• You've discovered RedGuides 📕 an EverQuest multi-boxing community 🛡️🧙🗡️. We want you to play several EQ characters at once, come join us and say hello! 👋
  • IS THIS SITE UGLY? Change the look. To dismiss this notice, click the X --->

Question - Options (1 Viewer)

Takais

RedCents
144¢
Looking for a good set up for when im able to purchase Redguides in the future. Right now I play Mage, SK, Shaman, Ranger, Zerker. Looking to make maybe 3-4 groups total and not sure what plugins would be of use to check out?

It will be about a month until I can afford to set it up, so looking to make plans and figure out group layout/plugin stuff before then for a smoother transition.

Welcome! so Red Guides sub can be paid for using red cents, that are earned by participating in the community here.

There is a HUGE wealth of tools for with level 2 access (sub), what are your goals? Just runnong alot of char, i mean, make 36 monks :hfive: the more details you provide, the more details the community can provide.

Again, welcome to Red Guides, this site and community is amazing, and will make your EQ playing next level.

Welcome! so Red Guides sub can be paid for using red cents, that are earned by participating in the community here.

There is a HUGE wealth of tools for with level 2 access (sub), what are your goals? Just runnong alot of char, i mean, make 36 monks :hfive: the more details you provide, the more details the community can provide.

Again, welcome to Red Guides, this site and community is amazing, and will make your EQ playing next level.
Thank you for the welcome! I'm setting up for solo raid groups on a server that allows 24 total toons at a time. So tanks/melee/ranged/etc... Looking for help with figuring out a good melody plugin, ease of travel plugin, anything that can help me run that amount of toons at once without a huge list of macros to hotkey and use.

Looking for a good set up for when im able to purchase Redguides in the future. Right now I play Mage, SK, Shaman, Ranger, Zerker. Looking to make maybe 3-4 groups total and not sure what plugins would be of use to check out?

It will be about a month until I can afford to set it up, so looking to make plans and figure out group layout/plugin stuff before then for a smoother transition.
If you redcent a few helpful posts a day for a month you would probably have enough redcents to get a free month sub. A redcent spent is a redcent earned. :) Welcome to Redguides.

Welcome To The Team GIF by MOODMAN

Welcome to RG and welcome back if you're a returning player!

Always start here RG Video

Watch the vids in Sic's signature (I'm sure he will post soon if he has not done already while I'm typing this) and then mess around with Kissassist Beginners Guide, Kissassist Commands , RGmercs, and especially cwtn plugins ( you can also /testcopy your toons and use the cwtn plugins there for free.).

I suggest getting your feet wet slowly and be patient as it takes time to absorb all this information. Try taking your toons somewhere safe and lower level at first and explore the automation options.

Check out the macros and lua's available as well like buttonmaster, mq2autogroup, mq2autoaccept, mq2status, GuildClicky, and more.

Time to subscribe to level 2 and begin a journey you won't regret. Lots of info and a super helpful community here to help when you get stuck.

Thank you for the welcome! I'm setting up for solo raid groups on a server that allows 24 total toons at a time. So tanks/melee/ranged/etc... Looking for help with figuring out a good melody plugin, ease of travel plugin, anything that can help me run that amount of toons at once without a huge list of macros to hotkey and use.
If your setting up for a EMU, once you get level 2 access, head to our EMU section and pose your questions. EMUs can be very different from live, and we have several memebers that are EMU gurus.

Welcome To The Team GIF by MOODMAN

Welcome to RG and welcome back if you're a returning player!

Always start here RG Video

Watch the vids in Sic's signature (I'm sure he will post soon if he has not done already while I'm typing this) and then mess around with Kissassist Beginners Guide, Kissassist Commands , RGmercs, and especially cwtn plugins ( you can also /testcopy your toons and use the cwtn plugins there for free.).

I suggest getting your feet wet slowly and be patient as it takes time to absorb all this information. Try taking your toons somewhere safe and lower level at first and explore the automation options.

Check out the macros and lua's available as well like buttonmaster, mq2autogroup, mq2autoaccept, mq2status, GuildClicky, and more.

Time to subscribe to level 2 and begin a journey you won't regret. Lots of info and a super helpful community here to help when you get stuck.
Thank you for the helpful links! I will be sure to look! I'm on an EQEmu server and most of my toons will be created to start together. I have 4 that I normally play that are max level, but want to progress furthur and be more of a support to my guild, so this will help tremendously.

Thanks a bunch. For tanking do you recommend War/SK/Pal? I understand a lot of people go for SK, but iirc Pal has AE stuns and group heals. Would Pal be the way to go for tank?
Raids usually need a tank group. There are tank swaps built into some raid mechanics and have been for a long time and while it may work fine to have your tank just shed aggro and a pet or any other class can pick it up, it is a far better setup to run a tank group. One such group might be: Warrior, Warrior, Paladin, Cleric, Cleric, Shaman (or bard) is a really good one. Mix and match as you see fit.

Any combination of dps groups is fine to fill out your raid. Lot of folks really like rogues and berserkers and they are easy and low maintenance. Maybe you need a melee dps group and a range dps group: SK, SHM, Bard, Rogue, Rogue, Berserker & Necro, Necro, Mage, Druid, Enchanter, Beastlord.

A spread like this gets you the important buffs that a raid requires. Sk fronting the melee group is just my own preference. Drop and swap them around as see fit.

I can so identify, just don't know when my month will come is VERY discouraging, especially when I'm still needing 4-5 Cwtn plugins too. But eventually it'll come together 🤔🤨😣😔

The make up of your raid is super important. Especially if only doing 3-4 groups.

There is no such thing as a perfect raid setup and what is great this expansion will prolly be nerfed next expansion - take the time to think about what you really want.

I run two separate raiding groups. One is fairly balanced but probably melee heavy, and one is mage heavy.

Planning the raid force is a fun task though -and there are several posts about it.

Question - Options

Users who are viewing this thread

Back