• You've discovered RedGuides 📕 an EverQuest multi-boxing community 🛡️🧙🗡️. We want you to play several EQ characters at once, come join us and say hello! 👋
  • IS THIS SITE UGLY? Change the look. To dismiss this notice, click the X --->

Contest RedGuides August '18 Contest. Reply to win Krono! (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Redbot

🖥️💖
RedCents
88,152¢
Pronouns
He/Him
This summer we're introducing a renovated RedGuides, and two new exclusive plugins!​

slotcolors.png

&

eqwire.png

MQ2SlotColors and MQ2EQWire are part of our brand spankin' new RESOURCE MANAGER, put together by MQ2 historians @ChatWithThisName & @Razkle who each spent a week going over several years of macros & plugins to look up past authorship, dates, commands, descriptions and entering everything into a nice sort-able database. They must be hailed as heroes forever. Be sure to check out their newest resources: Mouseover Gear Comparison to quickly tell which item is an upgrade for you, and RazNuke 2.0 to unleash your wizard's arsenal.

TO ENTER THE AUGUST CONTEST, PLEASE TELL US:

What's the most fun boxing group?

To enter, just answer the above question, or have an on-topic discussion. Example:

Mary: My favorite group composition is SK, WIZ, DRU, ROG, ENC, CLR
Ralph: I'd trade out the druid for a shaman, slow is important!
Joe: I like toothpaste.
Both Ralph and Mary qualify for an entry, Joe does not.

Prize List:
  • THREE KRONO for one lucky winner.
  • TWO KRONO for one lucky winner.
  • TWO KRONO for one lucky winner.
  • One Krono for one lucky winner.
  • Discord Username Color (from redcent shop)
  • Forum Username Color (from redcent shop)
  • 1 Month of Redguides Level 2 access for you or a friend. Enjoy MQ2 compiles, the internet's largest collection of macros, private strategies, and a great community.

Winners will be chosen by in-game /random.

Contest sponsored by Almar's Guides! Home of the best KissAssist .ini library on the internet.

Rules:
No purchase necessary. No more entries after August 31st, 11:59 PM PST.
Drawing will be held in-game on the Vox server, by use of /random. Time & location of the /random will be posted after contest ends, you are welcome to attend.
One reply only, please. Multiple replies (and therefore multiple entries) are allowed so long as you are carrying on a normal on-topic conversation.
Shipping of physical items is to USA only, an alternate prize will be selected if we can't get it to you.
Posting with multiple accounts, or screwing with the contest will lead to certain doom.

By the way, check out our FB page:
https://www.facebook.com/RedGuides

My favorite so far is SK, CLR, ENC, WIZ, MAG, BRD. I am currently working on a melee heavy group that I am enjoying as well WAR, SHM, BRD, BST, MNK, Zerker

I crush on a SK, CLR, ENC, WIZ, RNG, ZERK right now.

My second group (progression and farming) is WAR, CLR, BST, WIZ, WIZ, MAGE

For pure spectacle watching fun you would think I would want my wiz.... but to me the most entertaining is
SK with pet
Druid with Pet
Mage with Pet
Enchanter with pet
Beastlord with pet
Necro with pet

The mage pet does the tanking and all 6 are insane to watch fly out and smack mobs, hard!
Then I spam Vicious Rabbit as it is always fun to see 6 vorpal bunnies at work!
=-=-=--=-=-=-=-=-=--=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
Oh and if I just want to celibrate the 4th of July I do
SK
Cleric
Wiz
Wiz
Wiz
Wiz
and watch the nuclear explosions that erupt

I'm with Joe, toothpaste is pretty awesome.

I'm a fan of my warrior as a tank. Though I haven't played an SK or Paladin in a long while, I've no reason to complain about the warrior.
DPS comes in many shapes and sizes. I'm a fan of my Zerker, on average getting about 120k dps at 13kish AA's without stamina being an issue. Burns go up to around 400k dps, the more you burn, the more stamina becomes an issue.
Utility, Bards are very versatile with the ability to change according to a situation.
Cleric as a healer, dru as a backup. I have a necro, though I'm considering replacing it with another melee DPS.

War, Ber, Brd, unkown, cleric, druid

my favorite group is SK Shaman Bard Zerker Zerker Zerker. sometimes I swap the SK shaman and Bard for Warrior Cleric and Enc. and I have a mage n wiz out of group for ports etc.

I play with what I have and it's awesome for getting quests and missions done!

Shadowknight, Magician, Bard, Enchanter, Cleric, and Shaman!

I'm no uber DPS machine by any stretch of the imagination, however we can survive nearly any encounter with all the CC and healing on tap. The few times that root punt, mez, or power healing doesn't work will sometimes lend itself to bard splits and pulling. The only major things I'm missing is easy transport and massive dps checks.

I have to admit, once you have the SK properly geared and configured the rest of the group makeup almost doesn't matter.

SK, BRD, CLR, MAG, WIZ, SHM. My SHM used to be ENC, needed more heal power before I started using Redguides MQ2, was all manual, and I was pretty good... until TBM/HOT. Now I really don't need trhe SHM or BRD, another WIZ and ENC will be swapped in. I don't want to use mercs except for emergency recoveries, Now I'm PL'g an ENC, ROG, RNG, and another WIZ for group2.

Talk about getting hooked!

I play with what I have and it's awesome for getting quests and missions done!

Shadowknight, Magician, Bard, Enchanter, Cleric, and Shaman!

I'm no uber DPS machine by any stretch of the imagination, however we can survive nearly any encounter with all the CC and healing on tap. The few times that root punt, mez, or power healing doesn't work will sometimes lend itself to bard splits and pulling. The only major things I'm missing is easy transport and massive dps checks.

I have to admit, once you have the SK properly geared and configured the rest of the group makeup almost doesn't matter.

Does kiss handle root punting mobs?

Most fun group...

My most fun is Rogue (puller), Paladin (tank /snicker), Enchanter (DPS!!), Cleric (Battle Cleric FTW!), Berserker (RAWR! BASH!), and finally Druid (Most underappreciated class EVAH!)

Have run this group for over 10 years and love it!

I would start by building it around a shaman. Then I would add a shaman for more shaman. Then 3 more shamans for more shamaning. And finally a shaman to tank.

I usually go with
War, Clr, Nec, Wiz, Enc plus any other that I deem fit for the purpose (or a Merc). Wiz provides DPS and transportation, Nec does do dps and also helps to split if needed while Enc can help with crowd control.

To be honest: I never really got into Shaman for boxed groups. I did like playing SHM solo or in regular groups - but boxed I never really got the hang of it.

in reality, shaman is my only healer. Never runs out of mana, does insane ADPS, does okay DPS by themselves, and is generally the coolest class. I hate the idea of a healer that only heals.

in reality, shaman is my only healer. Never runs out of mana, does insane ADPS, does okay DPS by themselves, and is generally the coolest class. I hate the idea of a healer that only heals.
yeah well - my clr does right that (healing) unless i cannot bring the ENC in I also use it for pacify.
I think I truly should go and have a look at some inis or something to see how folks use the SHM in boxed groups. (Or i am just getting too old to keep up with how versatile the SHM is to get it covered with macros and hotkeys *laugh*)

I have the most fun with rogue, druid, shadowknight, magician, enchanter, and cleric. Sometimes I switch out one or another class with shaman, ranger, or beastlord.

Been playing with war clr enc mag wiz wiz for the longest time, finally leveled a beast up as some proper adps to 2 bers i have....(i keep enc since it's macro CC is just far superior then bard) ... haven't really hit RoS yet, only just grinded AA/Lvl now to round out some heroic augs for them all.. but so far really liking it

of the casters V melee, i think the caster i like more because of simplicity sake... melee.... mucho power to be had, but lots of finicky tweaks to work on in comparison.

Comes from my laziness, old days i would roll Shd Dru Shm with 3 dps mercs and roll everything , if i couldn't root CC it i would sure as hell tank everything with 2 healers and the shd locking down aggro long enough for the dps mercs to whittle them down... this was circa HoT though, so hell of a lot changed :P

So my war clr enc mag wiz wiz probably by far my favorite, excellent CC , spare (pet) tank if i need it and some excellent DPS to boot without bending over backwards to make them work for it

My Group is:

Necro (Main)
SK
Cleric
Mage
Wiz
Zerker
And a War in reserve.

But, my favorite group is simply my Nec and his miniature army of pets. Been playing that group since 2002 and loving every minute of it.

The most "fun" I think is to play with 2 characters (and no mercs, pah). One character could technically solo all the way through the levels, but... life is short and I'm not getting any younger. 3+ characters and things start to get a bit easy. But 2 characters can be a real challenge yet strong enough to go anywhere. You can't just go rampaging through dungeons like a full group can, but you can still do most things if you are careful and smart about it. The obvious choice would be a tank and healer, but my favorite duo is ench and druid. The ench charms stuff and keeps things under control, and the druid makes sure that the charmed pet wins each fight (but not by a big margin). Then you charm something else and kill the previous pet which is now almost dead. I like druid as the second option because they can blast/dot the target yet heal if something goes wrong, evac if something goes REALLY wrong, and have important buffs and ports. For me at least, this is the most fun. :]

Last edited:
The most "fun" I think is to play with 2 characters (and no mercs, pah). One character could technically solo all the way through the levels, but... life is short and I'm not getting any younger. 3+ characters and things start to get a bit easy. But 2 characters can be a real challenge yet strong enough to go anywhere. You can't just go rampaging through dungeons like a full group can, but you can still do most things if you are careful and smart about it. The obvious choice would be a tank and healer, but my favorite duo is ench and druid. The ench charms stuff and keeps things under control, and the druid makes sure that the charmed put wins each fight (but not by a big margin). Then you charm something else and kill the previous pet which is now almost dead. I like druid as the second option because they can blast/dot the target yet heal if something goes wrong, evac if something goes REALLY wrong, and have important buffs and ports. For me at least, this is the most fun. :]

This combo is even better when you charm with your druid and your enchanter.

I'm Silver Account player , so only can use Mage Pet for tank.
My team is Mage Pet tank + Tank Merc (over lv100 very easy die)
Druid for DPS , Evac , Sow + Healer Merc .
Enchanter for DPS , Speed & mana Buff (+aura group almost non stop mana) , Rune (very important for free player) and use (Mez + Charm) to pull .
I love Enchanter .
+ Wizard Merc

and this group very good (maybe is best) for power lvl .
High lv Enchanter use Tashan to pull .
low lvl AE spell . while success any small damage .
High lvl Magician cast 4000DS to Enchanter . 1 sit will KO below Lv 50 Mobs .
Druid for Res and Heal low lvl .

Classic team:
Warrior, Cleric, Enchanter, Druid, Mage, Wizard.

For fun, the war and cleric are Haflings, the Mage and Wizard are Gnomes. Tallest char in the team is the wood elf druid. Bunch of shorties running around.

Contest RedGuides August '18 Contest. Reply to win Krono!
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back