• You've discovered RedGuides 📕 an EverQuest multi-boxing community 🛡️🧙🗡️. We want you to play several EQ characters at once, come join us and say hello! 👋
  • IS THIS SITE UGLY? Change the look. To dismiss this notice, click the X --->

Funny - Tell me you’re and old gamer without saying you’re an old gamer. (1 Viewer)

Y'all know they can link your EQ chars specifically with that detailed of data right. Yes they probably already know everyone that's ever used, but they don't know who on this forum is linked to what, if they want to now they can.

Had my cleric on a pickup raid in Hate looking for some of that cool purple armor. We had moved really deep into the zone when I fell asleep. Had to wait a couple of days for another guild to raid. Was able to talk their monk into retrieving my corpse. Lo and behold, my worst fears didn't come true, my gear hadn't rotted yet!

Last edited:
In another thread someone said you should get a G15/19 keyboard to help with hotkeys and that sent me down a rabbit hole... I had one of these but it has been misplaced in house moves, no idea where it is now... Did I give it to someone? Did I sell it? Was it stolen? Where could it be... The attic, the garage, my parent's house? So many places to consider.

Figured I'd go on Amazon, see what the G15 is rockin these days, what's it cost now, what are the new features... Might be just easier to buy a new one than waste time searching, time is money these days.

Well... Looks as though it hasn't been produced since 2005... LULZ

In another thread someone said you should get a G15/19 keyboard to help with hotkeys and that sent me down a rabbit hole... I had one of these but it has been misplaced in house moves, no idea where it is now... Did I give it to someone? Did I sell it? Was it stolen? Where could it be... The attic, the garage, my parent's house? So many places to consider.

Figured I'd go on Amazon, see what the G15 is rockin these days, what's it cost now, what are the new features... Might be just easier to buy a new one than waste time searching, time is money these days.

Well... Looks as though it hasn't been produced since 2005... LULZ
Man I remember getting a G15. I never did take full advantage of it though.

My friend and I would make our own custom DOOM and Warcraft 2 maps to play coop over dialup

OMG so much of this on my blazing fast 14.4 modem. My buddy begged me to play co-op instead of head-to-head Warcraft 2 because i'd out-build him significantly. BIG FUN!

I still have one and it has been used nearly every day since I bought it almost 20 years ago.
Oh I used it for years as a regular keyboard but swapped for deskspace a couple years back. They didn't have drivers for windows10 until after I stopped using it but now I'm looking into using with the new drivers or just getting a little macro keypad or using a software based macro thing.

Have to see what I like best, I tried autohotkey once years ago on my emu but don't remember what for even or why I didn't like it, and I think I have the windows mouse and pointers from just trying software based kvm(I bought a new hardware one after that and never hooked it up because I quit EQ again around then).

With the avoidance of MQ in battle now(my new setup doesn't require it after swapping some classes, but still have for tradeskill when I get in the mood I just never was much for being dependant even when I was so) I figure it would be more efficient if I could record 30seconds of my SK S.O.P. while I get my others goung- especially the heals I neglect lol- and if I like the result I might set same up for my heals. It's all fully functional as is but I do like efficiency, and trying new things. If I'm more efficient I might profeastinate less LOL WTB autohotkey for housework :-)

A lot of the little macro keypads I see(on the cheap end) look an awful lot like they're made from raspi zeroes or picos or little arduinos so maybe I'll try building one with the half dozen zeroes I have still in their package, I know the whole case and keys parts can be 3D printed and I haven't touched my 3D printer since about the time I quit EQ last year either. Gotta see if there's firmware already available for such a thing or if I'd have to write it myself.

Played Everquest in beta and for a number of years afterward ....

Am trying to return and kick around a bit.

Haven't been able to download Kiss-Assist so how do you say something interesting about it if you can't even try it ?

Didn't see this thread. If games in general, I literally learned addition and subtraction with Legend of Zelda due to needed "x" amount of rupees.

EQ? Let's see....

Rinna Lightshadow to the tunnel!

There was an East and West Commons.....

/ooc Orc 1 or 2 camped?

When I told people I play with MUD's they thought I was just a dirty kid.

Dude I do have AOL, isn't that cool.

I cant wait till I upgrade to 56.6kbps

1st computer, commodore 64 (1982)
1st PC, commodore 8088 with TWO floppy drives one for DOS and the other for games (1988)
1st major MMO, Ultima Online
Approx 17 years playing EQ in one way or another and only five playing WoW, says something I reckon!
Anyone else remember the song "Has anybody here seen my corpse" By Electric Funstuff? 😎

I remember the little switch you had to move in order to switch between TV/Pong
^ oh my I forgot about that! yes!
I remember Intellivision (DnD, heck yea!), 1st gen Atari, my old school Tandy TRS 80 (Dragonfire, COLOR!!!). My uncle had a computer and on Sunday's all the kids would play on it... I do not remember the game, but we had to use a tape drive and a phone to load it (took forever, hahaha).

I remember spending time on patch days running around in the everquest tutorial application which was a separate executable that consisted of a small sample of a zone and some basic instructions... but it was as close to being in EQ as you could get while it was down!

Funny - Tell me you’re and old gamer without saying you’re an old gamer.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back