• You've discovered RedGuides 📕 an EverQuest multi-boxing community 🛡️🧙🗡️. We want you to play several EQ characters at once, come join us and say hello! 👋
  • IS THIS SITE UGLY? Change the look. To dismiss this notice, click the X --->

Question - should i replace my cleric with a shaman? (1 Viewer)

notoriouskeef

RedCents
468¢
I currently run sk,bst,zerk,bard,mage and cleric. All 115. All my cleric does is buff rez and cast a heal occasionally. I'm wondering if i should replace the cleric with a shaman or when i move onto harder content will the cleric really shine?

Solid team myself I run sk pal brd bst shaman zerk , as one team or sk bst cleric enc mage wiz or in New content I like sk shaman cleric enc mage wiz.

So to answer your question, sure why not?

Personally I'd stick with cleric. If the content you are fighting now is super easy then you may want to move to tougher content.

currently grinding aa's. sk has over 30k 20kish for the rest. also, is it worth it to spend the time getting the epics for bard, zerk, and cleric? I have my 2.0 on my sk but am not to sure if i should spend the time on the others.

Out of the three, the Bard is likely the most useful. The cleric 2.0 is situationally useful too. I run two different group comps, war clr bard enc bst dru or war clr bard zerk rang sham. I haven't finished the epics on any of my chars other than warrior and I can roll through all of the ToV group content no problem. So it's up to you if you want to put the time into those epics or not.

I currently run sk,bst,zerk,bard,mage and cleric. All 115. All my cleric does is buff rez and cast a heal occasionally. I'm wondering if i should replace the cleric with a shaman or when i move onto harder content will the cleric really shine?

100% move to shaman. I run sk, sham, zerk, zerk, rog, bard and have done anything in the end game with ease. Buffs + slows + healing is awesome. I used to run a cleric in place of my shaman, but have never looked back once I made the switch.

currently grinding aa's. sk has over 30k 20kish for the rest. also, is it worth it to spend the time getting the epics for bard, zerk, and cleric? I have my 2.0 on my sk but am not to sure if i should spend the time on the others.
Why not? So what if you don’t use them. The time spent camping the epic mobs/spawns/drops are some of the best memories. The feeling of accomplishment after camping a mob for a week and getting that drop is far superior to any level/AA accomplishment I’ve achieved thus far. I remember my rogue epic 1.0 I got 15 years ago better than Anything else. Going into Kedge Keep to kill Phinny....so what if it’s trivial for you now...it’s still an amazing zone to experience. Do them...do them all!

100% move to shaman. I run sk, sham, zerk, zerk, rog, bard and have done anything in the end game with ease. Buffs + slows + healing is awesome. I used to run a cleric in place of my shaman, but have never looked back once I made the switch.
i have a 115 cleric, but run war/shm/zerk/wiz/rng/brd.... currently getting another zerker to replace either wiz or rng.. shaman so far provides more value then a cleric imo

my shaman is able to main heal any tov group content even as a silver acct , I did get him a rez stick, but Im not dying all over the place
Shaman brings out more dps from a melee grp
Cleric gives u that nice fuzzy feeling and less oh crap we barely made it

my shaman is able to main heal any tov group content even as a silver acct , I did get him a rez stick, but Im not dying all over the place
I’ve read about this Rez stick (OMM?). I’m a long way away from this opportunity so i still néed my cleric to play the classic role. I fully intend on switching to shaman down the road as I really enjoy the class above most others. With rez on a shammy I’d be super pumped

I've thought about a shaman switch just hate the thought of another grind up--currently run War/Clr/Bard/Mage/Rang/Bst --not really melee dps heavy, should I stick with the melee cleric or consider a shaman for this?

I’ve read about this Rez stick (OMM?). I’m a long way away from this opportunity so i still néed my cleric to play the classic role. I fully intend on switching to shaman down the road as I really enjoy the class above most others. With rez on a shammy I’d be super pumped
yeah the rez stick is awesome, have to do the task to unlock it, then 136k? ish Overseer tokens to buy OMM currency. Well worth it!

I've thought about a shaman switch just hate the thought of another grind up--currently run War/Clr/Bard/Mage/Rang/Bst --not really melee dps heavy, should I stick with the melee cleric or consider a shaman for this?

I'd honestly still move to a shaman. They just provide so much utility. I keep my cleric account ftp just so I can log him in every once in a while to buff me lol

i think i'll give the shaman a try. the crappy part is i already have a 115 shaman but he's on my bard account lol. I have a mule account i could make a shaman on. heroic and some xp potions i could get him to 115 in a week. If it turns out i like the cleric better nothing lost. I don't care about rezes I can just ungroup and unsuspend the cleric merc for rezzes or just use my cleric account for that plus buffs. hmm. boxing 6 is the most fun ive had in eq since the beginning. I'll work on a shaman next week.

i think i'll give the shaman a try. the crappy part is i already have a 115 shaman but he's on my bard account lol. I have a mule account i could make a shaman on. heroic and some xp potions i could get him to 115 in a week. If it turns out i like the cleric better nothing lost. I don't care about rezes I can just ungroup and unsuspend the cleric merc for rezzes or just use my cleric account for that plus buffs. hmm. boxing 6 is the most fun ive had in eq since the beginning. I'll work on a shaman next week.
Yeah, and the only real grind is the 110-115.. i got a mage from 0 to 107 in.. 20? hours of play time...

these days u can knock out a 115 in a few days
EC tunnels has some (not shammy) accounts maxed to ros at as little as 75 bucks

I swapped from cleric to shaman in my main 6 box group after RoS and I haven’t regretted it. Boxed all the way through TBL and TOV and can do anything in the group game with Shaman as main heals. However I do have paladin as tank so I suspect there may be some content that could be challenging with only a shaman for healer.

What is the name of the Rez stick. I’d love to start working on it.
Thread here and a vid from Sic

EDIT - Great vid btw Sic. Kept me engaged the whole time wondering if you were gonna wipe again or succeed =)

Last edited:
Question - should i replace my cleric with a shaman?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back