• You've discovered RedGuides 📕 an EverQuest multi-boxing community 🛡️🧙🗡️. We want you to play several EQ characters at once, come join us and say hello! 👋
  • IS THIS SITE UGLY? Change the look. To dismiss this notice, click the X --->
Resource icon

Plugin - MQ2Radar (2 Viewers)

odessa

RedCents
190¢
mq2radar.jpg

Jul 5 -
To make my life easier I did a little update, now if the plugin is broken because of the patch you can put zeroes in .ini as offsets and unless there were major changes in eq the plugin will be working except for zooming with mouse and ctrl+clicking. So if the offset is zero we don't do detours, that's it.

You have to download DirectSurface for Radar to work, links are at the bottom.

MQ2Radar

This plugin displays a radar onscreen like many other games (except for EQ) do. Radar is a circle where you can see all the spawns within a given view radius, well I'm sure once you see it you will understand. So just do /plugin mq2radar and see for yourself.

These are the commands:

/radar center x y
This move the radar to x y on the screen (so 100 100 will move radar's center to a point 100,100 on your screen) NO COMMA between x and y
/radar view z
This changes field of view to z EQ feet (so 100 would make radar 100 feet in radius)
/radar scale z
This changes radar scale, you can make it larger or smaller (1 is the default size, if you want to make radar double the size do /radar scale 2, if you want it 75% of the size do /radar scale 0.75 and so on)
/radar zoom z
This zooms in/out on your field of view (for example if your /radar view is 100 and you do /radar zoom 2 then your field of view will change to 200 but the size of radar will not change)
/radar zdepth z
This specifies how 'deep' to show spawns, so if z=20 (default) then anything within 20 feet from you on Z-axis will be shown.
/radar alertspeed z
Accent spawn on radar if it exceeds speed z. EQ speeds are a floating point number, regular running with no AA is something like 0.75 and it goes up from there. This is useful to check for aggro, helps when pulling and such.
/radar mode 0/1
Mode 0 is the default mode of radar where you are always facing up and radar rotates around you, mode 1 makes radar 'static' (it doesn't rotate anymore) just like regular EQ map.
/radar names on/off
This will either show all the spawn names on radar or turn them off
/radar map on/off
This enables or disables the map on radar
/radar targetline on/off
This turns on and off the line to the target, helps with keeping track of your target at all times
/radar delay z
This specifies how often to update the radar, by default it is 1 so radar is updated every Pulse, if you want to update it every 10 pulses use /rdelay 10, on VERY slow machines this could improve FPS but in general it should have no big effect on it.
/radar spawnsize on/off (z)
By default all spawns on the map are drawn the same size. If you want to see relative sizes you should /radar spawnsize on. For example if you see a giant on radar it will have a much larger spawn triangle than your character. By default you don't need second parameter z, if you omit it then size of your character is assumed to be the base and everything else is scaled relative to that size. If you want some arbitrary size to be base then do something like this /radar spawnsize on 4.375 (that's the default height of Vah Shir's) and everything will be scaled based on 4.375 as height.
/radar filter PC/NPC on/off
Turns PCs and/or NPCs on or off on radar
/radar save
This will save your current setup to INI file
There is an INI file created upon first run of plugin or upon /rsave
INI is PER character with a name like MQ2Radar_charname.ini
Here's an example of what's inside, should be self explanatory since I described the commands that change these values.
/radar reload
Reloads your saved ini file.
/radar options
Shows all the settings for radar.

[MQ2Radar]
CenterX=820
CenterY=200
View=200.000000
Scale=1.000000
Zoom=1.000000
ZDepth=50.000000
Mode=0
AlertSpeed=0.100000
Delay=1
Names=0
Map=1
TargetLine=1
ShowSize=0
SizeUnit=0

Radar shows PCs in the same color, NPCs by con color, and ground spawns in the same color. The farther away on Z axis (up/down) the spawn is from you the more see-through it will look on radar. So deep red will mean the spawn is within a close distance, a barely visible radar spawn tells you that the spawn is far up or down from you.
You can also mouse-over a spawn and you will see its name (if /rname is on then you see names all the time). You can also click on a radar spawn to target it. There is a trick here. Radar is on top of EQ so if there is something targetable BEHIND the radar and you click on radar that object behind will be targeted, so think of it as radar is completely 'click through'. If you still want to target something on radar and not what's behind it then hold the mouse button for a bit, that way radar knows that you want to select something on it and not something behind it (now you can also click LCTRL and that will disable clicktrhough). You can also zoom in and out with a mouse wheel, just move your mouse over radar and hold LCTRL and use the wheel. F11 hides/shows radar.

Enjoy!

Last edited by a moderator:
Re: Sneak peek at DirectEQ and MQ2Radar

I've been wanting a way to screw with EQ's graphic space for a long time.

Can't wait to try this out. Could someone scan this for viruses/keycatcher?

When I first ran it, the placement was in the top left corner, I wanted to pull it to the center so I typed /rcenter 100,100 and it took it to the left corner with half the circle off the screen.

Iam not able to move it off the top. I have tried useing neg numbers and nothings working it seems to only want to move right to left not up and down. Other then that I like it. Great work.

Also had a question, with this new tool will there be the ability to have a map on screen similiar to your radar but be a actual map of the zone and be transparant as your radar is. Similiar to what you see in other games

Gondola said:
I've been wanting a way to screw with EQ's graphic space for a long time.

Can't wait to try this out. Could someone scan this for viruses/keycatcher?

Scanned both files with Norton Antivirus 2006... Both files gave this result:

"No viruses, spyware, or other risks were found."

Im running normal eq in windowed mode and i crashed upon /plugin mq2radar. I had put the d3d9.dll in the eq folder, went back into game and tried to load.

Rich (BB code):
[Plugins]
mq2labels=mq2labels
mq2itemdisplay=mq2itemdisplay
mq2custombinds=mq2custombinds
mq2map=mq2map
mq2bzsrch=mq2bzsrch
mq2chatwnd=mq2chatwnd
mq2eqbugfix=mq2eqbugfix
mq2piggyzone=mq2piggyzone
mq2gmnotify=mq2gmnotify
mq2gmcheck=mq2gmcheck
mq2rwarp=mq2rwarp
mq2csum=mq2csum
mq2cgank=mq2cgank
mq2copen=mq2copen
mq2irc=mq2irc
mq2teamspeak=mq2teamspeak
mq2exchange=mq2exchange
mq2kenetixeq=mq2kenetixeq
mq2charnotes=mq2charnotes
mq2flappy=mq2flappy
mq2instamem=mq2instamem
mq2hail=mq2hail
mq2givenpc=mq2givenpc
mq2hudmove=mq2hudmove
mq2hud=mq2hud
mq2docrack=mq2docrack
mq2krust=mq2krust
mq2dps=mq2dps
mq2spawnmaster=mq2spawnmaster
mq2linkdb=mq2linkdb
mq2moveutils=mq2moveutils
mq2kequndetectedspeed=mq2kequndetectedspeed
mq2keqghostkill=mq2keqghostkill
mq2mission=mq2mission

was what i had loaded.

smason said:
When I first ran it, the placement was in the top left corner, I wanted to pull it to the center so I typed /rcenter 100,100 and it took it to the left corner with half the circle off the screen.

Iam not able to move it off the top. I have tried useing neg numbers and nothings working it seems to only want to move right to left not up and down. Other then that I like it. Great work.

Also had a question, with this new tool will there be the ability to have a map on screen similiar to your radar but be a actual map of the zone and be transparant as your radar is. Similiar to what you see in other games

Screen starts at top left corner with 0,0. Coordinate of 100,100 is 100 pixels to the right and 100 pixels down from the top, if you want it at the bottom do something like /rcenter 800 600 (I think there should be no comma between parameters too, that could be your mistake). Hope this helps.

As to the map, it is in the works, yes :)

p.s. if you think it's a virus please discontinue the use :)

Cheesymac said:
Im running normal eq in windowed mode and i crashed upon /plugin mq2radar. I had put the d3d9.dll in the eq folder, went back into game and tried to load.

was what i had loaded.

If I don't get this -
http://www.macroquest2.com/wiki/index.php/Crash_To_Desktop
then it's hard for me to debug what's happening, sorry :(

Or if this is too much work download http://www.sysinternals.com/Utilities/DebugView.html
and run it when EQ is running, do /plugin mq2radar and let it crash, then copy paste last bunch of lines from debugview and pm them to me.

odessa said:
WinEQ2 gave me a 'please delete d3d9.dll' error but it went through just fine. I hope that's the extent of the problems.

keeps spamming me with the error every 30ish seconds, and also changed my resolution in WinEQ2 and i couldnt change back with the d3d9.dll in my eq folder

jmac said:
keeps spamming me with the error every 30ish seconds, and also changed my resolution in WinEQ2 and i couldnt change back with the d3d9.dll in my eq folder

Sorry, can't help you here, Lavish stuff isn't compatible with DEQ because it uses the same way to intercept the screen. WinEQ1 is the only one that doesn't use it. Once this gets more testing I'll talk to Lax so maybe we can make it work together.

- WinEQ2 not loaded.
- Running in 1024x768 windowed mode
- Nvidia 6600/128 and 2GB system memory.

Attempting to switch to 1152x864 produced a "ResetDevice failed" and crash to desktop.

On second try, unloaded mq2radar and still got a ResetDevice crash when I tried to change resolutions.

On third try, with mq2radar not loaded ever, did not get ResetDevice crash when I tried to change resolutions. (just to make sure it wasn't me.)

odessa said:
p.s. if you think it's a virus please discontinue the use :)

Wasnt I that was worried, but ty on the reply. I just went in and deleted the Ini to move it back.

smason said:
Wasnt I that was worried, but ty on the reply. I just went in and deleted the Ini to move it back.

That wasn't directed at you :)

/rcenter x y will move the center where you want and then /rsave
or you can just edit it in ini file, either way same result

Think one problem for me is i run in window mode on all my pc's. I have a 20.1 and full screen doesnt seem to fit it.

smason said:
Think one problem for me is i run in window mode on all my pc's. I have a 20.1 and full screen doesnt seem to fit it.

Windowed mode if fine, the problem is when you start changing it. So in your case you should set up your windowed mode to whatever it should be (without DirectEQ running) and then use DirectEQ. As I understand the crash happens when you change modes inside a game, so just change the mode to what you want and then run DEQ.

odessa said:
Thanks but why are you changing resolutions inside a game? :)

I change out accounts all the time, and without WinEQ2 I can't set up profiles very easily. Sometimes I want them smaller so they don't use up a lot of cpu/gpu, sometimes I want them larger so I can see better.

Some ideas I'd like to see implemented...

- Graphical arrow of heading to your target
- map on radar, with more configuration settings (size of lines, size of dots, etc)

And if you want to dig deeper into EQ's 3D drawing..

- no textures (npc, pc, landscape)
- wireframe mode
- etc

Gondola said:
I change out accounts all the time, and without WinEQ2 I can't set up profiles very easily. Sometimes I want them smaller so they don't use up a lot of cpu/gpu, sometimes I want them larger so I can see better.

Some ideas I'd like to see implemented...

- Graphical arrow of heading to your target
- map on radar, with more configuration settings (size of lines, size of dots, etc)

This is all possible right now with DEQ, I just didn't add it to radar yet.

And if you want to dig deeper into EQ's 3D drawing..

- no textures (npc, pc, landscape)
- wireframe mode
- etc

Not interested in this yet.

Most everything works... I like this alot but the only reason I'm not using it now is , it creates Graphical glitches on my chars. Such as feet & arms phasing in and out alternating with other pieces of armor phasing.. not sure how else to describe it.

Redcent for the start of something great!

nyghteyes said:
Most everything works... I like this alot but the only reason I'm not using it now is , it creates Graphical glitches on my chars. Such as feet & arms phasing in and out alternating with other pieces of armor phasing.. not sure how else to describe it.

Redcent for the start of something great!

Hmm, would you mind taking a screenshot and sending it to me? This is something nobody reported so far. It sounds pretty cool :)

Yeah, there are some issues with graphics (floors/walls/armor) disappearing for me too. Other than that, it's really neat. Appreciate the post. :)

rofl, negative red cent? Is MQ2Radar so bad?

heh someone negative redcented me a few weeks ago for posting inside a discussion thread about bannings/suspensions and the types of stuff folks did. lol all I did was ask a question about any differences folks saw between total afk macroing and macroing while at the comp :P I guess I offended someone... *shrug*

wow, I spent forever looking where the hell memory leak comes from and it ended up that it's not DEQ but EQ itself, @#$@#$@#$ Sony!

When you add maps are they going to be rotating to keep the way you are facing as north or will you be changing it so that your directional arrow spins and the map stays static?

I'm not sure if that's clear. Right now the display rotates around to keep the direction you are facing at 12:00 on the display. This is different than showeq / mq2map.

I'm just curious how the maps will be added and what the code will look like that spins the map to match your heading and how much memory that is going to use.

--

I see this plugin as tying in to some of the existing functionality quite well. Current /npc functionality could be modified to highlight the returned mobs on the radar. MQ2targets could highlight mobs ont he radar as they spawn if they are on the watchlist. Stuff like that..

Redcented.

fatal! said:
When you add maps are they going to be rotating to keep the way you are facing as north or will you be changing it so that your directional arrow spins and the map stays static?

I'm not sure if that's clear. Right now the display rotates around to keep the direction you are facing at 12:00 on the display. This is different than showeq / mq2map.

I'm just curious how the maps will be added and what the code will look like that spins the map to match your heading and how much memory that is going to use.

The maps have been working for a while now (in my private plugin :), they rotate around just like the radar does, and not like EQ map. Memory-wise it is insignificant so nothing to worry about. There are kinks right now when I try to run multiple plugins using DEQ but I will optimize that at some point.

I see this plugin as tying in to some of the existing functionality quite well. Current /npc functionality could be modified to highlight the returned mobs on the radar. MQ2targets could highlight mobs ont he radar as they spawn if they are on the watchlist. Stuff like that..

Redcented.

Yes, thank you, this is exactly what I'm talking about here. I thought I'd get more posts like yours and that's my intention for posting this here. I think up a new idea every day that can be done with DEQ but Radar is something that I am settling on as a co-project to show DEQ's functionality. There is a ton of functionality to add to radar, I was talking to my raiding friends and they were telling me stuff they would like and that it would be invaluable on raids (filtered 2d targeting on a raid is extremely useful). I wish I had more ideas to work with so I can extend DEQ, but I guess I'll just work on it for a bit more and release it and if it does get some use then I'll start adding new functionality and optimizing it.

What would be awesome for this would be some sort of "highlight" if the mob is running. IE...if the mob is agroing on *something*.

Doesn't run exactly like what I'm hoping to one day see (evaluation of mobs in a zone and adding "KoS" as a filter), but it would be excellent, and I would seriously consider ditching WinEQ just for that sort of thing.

thez said:
What would be awesome for this would be some sort of "highlight" if the mob is running. IE...if the mob is agroing on *something*.

Doesn't run exactly like what I'm hoping to one day see (evaluation of mobs in a zone and adding "KoS" as a filter), but it would be excellent, and I would seriously consider ditching WinEQ just for that sort of thing.

Hmm, I can do something like check for a mob running but it's not possible to see if you are on the aggro list. I can do something like 'highlight' when speed exceeds a value so that might work. Anyways, this is a good idea, thanks.

It would be nice if you could change the font size of the NPC names in the map. Also, mabye having a filter command to make the names of the NPC's in question turn orange or something would be nice. Great work though.

odessa said:
wow, I spent forever looking where the hell memory leak comes from and it ended up that it's not DEQ but EQ itself, @#$@#$@#$ Sony!

I always thought it would be funny if those that find these send an email over to sony saying "I found x location in your asm code causing a memory leak, please fix"

Although I don't think from disassembly / reverse engineering you can be specific enough where they could find it / fix it.

Basically just posting to say that comment made me laugh. Also, great initiative here. I'll have to try this.

Ryzon said:
It would be nice if you could change the font size of the NPC names in the map. Also, mabye having a filter command to make the names of the NPC's in question turn orange or something would be nice. Great work though.

Yes, yes this is all coming, full copy of MQ2Map functionality will be there one day :) Still working on optimizing this thing, map is killing framerates since they use thousands of lines for the map format.

[40oz] said:
I always thought it would be funny if those that find these send an email over to sony saying "I found x location in your asm code causing a memory leak, please fix"

Although I don't think from disassembly / reverse engineering you can be specific enough where they could find it / fix it.

Basically just posting to say that comment made me laugh. Also, great initiative here. I'll have to try this.

The funny part is that I can pinpoint memory leaks to you on per call accuracy so that they can fix it but I doubt Sony cares :)

Plugin - MQ2Radar

Users who are viewing this thread

Back