• You've discovered RedGuides 📕 an EverQuest multi-boxing community 🛡️🧙🗡️. We want you to play several EQ characters at once, come join us and say hello! 👋
  • IS THIS SITE UGLY? Change the look. To dismiss this notice, click the X --->

News - Servers are once again locked... Dec 20 2021 (1 Viewer)

Almost did a hamster joke. I deleted it prior to posting. Apologies to all.
Hamster Rotation GIF by MOODMAN

har!

whew! for a minute there I thought i got kicked out :) but I see it wasn't personal :woop:

also i just tried to log into Test , the login was ok but the zones are unavailable

No to worry, just like yesterday's pitiful response... we'll be back at some point...

In regards to the issue at hand, we're very sorry about any inconvenience you may have experienced as a result of a recent connectivity issue. We noticed an issue on our end that was promptly addressed so players are expected to be able to login again without issue. We appreciate you letting us know and thank you for your patience and understanding with this matter. Take care and have a wonderful holiday season!

In regards to the issue at hand, we're very sorry about any inconvenience you may have experienced as a result of a recent connectivity issue. We noticed an issue on our end that was promptly addressed so players are expected to be able to login again without issue. We appreciate you letting us know and thank you for your patience and understanding with this matter. Take care and have a wonderful holiday season!
I really thought this was what DPG said and servers were back up! Tried to log in... and no-go :( LOL

What usually happens in these situations? My whole group got wiped by a named in PoI and when I hit resurrect everything died and servers were locked - I’m hoping there’s no rollback as even if I was still alive, I’d just burned LotD and gained a couple of levels in half an hour

What scares me is that one day the servers are going to go down and DBG is just going to be like, "welp, fuggit". And when we try to log on, we're just going to get this:
1640037261687.png

My fault. Everytime I buy something off the website the logins go down so I can't use it. This was only 500 dbc so should be short. Last time (yesterday) it was a family pack and upgrades on 4 other accounts, that one was what, like 8hrs? Wish they'd make a way to make a shopping cart and add stuff, then just like input the logins for each acct the items are for- back when I pre-ordered and they'd charge everyone at midnight and Visa would deny them all as duplicate charges it would've really been nice.

Disclaimer: posted in jest for anyone that thinks my insanity extends to sheer delusional thinking.

My fault. Everytime I buy something off the website the logins go down so I can't use it. This was only 500 dbc so should be short. Last time (yesterday) it was a family pack and upgrades on 4 other accounts, that one was what, like 8hrs? Wish they'd make a way to make a shopping cart and add stuff, then just like input the logins for each acct the items are for- back when I pre-ordered and they'd charge everyone at midnight and Visa would deny them all as duplicate charges it would've really been nice.

Disclaimer: posted in jest for anyone that thinks my insanity extends to sheer delusional thinking.
It was my fault. I bought ToL for my boxes yesterday. Then blamo, servers down. It's ok, I needed to go out and get more tin foil anyways, current hat has seen better days.

Now Toe.... your running up against job security. If DBG made something that would work and make it easier for everyone (programers) then they would cut pay on the staff. SO they keep all the old stuff running and they still have jobs and same pay.

Zeb

It was my fault. I bought ToL for my boxes yesterday. Then blamo, servers down. It's ok, I needed to go out and get more tin foil anyways, current hat has seen better days.
Wait I know what it was...was using our new "smart" airfryeroven thing, with tinfoil inside, and the app was open on my phone at the same time as I logged in and out and in and out all those accounts buying all those things from said phone yesterday. I bet they have the servers hooked up to a smart home app too and it got confused. When the oven shut off, so did the logins.

Status: 12/20/2021 19:13 PST - Server came down at 12/20/2021 at 7:30pm. Servers will be down 2 hours for emergency maintenance.

1640056969012.png

I know they like the term but isn't "Emergency Maintenance" a form of an Oxy Moron?

News - Servers are once again locked... Dec 20 2021

Users who are viewing this thread

Back