• You've discovered RedGuides 📕 an EverQuest multi-boxing community 🛡️🧙🗡️. We want you to play several EQ characters at once, come join us and say hello! 👋
  • IS THIS SITE UGLY? Change the look. To dismiss this notice, click the X --->

Stupid - So when do we change the name? (1 Viewer)

RedCents
2,539¢
Based on current trends it looks like MacroQuest should be renamed LuaQuest.

I guess it's time I made an effort to learn it!

I have one question for the Pros, how can you ensure that several Lua scripts running simultaneously will play nice with each other? Multitasking as it were!

Based on current trends it looks like MacroQuest should be renamed LuaQuest.

I guess it's time I made an effort to learn it!

I have one question for the Pros, how can you ensure that several Lua scripts running simultaneously will play nice with each other? Multitasking as it were!
Just watch for conflicting behavior

I run one Lua script that has code of a couple dozen Lua scripts inside. The goal was to keep them all playing nice with each other in one script. At this point the more people that write scripts that do their own thing, the more of a chance two of them will try to be doing the opposite of each other. You notice it fairly quickly when your toon is trying sit and stand at the same time or nav and stop at the same time :).

Lua's potentially interfering with existing automation tools may halt them while doing their thing and let them proceed when done. MQ2Boxer is a nice tool to achieve this. In luas I write to do something in fight, I use this plugin to pause the combat-automation, i.e. to bane mobs while fighting.

Stupid - So when do we change the name?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back