• You've discovered RedGuides 📕 an EverQuest multi-boxing community 🛡️🧙🗡️. We want you to play several EQ characters at once, come join us and say hello! 👋
  • IS THIS SITE UGLY? Change the look. To dismiss this notice, click the X --->
Resource icon

Plugin - MQ2Radar (2 Viewers)

Re: MQ2Radar (UPDATE Oct 28)

nope, it loads fine, just like ..surface. is there a command to bring it up that i am missing? i can type /radar and nothing happens.

Sorry for the noob question.
But i downloaded all files. mq2radar.dll i copied in my mq2 directory.
DSurface i copied in a separate directory. doubleclick the exe and i got the
error
DirectSurface - File DSurface.dll is missing.

Is there a speacial place where i copy the DSurface.dll ?? i tried
c:windows
c:Windows/system
C:windows/system32

Thanks for help.

salomo said:
Sorry for the noob question.
But i downloaded all files. mq2radar.dll i copied in my mq2 directory.
DSurface i copied in a separate directory. doubleclick the exe and i got the
error
DirectSurface - File DSurface.dll is missing.

Is there a speacial place where i copy the DSurface.dll ?? i tried
c:windows
c:Windows/system
C:windows/system32

Thanks for help.

get .net framework, that will fix dll not found problem.

redrum69 said:
DoCommand - Couldn't parse /radar
That is what i get when i type /radar

that means that plugin wasn't loaded properly, most likely directsurface is missing or old.

Sorry Odessa, I know I'm a total noob. I am not sure which version of DirectSurface I have. I am trying to download the zip off page one of this thread and it is just hanging. I reloaded v1.4 of a_troll's last build and then restarted /plugin dsurface and /plugin mq2radar. They both show they load but I get a message saying I need DirectSurface 0.103 to run radar. There is also a DirectSurface.exe file in the MQ directory. Tried running that as well. Hitting F11 seems to just pull up the standard HUD. Help me Obiwan, you're my only hope.

Is there a sequence to load DirectSurface, then radar? Can you please give me a radar for dummies post? Tyvvm in advance. Looks like a great tool if I could get it up.

You have to have the one (DSurface0.111) from the link, anything else won't work. Once you download it unzip it anywhere you want and run dsurface.exe (it's not a plugin, it has nothing to do with eq/mq really). Copy dll to your mq folder. In game just do /radar mq2radar. If that doesn't work you missed some step.

redrum69 said:
Looks like a great tool if I could get it up.

That's very funny :)

downloaded DSurface0.111 - check
copied the files .dll, .ini and the .exe into the eq macroquest folder - check
started dsurface.exe (icon up on comp next to the mq icon) - check
did /plugin dsurface - plugin dsurface loaded - check
did /plugin mq2radar - Plugin mq2radar loaded - check
did /radar - message: Couldn't parse '/radar'
did /radar mq2radar - message: Couldn't parse '/radar mq2radar'
pressed f11 - brings up normal HUD

I can't see how I am missing anything but who knows. Above is the step by step. The program Dsurface.exe runs and has an icon in my system tray. The plugins, Dsurface and then mq2radar both load seemingly fine. This is more a challenge to figure it out at this point although I do think it would be useful. Step by step can you see anything I missed?

redrum69 said:
downloaded DSurface0.111 - check
copied the files .dll, .ini and the .exe into the eq macroquest folder - check
started dsurface.exe (icon up on comp next to the mq icon) - check
did /plugin dsurface - plugin dsurface loaded - check
did /plugin mq2radar - Plugin mq2radar loaded - check
did /radar - message: Couldn't parse '/radar'
did /radar mq2radar - message: Couldn't parse '/radar mq2radar'
pressed f11 - brings up normal HUD

I can't see how I am missing anything but who knows. Above is the step by step. The program Dsurface.exe runs and has an icon in my system tray. The plugins, Dsurface and then mq2radar both load seemingly fine. This is more a challenge to figure it out at this point although I do think it would be useful. Step by step can you see anything I missed?

There is no dsurface plugin, don't do /plugin dsurface.
did you redownload mq2radar when you were downloading dsurface?

odessa said:
for the 25th time, install .net framework :)
I have .net framework installed I also use the lavish software, and it requires .net framework. when i reloaded the .net 2.0 i get commands and it shows it loads but no radar. i have a custom hud will that effect it? and f11 is showing hud but not the radar. :(

face it i am a ID10T

Last edited:

tagger said:
I have .net framework installed I also use the lavish software, and it requires .net framework. when i reloaded the .net 2.0 i get commands and it shows it loads but no radar. i have a custom hud will that effect it? and f11 is showing hud but not the radar. :(

face it i am a ID10T

Hmm, that's really odd. So you can do /radar options and see the list of options but radar does not show up at all?
Not sure what to tell you.

odessa said:
Hmm, that's really odd. So you can do /radar options and see the list of options but radar does not show up at all?
Not sure what to tell you.

once i did a corpse recovery got rebuffed stopped for the night got up wanted to mess with aa exp this morning I discovered a weee little message do you wish to reboot now or later. i did the reboot and got back into game typed /pluing mq2radar and I SEEEEEE radar..
thank you Odessa your truely spectacular for hanging in there with me .
(((((Odessa)))))

Last edited:

I just wanted to say thanks for this awesome plugin. This thing is very, very nice! I have a smaller custom Map that I used as a sort of radar. Your radar is a much better solution.

Seeing heading due to the triangles is much better than MQ2Map, and clicking through the radar is great! Best thing is being able to resize on the fly!! Awesome work on this one Odessa.

Where exactly do i install this .net framework, i don't know i may be blind, but I do not see it anywhere here to be installed under the 1st post. Sry for the stupidity.

Holty said:
Where exactly do i install this .net framework, i don't know i may be blind, but I do not see it anywhere here to be installed under the 1st post. Sry for the stupidity.

windows update

Re: MQ2Radar (UPDATE Dec 5)

Ok for some reason I am missing the arrows and everything else, all I can see is the map and the names. No circular border or anything else. Got it as it was with the latest RedQuest build, tried using the DirectSurface directly from your site but no change there either. Any ideas?

Addendum: Also I do have .net framework installed and there are no errors visible. All DLLs and everything are in the right place as far as I can tell. Only running MQ2 and DS that's it.

Subsequent Addendum: Fixed it. Downloaded the copy from your forum and noticed there was about a 300k filesize differents. That accounted for the lack of graphics. Note that the copy included with RedQuest is A) out of date or B) sans perdy graphics.

Last edited:
Re: MQ2Radar (UPDATE Dec 27)

Just got this going tonight, and I love it. The only problem that I ran into was the fact the the newest copy of DSurface (0.127) is now linked in the original post, but it seems that MQ2Radar isn't compatible with this version. When I tried to plugin MQ2Radar with DSurface 0.127 running, I got an error that MQ2Radar is only compatible with DSurface 0.110 or older. I was get DSurface 0.111 by manually changing the link to the newest zipfile to http://www.om-tech.net/odessa/dsurface/DSurface0.111.zip, but it might make sense to keep version 0.111 linked on this thread until MQ2Radar becomes compatible with version 0.127.

PS - RC to you for this one (wish I could give more than just 1 per thread, lol). Just getting started with it, and already loving it way more than my old map.

Pretty sure I downloaded the Dec 27 version. I got it directly from the link on this thread. I'll try redownloading both DSurface 0.127 and the updated MQ2Radar.dll and see if I just made a mistake somewhere along the lines.

Awesome plugin...works great.
Excellent for kiting.
I set radar view at 1900 so it takes up the full screen and then set the OTD at the center over top of char triangle. That way I have distance and direction in center view.
A casting radius circle would complete this.
Great work.

demented said:
Awesome plugin...works great.
Excellent for kiting.
I set radar view at 1900 so it takes up the full screen and then set the OTD at the center over top of char triangle. That way I have distance and direction in center view.
A casting radius circle would complete this.
Great work.

I use it the same way :) Source is available and casting radius should be a simple thing :)

Has there been any new compiles of this plugin? To me this is the greatest thing I've found for MQ2, following assist on raids with multiple incoming targets has never been easier, and knowing if mobs are approaching while soloing is very nice as well.

The .dll that is the in the redguides compile seems to be very different from the .dll from this thread. The one he has is only 112kb, while this one is over 400kb. When i've tried to use the one in the redguides compile, I only get the basic lines of the map drawn on my screen and nothing else. No frame around it, no pc/npc/anything showing up on the map.

When version 4.xx was up and running, I just downloaded the MQ2Radar from here and that worked fine. Now that crashes my EQ client when I attempt it with the compile listed on page1 (as of 1-22-07) due to a change in the structs. Any chance of an update here?

Re: MQ2Radar (UPDATE Feb 21)

Nice way of fixing it Odessa, I won't have to pester you as much now, lol.

Thanks again, and as usual excellent work.

Just curious, I noticed DirectSurface 127 is linked in the first page. Should we not be using the 111 version from previous releases?

Re: MQ2Radar (UPDATE Feb 21)

Fenix8452 said:
Nice way of fixing it Odessa, I won't have to pester you as much now, lol.

Thanks again, and as usual excellent work.

Just curious, I noticed DirectSurface 127 is linked in the first page. Should we not be using the 111 version from previous releases?

0.127 has been the one to use for a while but it has no difference to 0.111 when it comes to Radar (as far as I remember).

Plugin - MQ2Radar

Users who are viewing this thread

Back