• You've discovered RedGuides 📕 an EverQuest multi-boxing community 🛡️🧙🗡️. We want you to play several EQ characters at once, come join us and say hello! 👋
  • IS THIS SITE UGLY? Change the look. To dismiss this notice, click the X --->
MQ2Nav

Plugin - MQ2Nav Release Thread (2 Viewers)

Trying to open Tov zones in the meshgenerator, unable to load. Used the meshupdater, appears to have downloaded all of the meshes but still unable to load the zones. Any input on this is appreciated. Thanks. Also, want to mention I am a big fan of mq2nav, thank you.
Need to know what you mean by "unable to load", screenshot would be a big help/

Did you add ToV to your zones.ini ? e.g https://www.redguides.com/community/threads/mq2nav-meshes.67564/post-396041

Last edited:
I have a problematic door in Vergalid Mines. My toon will just keep running up against it but doesn't click to open it. It's the door to the Shrine of Zek. I have automatically click doors on and it shows as a door in the debug. Any ideas?

Capture.PNG

Perhaps sort similar to the above request, but I'd like a command or toggle to turn OFF the attempts to rectify what the plugin sees as errors in pathing by strafing sideways. I'm fighting in an area where a strafe left or right too far puts you off the mesh (it's a zone full of bridges). The mobs snare, so mq2nav thinks you're stuck on something (I'm presuming) and then strafes to attempt to get you free. This fucks stuff up.

Can I turn that off?

ID10T here.. Not sure if this is the place for this but when I use find or from the map the zone guide I get an outline of a green box on the screen (sometimes it a rectangle). Anyway I was wondering if I set MQ2Nav up wrong or is it something I did with something else. Thanks and nice work as it seems to work fine I just keep getting this green outline of a box on screen.

If your destination is a Switch, door, or other object that requires you click on it, then you get an outline of the destination object. This is intended.

Is it possible to add objects to a nav mesh? In my guild hall, the portal was set on a pedestal 10ft up with a set of stairs to access it. When I try to navigate to it, my toons stop before they go up the ramp.

I've tried generating a nav mesh, but it doesnt see the objects placed in our guild hall.

Thanks for any help with this.

Is it possible to add objects to a nav mesh? In my guild hall, the portal was set on a pedestal 10ft up with a set of stairs to access it. When I try to navigate to it, my toons stop before they go up the ramp.

I've tried generating a nav mesh, but it doesnt see the objects placed in our guild hall.

Thanks for any help with this.
I have noticed my guildhall figures/statues/etc get in the way of nav'ing through the guildhall - so I just manually move my chars to an open space, or just don't use it in GH. =/

Also the PoK tents for anniv are not in the mesh, and I am constantly getting stuck in them.

if you do a /nav ui you will open up the mq2nav tools ui, there is a settings tab, and you can select to "Automatically click nearby doors" (this is where you can also default break behavior for during navigation).

1589442175800.png

Had the same problem with nav a few times. Set a destination by going to zone guides and setting an end point. 1-2 boxes will refuse to cancel the nav and switch to the new destination. I have tried using the nav UI to stop the path, /end (to make sure no other macros are causing an issue), and even unloading the plugin. Prevents camping so the only fix is to /exit.

MQ2Nav is a awesome tool. Let's preface by saying that. The only part I do NOT like is that when I use EQ's "Find" options, or the path option in maps, it takes off running on it's own and there is nothing I've found I can do about it short of unloading the plugin.
I tend to like to run to NPC's on my own. Or run from zone to zone on my own.

That said, I don't want to lose the Come to Me and the Follow Me options.

Is there a list of MQ2Nav options that I'm missing that controls these features?

Help?

MQ2Nav is a awesome tool. Let's preface by saying that. The only part I do NOT like is that when I use EQ's "Find" options, or the path option in maps, it takes off running on it's own and there is nothing I've found I can do about it short of unloading the plugin.
I tend to like to run to NPC's on my own. Or run from zone to zone on my own.

That said, I don't want to lose the Come to Me and the Follow Me options.

Is there a list of MQ2Nav options that I'm missing that controls these features?

Help?
/can use /nav pause and /nav stop. I use the pause to unstick someone the /nav pause again to start moving again and /nav stop just stops all movement

Not sure of this is the right place for feature requests, but it would be great if you could pass any option to a waypoint command e.g. /nav wp mywaypoint OpenDoors=off

... it would be handy if you could turn things on/off temporarily without using the ini, be cause if you're running more than one room things can be unpredictable....

brainiac updated MQ2Nav with a new update entry:

The navmesh compatibility version has changed in this release. MQ2Nav is backwards compatible, so meshes do not need to be re-made. Conversion is optional, but recommended to improve performance and memory usage. New MQ2Nav can load old meshes. Old MQ2Nav cannot load new meshes generated with this version.

Highlights
  • Previous versions of MQ2Nav had an issue when loading navmesh files that caused it to rapidly reallocate a buffer as it...

Read the rest of this update entry...

brainiac updated MQ2Nav with a new update entry:

The navmesh compatibility version has changed in this release. MQ2Nav is backwards compatible, so meshes do not need to be re-made. Conversion is optional, but recommended to improve performance and memory usage. New MQ2Nav can load old meshes. Old MQ2Nav cannot load new meshes generated with this version.

Highlights
  • Previous versions of MQ2Nav had an issue when loading navmesh files that caused it to rapidly reallocate a buffer as it...

Read the rest of this update entry...

I downloaded the latest VV 20200614 update and now I am having issues with MQ2Nav. MQ2Nav will not load and I am getting the following error:

[MQ2Nav] v1.3.3 by brainiac
[MQ2Nav] Rendering support failed! We wont be able to draw to the 3d world.
[MQ2Nav] Failed to initialize plugin!

I tried reupdating VV 20200614 through the RG launcher, downloading the new navmeshupdater.exe, checked that my DirectX was updated/restarted my computer, and checked to see if my NVIDIA drivers were updated.

Any input on how to resolve? I last played Friday before the RG update and Nav was loading and working fine.

I downloaded the latest VV 20200614 update and now I am having issues with MQ2Nav. MQ2Nav will not load and I am getting the following error:

[MQ2Nav] v1.3.3 by brainiac
[MQ2Nav] Rendering support failed! We wont be able to draw to the 3d world.
[MQ2Nav] Failed to initialize plugin!

I tried reupdating VV 20200614 through the RG launcher, downloading the new navmeshupdater.exe, checked that my DirectX was updated/restarted my computer, and checked to see if my NVIDIA drivers were updated.

Any input on how to resolve? I last played Friday before the RG update and Nav was loading and working fine.
Confirmed issue on Test, thank you for the report.

This isn't working for me. Did something break? "The Hole" doors are not being opened by my warrior, and he just infinitely paths into them until i open the door manually?????

Figured out the issue btw, "Ignore Scripted Doors" is preventing opening of doors in the hole. Normal, clickable, doors are being ignored. Not sure if the same "Type" of door object is being used elsewhere in the door as a scripted object. However, unchecking that option un-broke my warrior as a puller :)

I think some of the olds zone's door the meshs dont work very well...ive seen my toons getting stucks in lower guk, door that they dont open in freeport....using on other servers with newer expansions, it works well

would be nice if there was a manual mode we could turn on by default or it would ask you if you wanted auto navigation instead of jumping straight into running you somewhere. As a person on a pvp server, I cannot be out of control of my character in an open zone.

would be nice if there was a manual mode we could turn on by default or it would ask you if you wanted auto navigation instead of jumping straight into running you somewhere. As a person on a pvp server, I cannot be out of control of my character in an open zone.
/plugin mq2easyfind unload

i don't have the meshes, i can't reload them and i can't render the meshes in zones. No error, it just doesn't do anything and says no mesh for zone xxx

is there a place to get all the meshes and just push them into the file folder?
Hell yeah

its in your release folder

Plugin - MQ2Nav Release Thread

Users who are viewing this thread

Back