• You've discovered RedGuides 📕 an EverQuest multi-boxing community 🛡️🧙🗡️. We want you to play several EQ characters at once, come join us and say hello! 👋
  • IS THIS SITE UGLY? Change the look. To dismiss this notice, click the X --->

Patch - New Client been pushed - Old exe no longer available as MQ2 has now been updated for todays patch (1 Viewer)

if you want MQ2 to work don't run the EQ launcher or it will break MQ2 until EQMule pushes an update for MQ2

Yeah they done a rolling patch 21/9/2018 about 30 mins ago we got a system wide message asking us to log out and patch at our earliest convenience.

Last edited:
Note too self, always read the forums first before logging in haha! I'll wait for the patch

yeah :( it caught me by surprise too. I hate that. I think maybe from now on I might try backing up the EXE

I have a un updated EXE don't know how ide get it to you tho as it 9mb in size. <--- before I knew I could post it as an attachment via the forums lol

Last edited:
Lol, I didn't even know I was updating, but I got the new patch when I logged on and yeah, MQ2 is broke. Look forward to the fix, but in no hurry. I'm headed to the pool.

download the exe file and replace the one in your everquest folder and MQ2 will work again. but only if you patched everquest via the launcher today 22/9/2018 the Exe I have provided is from 19/9/2018

i have replaced the folder then just start the game reg way it says its still outdated . thanks for helping me btw

FYI downloading the old exe and still using the patcher will fix the EXE to the newest version which will again break it. You need to right click the eqgame.exe and select send to desktop, once on desktop you need to right click the file that was sent to the desktop and select properties and in the target bar left click and move to the right and add -patchme to the end and click apply then double left click that file and it should launch eqgame without running the patcher.

ok people you can now Patch the game via launcher and then goto your MQ2 updater and update as EQmule has now pushed the MQ2 update for it to work.

Patch - New Client been pushed - Old exe no longer available as MQ2 has now been updated for todays patch

Users who are viewing this thread

Back