• You've discovered RedGuides 📕 an EverQuest multi-boxing community 🛡️🧙🗡️. We want you to play several EQ characters at once, come join us and say hello! 👋
  • IS THIS SITE UGLY? Change the look. To dismiss this notice, click the X --->

Question - Other Game to Play? (1 Viewer)

for other mmos if you want an older one try ddo its pretty fun if you want a new one i recommend ff14. ff11 has boxing as well with its own macroquest styled program but i think outside of emus its a dead game cant confirm if its dead though

not an MMO its a MOBA. League of Legends, get a fix of gameplay fast with out having hours or years (if u dont box or raid) to accomplish much.

get in get out and u wont waste 21 yrs worth of time better spent

Elden Rings sucks on PC, even after hacking still I hated it. You cannot bind most of the keys.
My arms kept crossing each other, this game sucks for PC, and what makes the game hard is how stupid it is, and its a very huge grind fest.

I've been loving Fallout 76.
Ark is a lot of fun too, taming dinosaurs and killing stuff. I got discourged because no matter what I can do individually I can't ever do all the bosses, since it requires other players. So I kinda fell off on that.
I heard Elden Ring is good, but haven't tried it.

Elden Rings sucks on PC, even after hacking still I hated it. You cannot bind most of the keys.
My arms kept crossing each other, this game sucks for PC, and what makes the game hard is how stupid it is, and its a very huge grind fest.
Umm this isnt true. I setup all my bind keys and it works great. its a little hard at first to get use to what keys you need and what does what. Sounds like you got pissed and said f-it lol

270 hours into lost ark and I still haven’t even touched the surface of it yet. Loot system is totally different, but not bad. Seems to always have something to do, and just like EverQuest, can only do so much per week, but this game is geared towards alts as well, so you can make an alt and continue doing all those things to get you more gear/money/fun. Learn a bunch of different classes and they offer power up pass, so once you get your main max level, and complete so far in the quest line, they give you the ability to level an alt instantly to 50 and enjoy the end game. The game is geared towards end game and you don’t need 53 other people to do it. Groups/raids queue like wow and take anyone. So don’t have to sit LFG. So getting to max level is only like 5% of the game, then at max level a whole new game opens up. One account shares a “stronghold” so you don’t have to recreate your home base per character. It’s the same across your account.

Not to mention, games a month old on NA/EU servers. So you’re not behind anything. They have more classes yet to be released, level increases, so this is the very beginning, so you don’t have to feel like you’re left behind. Game has a lot of things in it, so YouTube will be your best friend. Learn about honing (gear upgrading), trade skills, dungeons, raids, chaos dungeons. So much stuff just in the release and there is more to come.

Last edited:
Have tried so many and I always come back to Everquest. Nothing will compare to the the broken pathing, nostalgia having, game we all love.
Are you singing Sinead (Prince) here? That's all I heard as soon as I got to "Nothing compares"..ok I read it as nothing compares anyway lol. Of course I key in on everything Prince ever, but I also watched something the other day with Sinead's version in it and that's what voice I heard just now.

Normally I hear Prince in my head at mention of Nothing Compares 2U, How come u don't call me(Alicia keys covered it this century iirc?) One of us (Joan Osborne covered by Prince obscurely in the 90s but a rarity, he rarely ever covered others, was almost always the other way around,) oh even Crimson & Clover and Honky Tonk Woman I hear Prince in my head bc of YouTube the Undertaker CD and those were also covers, but just now, Ms. O'Connor. Damned TV.

Metallica and Prince always the voices in my head singing when originals or remakes play for either, even when it's Seger or Skynyrd being covered. Maybe I'm weird. A lot of stuff the original is better, but anytime either of them, or Johnny Cash RIP also, covered something, their cover was better imo. Hard to decide: Garth Brooks vs Billy Joel, Cindy Lauper vs Matchbox 20, and normally I'd say Paul Simon(meh @ Garfunkel) over Disturbed, but not for Sound of Silence.

Yay I changed the subject because...that's how my brain works. But if anyone wants to continue the discussion of covers vs originals or artists you somewhat obsess(ed) over, maybe someone LL move this post to start a new thread :-)

And on topic, I haven't heard much good about Fallout76, but it could be hubbybias bleeding over. He is obsessive about all things Fallout(like $10,000 in collectible shit and still buying) but we've had the ability for him to PLAY 76 for like 18months now and he hasn't even downloaded it. Brand new computer..well it was when I built it also about 18 months ago but he hasn't turned it on even, real internet finally, even a desk setup he didn't have before...but he avoids it like the plague, even most of the collectibles and just talks about its flaws that he's never seen lol.

Anarchy Online is my recommendation and is prob right up there next to Everquest for me personally. If you're a Sci Fi fan the way they implement spells (they call them nano programs) and transportation via "The Grid" is pretty unique which is super rare even nowadays with MMOs. You can even box a team but the program used isn't anything like MQ2 and VV.

Anarchy Online is my recommendation and is prob right up there next to Everquest for me personally. If you're a Sci Fi fan the way they implement spells (they call them nano programs) and transportation via "The Grid" is pretty unique which is super rare even nowadays with MMOs. You can even box a team but the program used isn't anything like MQ2 and VV.
Can I have ur sword?

If you do, turn into grid stream productions broadcast out of rubi-kai. Live Djs often and a fun addition to the grind. All types of music from hardcore death metal to reggae, pop, lots of EDM, etc. love the eclectic mix. havnt listened or played AO in awhile, but really enjoyed it.

Can I have ur sword?

If you do, turn into grid stream productions broadcast out of rubi-kai. Live Djs often and a fun addition to the grind. All types of music from hardcore death metal to reggae, pop, lots of EDM, etc. love the eclectic mix. havnt listened or played AO in awhile, but really enjoyed it.
If there ever is an AO Emu server I'd def be rocking some EDM playing that thing to death.

Love so many aspects of that game. Get into your YalmXVII and fly through the skys from city to city or take the grid.
The classes crack me up. The Bureaucrat profession ... snare/slow spell line is called "Red Tape", . Hackers, Doctors, Engineers, etc. Really well done world of a techno distopia from the eq era.

You guys are making me want to try Anarchy Online. I can honestly say no game has ever given me the feelings Everquest has. Just since coming back. I discovered this amazing community which has literally changed my life for the positive. I have made friends across the world as well as right here in Houston. Just proving the reach of Everquest. And of course the reason they call it Evercrack; GEAR Yesterday I got a Spectral Dual Headed Spear for my Paladin. I swear my body released endorphins. There is no feeling like getting new gear. I have a small Guild and I save my old Gear to pass down to new and returning players. So they can get that same rush. And watching them get their rush is a rush of it's own kind. Nothing has ever come close to Everquest for me. But I do like Sci-Fi

It's so interesting that no one is mentioning EQ2. (I'm a FFXIV person, myself, and dipped my toes into EVE before deciding it wasn't for me.)

It's so interesting that no one is mentioning EQ2. (I'm a FFXIV person, myself, and dipped my toes into EVE before deciding it wasn't for me.)
I often play EQ2 while playing, or when idle in EQ. EQ2 just doesn't seem like something many people enjoy for long. I play because I like the art style of the graphics mainly. And....it's part of the EQ universe.

Horizon Zero Dawn
Crown of the Magister
Divinity Originsl Sin 2
Witcher series

A few I have on my gaming rig.

I like baldur gate type games where can create a team. Right now playing baldurs gate 3 and pathfinder wrath of the righteous. I know they are not mmos.
You are a true hero. I didn't even know they were making a 3rd...holy crap thanks!

My two other personal favorites are Star Wars the Old Republic and Dungeons and Dragons Online that are both still running and F2P.

I really miss Warhammer Age of Reckoning (WAR), but due to Games Workshop licensing dispute or cost this game is shutdown.

My two other personal favorites are Star Wars the Old Republic and Dungeons and Dragons Online that are both still running and F2P.

I really miss Warhammer Age of Reckoning (WAR), but due to Games Workshop licensing dispute or cost this game is shutdown.
There was a hack copy hosted in russia all the way up to 2018 (play at your PC's own risk). But yes, was an excellent game.

I make a Ravens Ultimate Team in Madden every year after swearing I'll never buy it again or spend another penny to level up an Ed Reed or Ray Lewis card that should already be 99

I've purchased about 50ish games on PC/PS3/PS4/Switch that I've played for an hour or two, maybe even multiple sessions then got bored

The only game that gave me the EQ feel is Valheim
Checkout https://www.reddit.com/r/ValheimLFG/ and find a discord for a new server and play it blind, such a great game
I need to go play it again after I catch up with some EQ stuff as they have added 3-4 new zones (biomes)

I did pickup Baldur's Gate 3 like 10 days ago and have played it 2x but only cuz I got a bud that plays it

GW2 has a new expansion coming out soon, great casual game !
For non MMOs though.... Starfield is out like next week! Im so hyped i took a week off work to play it :)

If you're down on the suspension truck, you can check out "Genshin Impact". It's not an "MMO" but its got tons of content and it's free while you wait. Good story, has some co-op features (after you get to adventure rank 16 or so) and good to pass the time. Just don't get sucked into paying money for their "wishes"
my 14 year old plays tf out of this game

when EQ is not in my soul dragging every single atom out of me, i go and play such games as Factorio and Graveyard Keeper! while wishing someone would buy me BG3.

Question - Other Game to Play?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back