what previous expansions looked like on release, but I didn't think it was that bad? Scars of Velious, and Shadows of Luclin both were pretty easy transitions from memory.

I do not even remember what previous expansions looked like on release, but I didn't think it was that bad? Scars of Velious, and Shadows of Luclin both were pretty easy transitions from memory.
Your joking on the SoL right? that might have been one of the worst game launches in history....

but the new MQ2 version is not available so we cannot use it as th date is not the same as the game. Any idea how to solve that ?

but the new MQ2 version is not available so we cannot use it as th date is not the same as the game. Any idea how to solve that ?
there is no such thing as MQ2 - just MQ these days (important for clarity sake).

but MQ has to be rebuilt anytime there is an EQ update.

it is likely to be at least a few more hours since today was an unscheduled patch.

As soon as MQ is rebuilt, RG will rebuild and you'll be back in action

Your joking on the SoL right? that might have been one of the worst game launches in history....
Really? I didn't remember it being that bad except the 1st-day servers were down way longer, and it took forever to patch. But I thought the zones looked good, Vah Shir's looked good. I don't remember that it was that bad. I had solid hardware back then, so the DirectX change wasn't a big deal.

Really? I didn't remember it being that bad except the 1st-day servers were down way longer, and it took forever to patch. But I thought the zones looked good, Vah Shir's looked good. I don't remember that it was that bad. I had solid hardware back then, so the DirectX change wasn't a big deal.
The servers went down for... 3 out of the 4 weeks that month?

Was wondering if the launcher update is out, my screen said unviable but it's been 1hr and 45min. Usually, it doesn't take Redguide this long to update. please, anyone, let me know if is out or if there is a wait time. If it's my end I would like to fix

Was wondering if the launcher update is out, my screen said unviable but it's been 1hr and 45min. Usually, it doesn't take Redguide this long to update. please, anyone, let me know if is out or if there is a wait time. If it's my end I would like to fix
no it isn't.

it is an unscheduled patch today.

it will be up when is.

Thanks for being patient

i said said:
but MQ has to be rebuilt anytime there is an EQ update.

it is likely to be at least a few more hours since today was an unscheduled patch.

As soon as MQ is rebuilt, RG will rebuild and you'll be back in action

Patch - Unscheduled Downtime December 8 2022 + Patch notes

Users who are viewing this thread

Back