• You've discovered RedGuides 📕 an EverQuest multi-boxing community 🛡️🧙🗡️. We want you to play several EQ characters at once, come join us and say hello! 👋
  • IS THIS SITE UGLY? Change the look. To dismiss this notice, click the X --->

Music - Rob's Song of the Day Mega-Thread! (1 Viewer)

confused baby GIF

me checking out the song of the day thread, then seeing Rob's name changed and in purple...

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="" title="YouTube video player" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; clipboard-write; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture; web-share" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Have to say that I love my metal/rock/blues bands from Texas, Pantera, Dead Horse, ZZ Top, Butthole Surfers, Toadies and Drowning Pool, to name a few.. One of the best bands that I ever saw live was a French band in 2017 at the Red Rocks in Colorado, Gojira....

--Taz

I never heard of The Meat Purveyors until after they disbanded. Based out of Austin, they were called the Texas Meat Purveyors, until the San Antonio based company by the same name, required them to change it, causing them to drop the Texas from their name. They are still Austin Texas, through and through.

I particularly like this group, as it helps my daughter know she be center stage and speak her mind. I will share four songs here by the band, each for a different reason.

This first track, my kids love. They heard it starting at about the age of 5.

Next up, is a song which has really great word play.

A song of strength.

A fun shout out the city you are in, tour song.

Don't forget Down-

Yeah Pepper and Phil put out some good songs with Crowbar (forget his name) and Pat (drummer from Goatwhore) while in Down. I would have loved to heard more from Superjoint ritual at the time too. But sorta like Tapeworm with Trent and Maynard, it was never going to be long term, or happen at all, as in the case with Tapeworm.

-Taz

Having lived in Central Texas all my life, I'm a huge fan of Texas music. Rock, country, blues, anything in those general genres, and then some.

Here is another fun Texas song:

These guys were a blast back in the day. Satan's Cheerleaders would come perform with them, and it was a blast.

ROFLMAO., how do I not know of these guys? Are they new, like in the last 5 years or so? I have lived in a few places in Texas and else where but have never heard of the Flame Trick Subs... Sounds like Primus when they ran out of LSD, hahaha. Just kidding, I've heard many covers of that song, just not by them. I've even been to the Black Cat, Broken Spoke and if you want to go Old School, I got kicked out (like many others) from G&S Lounge (EDIT: DOH!!! South 1st and Oltorf, its been a while).

-Taz

I lived in Waco for two years, in the late 90s. My wife printed some posters for the Flametrick Subs and they gave her one. I'll have to see if I can find it. It had David Koresh on it. It really stood out for something in Waco back then. So they have been around for 25 years, at least.

Music - Rob's Song of the Day Mega-Thread!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back