• You've discovered RedGuides 📕 an EverQuest multi-boxing community 🛡️🧙🗡️. We want you to play several EQ characters at once, come join us and say hello! 👋
  • IS THIS SITE UGLY? Change the look. To dismiss this notice, click the X --->

News - New Servers Announced (1 Viewer)

there is no reason they cant launch both a "Truebox" server and a boxer friendly server and see how the population sees the change. I think it would be ok for a trial period, have them give it 6 months to see population levels and if it is good keep the server, if not respectfully close and wipe the server.

I am super sad about this, I have been waiting since they started this true box nonsense to play a new box friendly progression server. When I heard about this "fast server" I thought for sure it was going to be box friendly. Its really difficult to get anything done in EQ with one char and I really cant justify running 3 PCs when my single PC is more then capable of running a full group and who wants to live without stick or mq2melee D:

I am excited for Selo's. It will be fun to burn through expansions. I actually have an itch to play again and some of my favorite content was GoD-House of Thule.

I am excited for Selo's. It will be fun to burn through expansions. I actually have an itch to play again and some of my favorite content was GoD-House of Thule.

So on Selos TLP coming out this month. Can Macro quest be used? I understand only one account per computer, but is Macro quest and Kissassist monitored differently, I can molo pretty solid once established.

Any info is great.

So on Selos TLP coming out this month. Can Macro quest be used? I understand only one account per computer, but is Macro quest and Kissassist monitored differently, I can molo pretty solid once established.

Any info is great.

Nope

Are there any TLP compiled versions of MQ2?

Per the Very Vanilla page:

"Live server" works on: Antonius Bayle, Bertoxxulous, Brekt, Bristlebane, Cazic Thule, Drinal, Erollisi Marr, Fippy Darkpaw, Firiona Vie, Lockjaw, Luclin, Povar, Ragefire, The Rathe, Trakanon, Tunare, Vox, Vulak'Aerr, Xegony, Zek
Does not work on: "Truebox" servers, such as Corinav, Phinigel, Agnarr (other tools such as MySEQ are available)

See also: Test Server version, Emulated Server version.

Isboxer in the same boat?

Any options? Less features? Or back to old school ./pause?

Not sure about ISBoxer as a software, but I can tell you that it probably wouldn't matter because you can't run more than one account from the same machine, so the purpose of ISBoxer is kinda neutered. There might be ways to trick DBG's systems into thinking two accounts on the same computer are actually on different boxes, but I don't know how to achieve it. Someone else may have.

I would not use isboxer on a truebox server, their scanner will pick it up and they could ban your account if they look through the log. The rules for those servers states “no third party tools allowed”

And just as a fair warning:
AutoHotkey was a considered a bannable offense, too (admittedly some people just overdid it and you could easily prove them using 3rd party software).

When Phinigel was first opened I attempted to log on after the initial rush just to take a look around and I kept getting booted shortly after getting in the world. I had ISBoxer running and even though I wasn't using it to log on it apparently was the reason that I was booted as I was only successful after killing the program.

Does not work on: "Truebox" servers, such as Corinav, Phinigel, Agnarr (other tools such as MySEQ are available)

So MYSEQ will work on the new servers according to this? I am planning on returning to EQ a bit for the classic experience/nostalgia. I used to use mq2 and wrote some scripts to level back in Luclin while asleep (simple target mob if it roams in range and attack/heal/med). I don't plan on doing any afk lebelling here, especially since mq2 is disabled for TLPs, but I do miss having the map functionality to easily see what camps are open. I've never used MySEQ, just used mq2 map to do this, so I was considering level 2 to get the offsets and give it a try.

So MYSEQ will work on the new servers according to this? I am planning on returning to EQ a bit for the classic experience/nostalgia. I used to use mq2 and wrote some scripts to level back in Luclin while asleep (simple target mob if it roams in range and attack/heal/med). I don't plan on doing any afk lebelling here, especially since mq2 is disabled for TLPs, but I do miss having the map functionality to easily see what camps are open. I've never used MySEQ, just used mq2 map to do this, so I was considering level 2 to get the offsets and give it a try.

Yes, as far as I know MySEQ works on all everquest servers - and I couldn't live without it lol

Hey all!

Just wondering if there is any way to zoom camera out further on truebox server? I use mq2camera on normal servers. It's actually the main reason I subscribed to very vanilla. Although the other features have grown on me! lol. Anyway, playing ogre takes up alot of the screen even at max zoom! The other camera options(f9) don't feel very intuitive.

By the way. Did the camera view get changed sometime after PoP. I thought I remember being able to rotate around my character, changing angle(like look straight down or straight out) and zooming with mouse wheel in one of the views. Had to turn with wasd. But now all the views seem 'off'.

Anyway, thanks in advance!

News - New Servers Announced

Users who are viewing this thread

Back