• You've discovered RedGuides 📕 an EverQuest multi-boxing community 🛡️🧙🗡️. We want you to play several EQ characters at once, come join us and say hello! 👋
  • IS THIS SITE UGLY? Change the look. To dismiss this notice, click the X --->
Resource icon

Plugin - MQ2PortalSetter (1 Viewer)

Redbot updated MQ2PortalSetter with a new update entry:

Add slash command, TLO, crash fix, vendor adjustment

• Added ${PortalSetter} and members: Version, Step, InProgress. -- Version is just the version # -- Step is what Step you're on in the portal setter routine -- InProgress would be true any time you are on step1 or greater --- on pulse would kick you back to step 0 if you were not near the portal person etc.
  • Fixed crash due to portalsetter settings panel not being removed on shutdown plugin
  • We will now always check for "Zeflmin Welikanin", and if not found, check for...

Read the rest of this update entry...

For some reason, the portal setter window is not popping up anymore. I did /reloadui default, but nothing. is it possible the window is hidden? I only use the one monitor.
there's nothing to reload - it is now an imgui window, so there's no xml element to reload

if you had an imgui crash from something else like a Lua script you might need to /mqoverlay resume

in your /mqsettings you can clear saved imgui window settings to reset locations and such
1645104549214.png

Last edited:
Where do I get that settings window to pop up? I don't see it. only thing similar I have seen is at login for the Auto login status box. I don't see a settings box for MQ2

Where do I get that settings window to pop up? I don't see it. only thing similar I have seen is at login for the Auto login status box. I don't see a settings box for MQ2
/mqsettings like i mentioned in the post

you can also hit your EQ button
1645104816437.png

and then
1645104830236.png

and then overlay option on the left side

Wow, totally missed that. Thank you (again..........and again..............and again)!
if you are still having this issue, pick up your portal setter guy to your inventory and re-place in guild hall.

Wish I could. Stepped down from "officer" status to lose all the drama that goes on LOL
well i'm near 100% that is going to fix your issue - either that or have everyone leave guild hall for long enough that it spins down and then re-spins up =p

@Twisted in the mean time can you check something

can you /echo ${Spawn[npc Zefl]} if in smol guild hall or /echo ${Spawn[npc Teleportation]} for me plz and show the output

1645108350411.png

The NPC is not Zefl, it is just named Teleportation Assistant (froglok). I did once with Teleportation, and 2nd time with Teleportation Assistant. Both came up NULL.

On a good note, the window pops up normal in the old guild hall, so I can always use that one going forward if need be :)

View attachment 38117

The NPC is not Zefl, it is just named Teleportation Assistant (froglok). I did once with Teleportation, and 2nd time with Teleportation Assistant. Both came up NULL.

On a good note, the window pops up normal in the old guild hall, so I can always use that one going forward if need be :)
yeah zefl is the smol guild dude, i wasn't sure where you were
1645108574791.png

but thanks for teleportation assistant not coming back as a spawn - that's exactly the issue (unfortunately even if we fix that in portal setter, i don't think the portal guy would actually activate portals until it is replaced or respun up --- so we might figure out how to inform the user that their portal guy is bugged and needs to be replaced)

I have tried everything to get my guild portal to work. The dialog to port doesn't pop up. The commonlands selection doesn't buy a stone. I have inventoried the setter and the portal, left the guild hall for 30 minutes, placed the guy and portal back in the guild hall. Anything else I am missing?

I have tried everything to get my guild portal to work. The dialog to port doesn't pop up. The commonlands selection doesn't buy a stone. I have inventoried the setter and the portal, left the guild hall for 30 minutes, placed the guy and portal back in the guild hall. Anything else I am missing?
the cast dialog means that the spawn mob guy itself is broken. he / the stone isn't casting the spell.

make sure you try placing the guild teleportation device itself up and back down.

this is an eq bug

Somehow I closed out the guild portal setter window and can't find out where to bring it up. I thought there was a post somewhere about MQ2 Settings UI, but can't find anything when searching. Any help would be appreciated.

Somehow I closed out the guild portal setter window and can't find out where to bring it up. I thought there was a post somewhere about MQ2 Settings UI, but can't find anything when searching. Any help would be appreciated.
Referring to when I right click the vendor zone lists pop up, not just the items for sale.

Referring to when I right click the vendor zone lists pop up, not just the items for sale.
Right click on the portal vendor.

Unless you had something else that crashed imgui, in which case you have to /mqoverlay resume and then open the vendor

When I try to right click on portal gnome, mq2 crashes everytime. This started about 3 weeks ago and I thought it would get fixed, but it is still crashing any char any class. Whether using a class plugin or not. Below is the crash error I get.

FYI I tried /mqsettings and that crashed me too, a Lua thing?

Attachments

• mqtp.JPG
    mqtp.JPG
    28.3 KB · Views: 1
When I try to right click on portal gnome, mq2 crashes everytime. This started about 3 weeks ago and I thought it would get fixed, but it is still crashing any char any class. Whether using a class plugin or not. Below is the crash error I get.

That's a directx or video driver crash if I'm not mistaken.

If you are using the new EverQuest user interface I would suggest trying disabling that and seeing if your issue goes away

If you are already not using it you could try enabling it and see if that fixes it

If neither of those fixes it I would suggest ensuring that you don't have any conflicting overlay software running. Nahemic is something that will frequently cause imgui crashes which is why the red guides launcher warns you that it is conflicting software

This particular crash that you're having does not appear to be portal setter related and purely imgui overlay related

I use Gina and Discord overlays, but I hadn't changed anything recently when it started. I will try the old ui option. Thanks

I use Gina and Discord overlays, but I hadn't changed anything recently when it started. I will try the old ui option. Thanks
an absolute overwhelming number of people have nahimic and get nahimic related crashes and have no idea they have nahimic installed because it came with their mobo

Nahemic is not directly MQ or EQ. Its normally part of MB or GPU real time monitoring software. It fighta wirh imgui, and that then causes eq/mq issues.

Nahemic is not directly MQ or EQ. Its normally part of MB or GPU real time monitoring software. It fighta wirh imgui, and that then causes eq/mq issues.
nahimic is a video overlay for sound, some cpu manufacturers included it - like MSI

nahimic is a video overlay for sound, some cpu manufacturers included it - like MSI
Well, I did a search, and sure enough Nahimic is on here. I dont use anything MSI. Everything is Asus, Corsair or Razer, but I did have an overlay for sound on side that I thought Razer had added, will research later where it came from. I did buy some Red Dragon speakers and that may be the culprit. If I figure it out I will repost.

Well, I did a search, and sure enough Nahimic is on here. I dont use anything MSI. Everything is Asus, Corsair or Razer, but I did have an overlay for sound on side that I thought Razer had added, will research later where it came from. I did buy some Red Dragon speakers and that may be the culprit. If I figure it out I will repost.
because reasons, Asus uses MSI's software for one particular thing and it includes nahimic

Plugin - MQ2PortalSetter

Users who are viewing this thread

Back